Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or upload here
Ten Watford problems you submitted to the Watford Observer
Following our list of uniquely Watford problems, more suggestions have been pouring in from readers. Here is our top ten:
1. “Explaining that Watford gap isn't anywhere near Watford.” (@VitalWatford @BeachHut81 @AndrewCarberry) - it's in Northampton.
Unless you count the one in intu Watford.
2. Adrian Evans emailed in about how “chuggers” had turned the High Street into the gauntlet challenge from the television series Gladiators.
3. “No Cinema, a health campus with no health. Watford Junction drop-off designed in the pub.” (@Hornet7127)
Hopefully the first two will be rectified in the coming years. As for the third, we have been unable to verify exactly where it was designed.
4. “Has ANYONE ever driven around Bushey Arches without having to stop?” (John Norfolk, formerly of Oxhey Village, now residing in Devon)
5. “Parking anywhere near your house in north Watford.” (@greebstreebling)
6. “Oxhey Railway Station is actually Bushey Station, but there is no railway station in Bushey.” (Andrew1963, via comments)
7. “Getting around the ring road just before Christmas.” (@FatsargeEvans)
8. “Going abroad and always meeting someone from Watford, or worse meeting someone from Luton and lying about where you live.” (Rhian Williams, via email)
9. “It's probably cheaper to spend the night at Travelodge than get a cab to Bushey.” (@Billyboy62)
10. “Hearing ‘they call it Water Lane for a reason’ countless times during heavy rain." (@BertytheSnowman and @Markysaurus_Rex)
Comments are closed on this article.