Weekend What's On – Seven things you can't miss in the Watford area this weekend (From Watford Observer)
Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or upload here
Weekend What's On – Seven things you can't miss in the Watford area this weekend
Here’s your guide to the best things to do this weekend in the Watford area.
1. Oxhey Village Summer Fayre - Local stalls, performers, food and drink, and fun and games are on the bill for everyone at this year’s fayre, organised by Oxhey Village Environment Group. Includes the Oxhey Fun Run.
Oxhey Village Green, Oxhey, June 7, from 1pm. Details: oveg.org
2. National Gardens Scheme - Every year the scheme opens thousands of outstanding gardens throughout England and Wales to raise money for nursing and caring charities. This year, Watford residents can visit 47 Bournehall Avenue in Bushey, and 124 Highfield Road, Rickmansworth, June 7, 2pm to 6.30pm. Details: ngs.or.guk
3. Grand Summer Fair - The 74th Watford Scout Group is holding a grand summer fair that will include books, toys and bric-a-brac stalls, a raffle, tombola, BBQ, refreshments and games.
St Luke’s Church, Langley Road, Watford, June 7, 11.30am to 3pm. Details: 01923 246161, stlukeswatford.org
4. Ain’t You Got No Holmes to Go To? A murder mystery evening courtesy of Bovingdon Players. Test yourself against the great detective and try and solve the mystery of Lord Longshot’s death. Bring along a picnic supper. Bovingdon Memorial Hall, High Street, Bovingdon, June 6 and 7, 7.45pm. Details: 07905 512258, bovingdonplayers.com
5. DRUM Annual Art Exhibition - Visitors can see drawings, paintings and collages made by members of DRUM, the Disability Recreation Unity Movement, inspired by film and TV.
Parkgate Community Centre, Southwold Road, Watford, June 7, 11am to 3pm. Details: 01923 442114, drum.btck.co.uk
6. Watford’s Got Talent - Dust off your dance moves, warm up your warblers and master those magic tricks - the ultimate talent show goes Watford styley. Part of Watford Live!
Watford Central Library, Hempstead Road, Watford, June 7, 5pm to 7.30pm. Details: 0300 1234049, watfordlive.org
7. The Radlett Festival of Music - Bringing together local schools and music groups in two amazing performances. Radlett Centre, Aldenham Avenue, Radlett, June 7, 2pm and 7pm. Details: 01923 859291, radlettcentre.co.uk
Comments are closed on this article.