Watford will be without Lloyd Doyley for the visit of Burnley as striker shortage continues

Watford Observer: Picture: Dave Peters Picture: Dave Peters

Lloyd Doyley will miss Saturday's game with Burnley but Watford could welcome back fellow defender Marco Cassetti.

Doyley is out for around a week after twisting his ankle in the 4-1 win at Sheffield Wednesday.

Cassetti and Jonathan Bond both missed the game at Hillsborough but are fit once again and Essaid Belkalem is also in contention following his back spasm.

Watford continue to have a shortage of attacking players, with only two recognised strikers available.

Chu-Young Park is unlikely to return for another two or three weeks due to a toe injury and Fernando Forestieri suffered a small fracture on his toe so is likely to be sidelined for a further week to ten days.

Young Watford striker Bernard Mensah had an operation in Rome on Monday and is expected to be fit for pre-season.

Almen Abdi (foot) and Fitz Hall (Achilles) should be available after they played 45 and 77 minutes respectively in the midweek friendly with Northampton Town.

Watford are eight points below the play-off places with eight matches remaining. So with a game in hand, finishing in the top six is not completely out of the question, especially with several play-off chasing sides struggling for form.

Sannino said: "I think we need to carry on trying to win as many matches as possible until towards the end of the season. Then we will open our eyes to see if we are still dreaming of something or if we should be building towards next season.

"I am very practical. I don’t like to give a false expectation to people. I like to allow people to dream; to dream together. To have a surprise, we have to work."

He later added: "I am focused on the next game. I am not focused on this vision."

Comments (8)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:08pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Cuetip says...

Doyley is a lion to the Horns cause with his biting tackles. Let's hope his bark is far worse from the bench to shut that door from in form Burnley.
Doyley is a lion to the Horns cause with his biting tackles. Let's hope his bark is far worse from the bench to shut that door from in form Burnley. Cuetip
  • Score: -6

6:46pm Thu 3 Apr 14

hogweed says...

This Korean was a great loan. Not

Hog out
This Korean was a great loan. Not Hog out hogweed
  • Score: 8

6:58pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Poppet Bear says...

hogweed wrote:
This Korean was a great loan. Not

Hog out
What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal.
[quote][p][bold]hogweed[/bold] wrote: This Korean was a great loan. Not Hog out[/p][/quote]What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal. Poppet Bear
  • Score: 8

9:14pm Thu 3 Apr 14

francowatford says...

That was one Korean take away that has left a foul taste in my mouth
That was one Korean take away that has left a foul taste in my mouth francowatford
  • Score: 6

9:14pm Thu 3 Apr 14

bishopofwatford says...

Poppet Bear wrote:
hogweed wrote:
This Korean was a great loan. Not

Hog out
What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal.
Here here along with that diakite QPR waste of space!
[quote][p][bold]Poppet Bear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hogweed[/bold] wrote: This Korean was a great loan. Not Hog out[/p][/quote]What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal.[/p][/quote]Here here along with that diakite QPR waste of space! bishopofwatford
  • Score: -3

10:26pm Thu 3 Apr 14

croxley46 says...

bishopofwatford wrote:
Poppet Bear wrote:
hogweed wrote:
This Korean was a great loan. Not

Hog out
What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal.
Here here along with that diakite QPR waste of space!
I thought loanees returned to their parent club when out injured for some time, and that we don't pay or contribute to their wages during that time.
Diakite had a reasonable 15 mins cameo appearance vs Blackburn, without getting booked but didn't even feature in the squad vs Sheff. Wed. However, I think the jury is out on him, particularly with his disciplinary record - back to QPR!
[quote][p][bold]bishopofwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poppet Bear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hogweed[/bold] wrote: This Korean was a great loan. Not Hog out[/p][/quote]What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal.[/p][/quote]Here here along with that diakite QPR waste of space![/p][/quote]I thought loanees returned to their parent club when out injured for some time, and that we don't pay or contribute to their wages during that time. Diakite had a reasonable 15 mins cameo appearance vs Blackburn, without getting booked but didn't even feature in the squad vs Sheff. Wed. However, I think the jury is out on him, particularly with his disciplinary record - back to QPR! croxley46
  • Score: 7

8:26am Fri 4 Apr 14

Harry's Bar says...

hogweed wrote:
This Korean was a great loan. Not

Hog out
He's played more minutes than Lucas Niell, set in that context he has been a success. It's all relative.
[quote][p][bold]hogweed[/bold] wrote: This Korean was a great loan. Not Hog out[/p][/quote]He's played more minutes than Lucas Niell, set in that context he has been a success. It's all relative. Harry's Bar
  • Score: 2

8:52am Fri 4 Apr 14

Poppet Bear says...

croxley46 wrote:
bishopofwatford wrote:
Poppet Bear wrote:
hogweed wrote:
This Korean was a great loan. Not

Hog out
What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal.
Here here along with that diakite QPR waste of space!
I thought loanees returned to their parent club when out injured for some time, and that we don't pay or contribute to their wages during that time.
Diakite had a reasonable 15 mins cameo appearance vs Blackburn, without getting booked but didn't even feature in the squad vs Sheff. Wed. However, I think the jury is out on him, particularly with his disciplinary record - back to QPR!
Agreed, get rid !!!
[quote][p][bold]croxley46[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bishopofwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Poppet Bear[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hogweed[/bold] wrote: This Korean was a great loan. Not Hog out[/p][/quote]What a waist of space and money, send him back to the Arsenal.[/p][/quote]Here here along with that diakite QPR waste of space![/p][/quote]I thought loanees returned to their parent club when out injured for some time, and that we don't pay or contribute to their wages during that time. Diakite had a reasonable 15 mins cameo appearance vs Blackburn, without getting booked but didn't even feature in the squad vs Sheff. Wed. However, I think the jury is out on him, particularly with his disciplinary record - back to QPR![/p][/quote]Agreed, get rid !!! Poppet Bear
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree