Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
Electrical fault causes house fire in Carpenders Park
A Carpenders Park couple were forced to flee their home following an electrical fire this afternoon.
The man, who identified himself as Reza, said he was changing a light bulb in an upstairs bedroom at his home in The Mead when the power tripped out.
By the time he had re-set the fuses and returned to the room a fire had spread to furniture in the room.
He said: "There is a lot of damage in the bedroom."
Three fire engines, police and paramedics were called at around 3pm but nobody was injured and the emergency services were able to leave just over an hour later.