Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
Christmas hits: Slade to rake in more than £500k this year
6:00am Monday 16th December 2013 in News
Slade’s Noddy Holder has admitted his song “Merry Christmas Everybody” is like winning the lottery each year – though he has never actually revealed the income he receives form the Performing Rights Society (PRS).
However, researchers have spent the last year adding up all the factors that contribute to a healthy annual Christmas cheque and have come up with the top 10 Christmas money-spinning records.
According to www.prezzybox.com, Noddy has already earned half a million pounds from his song this year, with the big day a week away.
The top ten seasonal money earners are:
- Slade – Merry Xmas Everybody £512,000
- Pogues – Fairytale Of New York £386,270
- Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas £347,615
- Wham – Last Christmas £301,622
- Cliff Richard – Mistletoe & Wine £98,408
- Band Aid – Do they Know It’s Christmas £78,030
- Shakin’ Stevens – Merry Christmas Everyone £53,834
- Pretenders – 2000 Miles £45,344
- East 17 – Stay Another Day £30,219
- Jona Lewie – Stop The Calvary £13,258
And prezzybox predicts that by New Year’s Eve Noddy will have made more than £800,000, Mariah will have raked in £455,000 and the Pogues £520,000.
Researchers take into account PRS royalties, plays on radio, TV, duke box plays, shop plays and compilation album sales.
To keep track of the cash as it keeps rolling in before the big day, visit http://www.prezzybox.com/apps/christmas-song-royalties.aspx
Comments are closed on this article.