A woman who moved into the house where a Watford man was gunned down in a revenge shooting said she has been terrorised for more than a year by a gang of men.
Anita Rahman moved to Hodges Way in November 2012 because she had taken over the care of her grandchildren, aged seven and four.
She found the house on a property website and got in touch with the family, who said they were keen to move.
However, she was unaware that the house was where Mohammed Yasin Khan was left disabled after being shot with a shotgun in a revenge attack.
Two men burst into the house in the early hours of October 27, 2011 and gunned him down as he rushed to slam his bedroom door on the intruders.
As a result he had been left paralysed down his left side, his speech has been affected and he is unable to walk.
Ms Rahman, her husband, 19-year-old son, and two grandchildren moved to the house Watford, and only found out the truth when detectives turned up at her front door.
She said: "No-one told me there had been a shooting in here. The police came to measure up the rooms for the case, they asked me if I knew what happened.
"I said ‘I thought the gentleman had a stroke?’, and they sat me down and told me he was shot with a shotgun in one of the bedrooms."
Ms Rahman said since then she had had "nothing but grief", including criminal damage to her fence and Arabic graffiti being scrawled across the front of the house.
She added: "People have smashed my fences and my flower pots. My neighbour has to put up with racist abuse, having all her plant pots broken and people making rude gestures through her windows.
"I’ve had 15 people stood outside the house with wood having a go at us and my son was beaten up and chased with a knife.
"I don’t know the people who lived here before but what happened to them worries me still to this day. If you hear a noise you’re going to jump up."
On Sunday a group of three men in their 20s ran amok outside her house, damaging fence panels and jumping on a parked car.
Ms Rahman said: "My husband put up a fence to block off the house to the road and they have kicked the fence in.
"Then, when I came out, the lid off a salt bin was thrown over the fence and hit me on the head.
"A young lady was parked outside my house in a car, and there was a group of five of them jumping all over it.
"I haven’t had a row with anyone here."
Ms Rahman said she had reported the incident to the police and Origin Housing, and had been waiting for a CCTV camera for seven months.
She said: "The council won’t rehouse me because I’ve already got a place. I said ‘get me out of here’ but I’ve been told to look for a house swap on the internet.
"I was told seven months ago the housing association was going to put a CCTV camera up, last week I phoned them they said they were coming Wednesday but they never did.
"It took me 18 months to get this house, but if I’d have known someone had been shot here I would never have moved in."
Julie Humphreys, head of communications at Origin Housing, said: "We take all allegations of anti-social behaviour very seriously and alongside our partners in the police service, have investigated this incident.
"At the time nobody has been apprehended but we will continue to support the police in any way we can.
"We are discussing with the resident what options are available to her, including enhancements to home security.
"We do not normally repair garden fences, but in this case, as a gesture of good will, we have agreed to do so.
"The neighbourhood manager has spoken to Anita about how to apply for a transfer to a new home, and we are more than happy to discuss this in further detail with her, as we are with all residents who request this."