Chuggers have been banished from The Parade but they are still allowed to collect further down the High Street.
Read these top chugger-avoiding tactics to help you dodge the remaining clipboard-toting guilt merchants, and donate some money to charity in your own time.
1. The 'charmer' – “I always say ‘I didn’t stop for your good looking mate ten minutes ago, so you’ve got no chance’ does the trick” via @d_unstable.
"Oh no you didn't!"
2. The 'que?' – “A few words in Spanish does the job” via @d_unstable.
"Donde esta Hot Stuff?"
3. The Craig David – “Headphones and a look of being lost in music” @TheSonicMole.
"I'm just so into country and western dubstep fusion right now."
4. The Grange Hill – “Just! Say! No!” @GRod_82.
"Can I stop you there. It's a no from me."
5. The Trigger Happy TV - “I always walk up the High Street at lunch times pretending to speak on my phone” @AimiLouise.
"Gary are you coming to the skatepark or not?"
6. The Ikea – “Use the Swedish I have learned: ‘Jag Talar Inte Engelska'. If they don't understand, GOOD!” @gideonsway.
"You what mate?"
7. The Six Nations - “Timing it so a blocker walks between you and chugger. Used to employ the same technique on the rugby wing” @Adam_Watfordobs.
"MUST. GET. TO. NANDOS."
8. The schoolyard – “Tell them that they have dropped something and point behind them. They always fall for it” @JohnRyan_4
"Direct debits everywhere!"
9. The philanthropist - “I tell them about the actual things others and I do to raise money for charity, rather than harassing people in the street. They wear a different charity t-shirt every day too, so not even in it for a specific charity!” - Suzanne Ashwood
10. The skint - “I have no money usually works” Nicky Williams.
"How many Jagerbombs did I buy last night?"
11. The Paxman – “Asking what their commission rate is seems to have them shy away quite quickly” @dentedshed.
"What do you mean you're not on commission?"
12. The one we should do really – “No thank you, smile and keep walking, has never failed for me. Is there any need for anything else?” @durrant_james.
"No thank you."