Firefighters were called to a Rickmansworth pub this morning after a tumble dryer ignited.

One crew from Rickmansworth and another from Watford attended The Feathers, in Church Lane, after receiving the call at 11.34am.

The tumble dryer was on fire in a room on the building’s first floor.

Firefighters had to use breathing apparatus to enter the building and extinguish the blaze using a hose reel.

Rickmansworth firefighter, Steve Mosley, said crews were called by a member of staff after they were unsuccessful in putting the blaze out using a fire extinguisher.

The fire, which was extinguished in two minutes, is being treated as accidental.