Firefighters called to the Feathers Pub in Rickmansworth after tumble dryer ignites

Watford Observer: From Rickmansworth Fire's twitter account @A07Fire From Rickmansworth Fire's twitter account @A07Fire

Firefighters were called to a Rickmansworth pub this morning after a tumble dryer ignited.

One crew from Rickmansworth and another from Watford attended The Feathers, in Church Lane, after receiving the call at 11.34am.

The tumble dryer was on fire in a room on the building’s first floor.

Firefighters had to use breathing apparatus to enter the building and extinguish the blaze using a hose reel.

Rickmansworth firefighter, Steve Mosley, said crews were called by a member of staff after they were unsuccessful in putting the blaze out using a fire extinguisher.

The fire, which was extinguished in two minutes, is being treated as accidental.

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:33pm Wed 26 Mar 14

LSC says...

Do the Fire Service have a hotline to the WO at the moment?
Do the Fire Service have a hotline to the WO at the moment? LSC
  • Score: 1

9:32am Thu 27 Mar 14

TRT says...

LSC wrote:
Do the Fire Service have a hotline to the WO at the moment?
If it gets too hot they'll be calling themselves out!
[quote][p][bold]LSC[/bold] wrote: Do the Fire Service have a hotline to the WO at the moment?[/p][/quote]If it gets too hot they'll be calling themselves out! TRT
  • Score: 0

12:19pm Thu 27 Mar 14

garston tony says...

The FB have a facebook or twitter page dont they? The WO is probably keeping an eye on those and posting anything and everything of interest.

Just as a footnote, I was told a couple of years ago that washing machines, tumble dryers etc were the most common cause of house fires in this country. Anyone know if that is true?
The FB have a facebook or twitter page dont they? The WO is probably keeping an eye on those and posting anything and everything of interest. Just as a footnote, I was told a couple of years ago that washing machines, tumble dryers etc were the most common cause of house fires in this country. Anyone know if that is true? garston tony
  • Score: 0

5:23pm Thu 27 Mar 14

LocalBoy1 says...

I have a pukka £60 fire extinguisher in my kitchen, it's powder so can deal with fat and electrical, always have had. Don't other people do this?
I have a pukka £60 fire extinguisher in my kitchen, it's powder so can deal with fat and electrical, always have had. Don't other people do this? LocalBoy1
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree