Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or upload here
Firefighters called to the Feathers Pub in Rickmansworth after tumble dryer ignites
Firefighters were called to a Rickmansworth pub this morning after a tumble dryer ignited.
One crew from Rickmansworth and another from Watford attended The Feathers, in Church Lane, after receiving the call at 11.34am.
The tumble dryer was on fire in a room on the building’s first floor.
Firefighters had to use breathing apparatus to enter the building and extinguish the blaze using a hose reel.
Rickmansworth firefighter, Steve Mosley, said crews were called by a member of staff after they were unsuccessful in putting the blaze out using a fire extinguisher.
The fire, which was extinguished in two minutes, is being treated as accidental.
Comments are closed on this article.