Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or contact us here
Flower society Spring Show sees 'exceedingly high' standard
Bovingdon Horticultural Society had more than 200 entries in its Spring Show.
The show, which was held at the Memorial Hall, High Street on April 12 saw an "exceedingly high" standard in the daffodil class.
Residents were also treated to exhibits in floral art, handicraft and painting classes.
The following people won awards for their work:
- Gillian Johansson won the Wildacre cup for the most points in the flower classes.
- Brian Stewart won the Daffodil Society Medal for the best daffodil exhibit
- Mavis Lawrence won a voucher donated by Lily Rose Florist for the best floral art exhibit.
- Frances Howard won The Challenge Cup for the best handicraft exhibit.
- Susan Chester won The Pendley Estates Trophy for the best painting exhibit.
Comments are closed on this article.