Woman sectioned after drinking bleach in Watford Jobcentre

Woman drinks bleach in Watford Jobcentre

Woman drinks bleach in Watford Jobcentre

First published in News
Last updated
Watford Observer: Photograph of the Author by , Senior Reporter

A woman was taken to hospital after drinking bleach while in a Watford Jobcentre on Wednesday.

Police were called to the Exchange House Jobcentre, in Exchange Road, at 2.40pm following reports that the 55-year-old was being violent towards staff.

The woman then drank the poisonous substance and was taken to Watford General Hospital.

She was sectioned under the Mental Health Act and was given medical treatment.

 

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:38pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether!
Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether! Hornets number 12 fan
  • Score: 104

7:04pm Fri 1 Aug 14

WanderingDynamo says...

Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether!
My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs.

It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan.

After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable.

No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door.

So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right.

People, whatever you do..

DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
[quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether![/p][/quote]My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs. It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan. After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable. No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door. So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right. People, whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW. WanderingDynamo
  • Score: 46

7:42pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Boosey says...

WanderingDynamo wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether!
My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs.

It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan.

After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable.

No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door.

So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right.

People, whatever you do..

DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.
[quote][p][bold]WanderingDynamo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether![/p][/quote]My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs. It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan. After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable. No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door. So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right. People, whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.[/p][/quote]Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best. Boosey
  • Score: 2

7:45pm Fri 1 Aug 14

ancientandageing says...

Not to sure that this will stop the likes of ATOS santioning her.
Not to sure that this will stop the likes of ATOS santioning her. ancientandageing
  • Score: 39

10:12pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

Boosey wrote:
WanderingDynamo wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether!
My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs.

It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan.

After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable.

No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door.

So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right.

People, whatever you do..

DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.
The NHS fail the mentally ill miserably
[quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WanderingDynamo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether![/p][/quote]My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs. It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan. After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable. No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door. So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right. People, whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.[/p][/quote]Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.[/p][/quote]The NHS fail the mentally ill miserably Hornets number 12 fan
  • Score: 26

11:50pm Fri 1 Aug 14

D.unstable says...

I think that the NHS is at breaking point along with all the other state funded services. It's the bigger problem of too many takers and not enough filling the pot.

The Country has gone down the pan!!!
I think that the NHS is at breaking point along with all the other state funded services. It's the bigger problem of too many takers and not enough filling the pot. The Country has gone down the pan!!! D.unstable
  • Score: 33

2:47am Sat 2 Aug 14

cmills says...

Being hounded by the jobcentre DWP , is not a mental health problem - these people can push any of us to do a desperate thing - people have no idea unless they have to use the jobcentres . It not the woman who drank bleach we should be looking at , but system that drove her to this .
Being hounded by the jobcentre DWP , is not a mental health problem - these people can push any of us to do a desperate thing - people have no idea unless they have to use the jobcentres . It not the woman who drank bleach we should be looking at , but system that drove her to this . cmills
  • Score: 72

7:25am Sat 2 Aug 14

theturpster says...

D.unstable wrote:
I think that the NHS is at breaking point along with all the other state funded services. It's the bigger problem of too many takers and not enough filling the pot.

The Country has gone down the pan!!!
That's only half the problem. When society as a whole gives all their expendable income to the conglomerates who seek loopholes to avoid their profits going back into the treasury, where do we think the NHS funding will come from. If we continue to worship capitalism, then we as a country have no right to moan about our health service. They do the best they can with the money they have. Think about that when sitting in that American coffee shop or purchasing cheap toot of that well known on line retailer. Its our own actions to blame for this.
[quote][p][bold]D.unstable[/bold] wrote: I think that the NHS is at breaking point along with all the other state funded services. It's the bigger problem of too many takers and not enough filling the pot. The Country has gone down the pan!!![/p][/quote]That's only half the problem. When society as a whole gives all their expendable income to the conglomerates who seek loopholes to avoid their profits going back into the treasury, where do we think the NHS funding will come from. If we continue to worship capitalism, then we as a country have no right to moan about our health service. They do the best they can with the money they have. Think about that when sitting in that American coffee shop or purchasing cheap toot of that well known on line retailer. Its our own actions to blame for this. theturpster
  • Score: 24

8:11am Sat 2 Aug 14

theturpster says...

PS thoughts are with the lady in question, I hope she gets the treatment required necessary and to wandering dynamo, respect - It cannot be easy to spill your guts on line publicly. I hope you find some resolution quickly.
PS thoughts are with the lady in question, I hope she gets the treatment required necessary and to wandering dynamo, respect - It cannot be easy to spill your guts on line publicly. I hope you find some resolution quickly. theturpster
  • Score: 18

8:24pm Sat 2 Aug 14

watfordrick says...

Boosey wrote:
WanderingDynamo wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether!
My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs.

It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan.

After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable.

No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door.

So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right.

People, whatever you do..

DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.
Yeah alright - why are you even posting ?
[quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WanderingDynamo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether![/p][/quote]My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs. It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan. After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable. No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door. So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right. People, whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.[/p][/quote]Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.[/p][/quote]Yeah alright - why are you even posting ? watfordrick
  • Score: 8

11:35am Sun 3 Aug 14

Boosey says...

watfordrick wrote:
Boosey wrote:
WanderingDynamo wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether!
My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs.

It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan.

After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable.

No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door.

So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right.

People, whatever you do..

DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.
Yeah alright - why are you even posting ?
What's it got to do with you Watfordprick whether I post or not?
[quote][p][bold]watfordrick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WanderingDynamo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether![/p][/quote]My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs. It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan. After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable. No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door. So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right. People, whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.[/p][/quote]Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.[/p][/quote]Yeah alright - why are you even posting ?[/p][/quote]What's it got to do with you Watfordprick whether I post or not? Boosey
  • Score: -15

5:22pm Sun 3 Aug 14

watfordrick says...

I read your comment and thought what was the point. I mean it just didn't really say anything and I was asking you why bother. Are you one of these people that just comment on everything no matter what whether you know anything about the subject or not? I think I saw you the other day - have you lost a bit of weight?
I read your comment and thought what was the point. I mean it just didn't really say anything and I was asking you why bother. Are you one of these people that just comment on everything no matter what whether you know anything about the subject or not? I think I saw you the other day - have you lost a bit of weight? watfordrick
  • Score: 7

9:51am Mon 4 Aug 14

garston tony says...

Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery.

However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question.

Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help.

Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc.

I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know garston tony
  • Score: -2

9:55am Mon 4 Aug 14

garston tony says...

Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery.

However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question.

Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help.

Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc.

I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know garston tony
  • Score: -6

10:03am Mon 4 Aug 14

Boosey says...

watfordrick wrote:
I read your comment and thought what was the point. I mean it just didn't really say anything and I was asking you why bother. Are you one of these people that just comment on everything no matter what whether you know anything about the subject or not? I think I saw you the other day - have you lost a bit of weight?
Yes I have lost weight, funny that, that's what my consultant said!
[quote][p][bold]watfordrick[/bold] wrote: I read your comment and thought what was the point. I mean it just didn't really say anything and I was asking you why bother. Are you one of these people that just comment on everything no matter what whether you know anything about the subject or not? I think I saw you the other day - have you lost a bit of weight?[/p][/quote]Yes I have lost weight, funny that, that's what my consultant said! Boosey
  • Score: -7

12:30pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Paul Gadd says...

Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list'

The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO
Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list' The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO Paul Gadd
  • Score: 18

1:17pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

Paul Gadd wrote:
Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list'

The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO
Agree with everything you say.
[quote][p][bold]Paul Gadd[/bold] wrote: Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list' The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO[/p][/quote]Agree with everything you say. Hornets number 12 fan
  • Score: 11

1:25pm Mon 4 Aug 14

cmills says...

garston tony wrote:
Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery.

However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question.

Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help.

Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc.

I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
Why did she choice to do this in the Jobcentre ?- of coarse it was to do with issues with them - have you lost all your common sense- its not making assumptions, its simply putting it together and using experience of using theses places - Have you ever used the jobcentre ? If not, perhaps you are the one making assumptions.
[quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know[/p][/quote]Why did she choice to do this in the Jobcentre ?- of coarse it was to do with issues with them - have you lost all your common sense- its not making assumptions, its simply putting it together and using experience of using theses places - Have you ever used the jobcentre ? If not, perhaps you are the one making assumptions. cmills
  • Score: 8

1:46pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

cmills wrote:
garston tony wrote:
Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery.

However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question.

Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help.

Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc.

I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
Why did she choice to do this in the Jobcentre ?- of coarse it was to do with issues with them - have you lost all your common sense- its not making assumptions, its simply putting it together and using experience of using theses places - Have you ever used the jobcentre ? If not, perhaps you are the one making assumptions.
It's OK Garston Tony lives in a mink lined world where all is wonderful! this womans cry for help was obviously aimed at the JC and their caring sharing staff! It was as much a protest as a cry for help and I can totally understand why she did it.
[quote][p][bold]cmills[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know[/p][/quote]Why did she choice to do this in the Jobcentre ?- of coarse it was to do with issues with them - have you lost all your common sense- its not making assumptions, its simply putting it together and using experience of using theses places - Have you ever used the jobcentre ? If not, perhaps you are the one making assumptions.[/p][/quote]It's OK Garston Tony lives in a mink lined world where all is wonderful! this womans cry for help was obviously aimed at the JC and their caring sharing staff! It was as much a protest as a cry for help and I can totally understand why she did it. Hornets number 12 fan
  • Score: 14

2:04pm Mon 4 Aug 14

garston tony says...

cmills wrote:
garston tony wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
Why did she choice to do this in the Jobcentre ?- of coarse it was to do with issues with them - have you lost all your common sense- its not making assumptions, its simply putting it together and using experience of using theses places - Have you ever used the jobcentre ? If not, perhaps you are the one making assumptions.
As I pointed out these types of events are occassionally reported as happening in difference locations, the location of the incident isnt necessarily linked. Over the years i've heard of people doing things in fast food restaurants for instance, or retail outlets or even out on the street or on public transport but their actions werent linked to any gripe they had with the location

I'm not saying the location isnt linked but there is equally no proof that it is, if you dont want any balance then fine you run in ignorance with your assumptions. Personally I'd rather be a little more open minded and a little less judgemental based on a total of ZERO facts other than this poor ladies actions the other day. Its obvious some of you have your dead set opinions which nothing will change, its just a shame that you choose to express them when you know so little about the person concerned.
[quote][p][bold]cmills[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know[/p][/quote]Why did she choice to do this in the Jobcentre ?- of coarse it was to do with issues with them - have you lost all your common sense- its not making assumptions, its simply putting it together and using experience of using theses places - Have you ever used the jobcentre ? If not, perhaps you are the one making assumptions.[/p][/quote]As I pointed out these types of events are occassionally reported as happening in difference locations, the location of the incident isnt necessarily linked. Over the years i've heard of people doing things in fast food restaurants for instance, or retail outlets or even out on the street or on public transport but their actions werent linked to any gripe they had with the location I'm not saying the location isnt linked but there is equally no proof that it is, if you dont want any balance then fine you run in ignorance with your assumptions. Personally I'd rather be a little more open minded and a little less judgemental based on a total of ZERO facts other than this poor ladies actions the other day. Its obvious some of you have your dead set opinions which nothing will change, its just a shame that you choose to express them when you know so little about the person concerned. garston tony
  • Score: -7

2:22pm Mon 4 Aug 14

lutondown says...

Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Boosey wrote:
WanderingDynamo wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether!
My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs.

It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan.

After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable.

No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door.

So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right.

People, whatever you do..

DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES

THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.
Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.
The NHS fail the mentally ill miserably
The NHS is funded by tax payers money, less than 40% of the nation pay tax, as we live in the age of the feckless. This is compounded by mass immigration leaving the NHS And indeed all services creaking at the rafters. We have too many people and its only in the near future when water becomes the new oil will the nation start to wake up, but it'll be too late.
This folks is the legacy we leave to our children and there on.
Sorry to hear of anyone suffering, but we have people with cancer being refused treatment because of lack of funds, so it's an all round issue.
Before anyone bothers to call me a fascist or racist I wouldn't waste your breath I am whatever you want me to be.
[quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WanderingDynamo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Firstly I hope she recovers soon and secondly WAKE UP people and realise how badly the sick and mentally ill are being hounded and badgered by the DWP to the end of their tether![/p][/quote]My heart goes out to the woman in the article & I too hope she recovers & receives the help and support she needs. It's not just the DWP though Hornets number 12 fan. After a number of years receiving treatment for mental health issues from different doctors (& different therapies) I've now been told by a consultant I've never seen before that I've a new prognosis (personality disorder) that isn't treatable. No referals to ANYBODY who may be able to help me just bang, out the door. So after some time it's been decided, it seems, that everyone I had long-standing medical relationships with was wrong while this one is right. People, whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK THE NHS OR YOUR GP FOR HELP WITH MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES THEY DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.[/p][/quote]Who says the latest consultant is correct in their prognosis, are you being honest and open with these specialists? They are only as good as the information given and if a person is not in a fit state, how can someone give the correct prognosis. I could not even contemplate how people with mental health problems must feel but I am sure the NHS will always try their best.[/p][/quote]The NHS fail the mentally ill miserably[/p][/quote]The NHS is funded by tax payers money, less than 40% of the nation pay tax, as we live in the age of the feckless. This is compounded by mass immigration leaving the NHS And indeed all services creaking at the rafters. We have too many people and its only in the near future when water becomes the new oil will the nation start to wake up, but it'll be too late. This folks is the legacy we leave to our children and there on. Sorry to hear of anyone suffering, but we have people with cancer being refused treatment because of lack of funds, so it's an all round issue. Before anyone bothers to call me a fascist or racist I wouldn't waste your breath I am whatever you want me to be. lutondown
  • Score: -7

2:26pm Mon 4 Aug 14

lutondown says...

garston tony wrote:
Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery.

However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question.

Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help.

Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc.

I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail
[quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know[/p][/quote]That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail lutondown
  • Score: 5

2:30pm Mon 4 Aug 14

lutondown says...

Paul Gadd wrote:
Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list'

The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO
How's the band Gary? Glittering no doubt
[quote][p][bold]Paul Gadd[/bold] wrote: Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list' The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO[/p][/quote]How's the band Gary? Glittering no doubt lutondown
  • Score: 2

11:50pm Mon 4 Aug 14

Paul Gadd says...

lutondown wrote:
Paul Gadd wrote:
Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list'

The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO
How's the band Gary? Glittering no doubt
Sorry, no band anymore love
Learning to paint with Rolf though
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paul Gadd[/bold] wrote: Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list' The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO[/p][/quote]How's the band Gary? Glittering no doubt[/p][/quote]Sorry, no band anymore love Learning to paint with Rolf though Paul Gadd
  • Score: 1

12:02pm Tue 5 Aug 14

garston tony says...

lutondown wrote:
garston tony wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail
What an amazing contribution to the discussion you have made with your post
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know[/p][/quote]That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail[/p][/quote]What an amazing contribution to the discussion you have made with your post garston tony
  • Score: -3

2:01pm Tue 5 Aug 14

lutondown says...

garston tony wrote:
lutondown wrote:
garston tony wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail
What an amazing contribution to the discussion you have made with your post
What an amazing contribution you make to the sleep apnea society. Zzzz
[quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know[/p][/quote]That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail[/p][/quote]What an amazing contribution to the discussion you have made with your post[/p][/quote]What an amazing contribution you make to the sleep apnea society. Zzzz lutondown
  • Score: 2

2:02pm Tue 5 Aug 14

lutondown says...

Paul Gadd wrote:
lutondown wrote:
Paul Gadd wrote:
Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list'

The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO
How's the band Gary? Glittering no doubt
Sorry, no band anymore love
Learning to paint with Rolf though
Decent retort
[quote][p][bold]Paul Gadd[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Paul Gadd[/bold] wrote: Ian Duncan Sick must be so disappointed that poor woman didn't keel over and die right.......and his DWP cronies couldn't wait either to gleefully chalk off another one of their own 'Schindler's list' The posh Tory boys running this country haven't got a clue how the poor & sick struggle to survive on a daily basis IMHO[/p][/quote]How's the band Gary? Glittering no doubt[/p][/quote]Sorry, no band anymore love Learning to paint with Rolf though[/p][/quote]Decent retort lutondown
  • Score: 1

12:12pm Wed 6 Aug 14

garston tony says...

lutondown wrote:
garston tony wrote:
lutondown wrote:
garston tony wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know
That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail
What an amazing contribution to the discussion you have made with your post
What an amazing contribution you make to the sleep apnea society. Zzzz
At least i'm trying to make valid points about the incident, you on the other hand are being childish as usual
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garston tony[/bold] wrote: Firstly I echo others in wishing this lady a quick recovery. However many of the posters have made the assumption based purely on where this incident happened that she was 'driven' to this by the DWP or ATOS or that she has been failed by the NHS. I would just point out that factually you know nothing of the above, nor anything about the lady in question. Firstly this lady could just as easily have previously not sought treatment for any underlying mental health issues and in this scenario the NHS or 'system' can hardly be blamed for not treating someone who has not approached them for help. Secondly we occassionally hear about people doing similar self harming or having 'episodes' in a variety of locations, the fact that this took place in the job centre may have nothing to do with any issues she may have with benefits etc. I'm not saying that potentially previous posters may be making the correcct assumptions, but they are just that and for balance sake that needs to be pointed out. It could equally be that all the ranting above is totally mis placed in this instance for all we know[/p][/quote]That was even more boring the second time around....thank Tony, you work where sleeping pills fail[/p][/quote]What an amazing contribution to the discussion you have made with your post[/p][/quote]What an amazing contribution you make to the sleep apnea society. Zzzz[/p][/quote]At least i'm trying to make valid points about the incident, you on the other hand are being childish as usual garston tony
  • Score: -4

3:37am Tue 26 Aug 14

MoneyHoney says...

Feel sorry for the people working at the dwp.
Just doing their Job and some nutter walks in.
Why Is this woman allowed out alone?? Where's her family? Career?

What If we didn't have benefits to help people. Other country's don't.. People who work their are just doing their job
Feel sorry for the people working at the dwp. Just doing their Job and some nutter walks in. Why Is this woman allowed out alone?? Where's her family? Career? What If we didn't have benefits to help people. Other country's don't.. People who work their are just doing their job MoneyHoney
  • Score: -2

3:48am Tue 26 Aug 14

MoneyHoney says...

Under paid workers having to deal with general public and nutters. Anyone who wants to harm themself needs sectioning and 24/7 care. Shouldn't be wondering around causing distress to people. I think this free living creates mental health issues, with nothing to do all day and positive nothing to focus on. Just wallowing.
Lock the women up until she loves herself enough never to hurt her body again.. You only get one life one body. Love it even if your skint and have money worries.. Your health is your biggest wealth
Under paid workers having to deal with general public and nutters. Anyone who wants to harm themself needs sectioning and 24/7 care. Shouldn't be wondering around causing distress to people. I think this free living creates mental health issues, with nothing to do all day and positive nothing to focus on. Just wallowing. Lock the women up until she loves herself enough never to hurt her body again.. You only get one life one body. Love it even if your skint and have money worries.. Your health is your biggest wealth MoneyHoney
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree