Launderette fire in South Oxhey

An electrical fault caused a tumble dryer at a South Oxhey launderette to catch fire this afternoon.

Two fire engines from Watford were called to Bridlington Road, where firefighters found the shop filled with smoke.

Hose reels were used to extinguish the flames and the firefighters from Blue Watch left the scene after about 40 minutes.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:22pm Thu 9 Sep 10

Nightreader says...

This happened last Friday as well, is there a serious problem down there or is it just late reporting?
This happened last Friday as well, is there a serious problem down there or is it just late reporting? Nightreader
  • Score: 0

12:05am Fri 10 Sep 10

inayellowshirt says...

must have been caused by something hot under the collar
must have been caused by something hot under the collar inayellowshirt
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree