Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
Extra funding to help pubs stay open for business
3:23pm Friday 12th November 2010 in Business Link
A third round of funding has been announced to help Hertfordshire pubs stay open for business. Accessed via Business Link and financed by the East of England Development Agency (EEDA), any rural pub in the county can apply for a grant of up to £1,500 to use towards business development and revenue expenditure costs.
In the first instance, publicans should contact Business Link on 08457 17 16 15. Business Link Advisers will then undertake a confidential and independent review of the pub business, providing a ‘health check’ that will highlight potential areas for development, such as marketing, training and financial planning, to help the business grow and improve its customer base. Grant monies can be allocated to help publicans focus on the areas of their business that are most in need.
Edwin Jones, Business Link’s Rural Affairs Partnership Director, said: “So far, more than 200 pubs have benefited from grants awarded during the course of the initial funding rounds. From website development, to structural improvements and marketing campaigns, publicans have embraced the opportunity to seek external advice from a Business Link Adviser and successfully implement a plan of action."
“This additional funding has come at a crucial time for the industry as, in our increasingly challenging economy, many pubs have been forced to call last orders for good. Through identifying and addressing areas for improvement, publicans can survive, thrive and stay open for business for years to come.”
Grants will be awarded to rural pubs that meet the qualification criteria and work with a Business Link Adviser to improve their business. There are up to 70 grants available until February 2011, and these will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, so Hertfordshireshire publicans should act quickly to avoid missing out.
Contact Business Link on 08457 17 16 15 or visit www.businesslink.gov.uk/east for further information.
About Business Link in the East of England:
- Business Link… the place to go for business support
- Business Link provides information, practical advice and support to help people to start, run or grow their businesses
- Our clients fall in to two main categories:
- Those running or working in established small and medium sized businesses
- Those who want to start their own business
- Both client groups can access independent, impartial and, in most instances, free help and support from Business Link in the form of:
- Free one-to-one help from an experienced Adviser (established businesses) or Enterprise Awareness Manager (start-ups)
- Workshops and briefings on a range of business subjects such as business planning, sales and marketing, legislation, developing people
- Telephone and online support through our Regional Information and Intelligence centre
- Business Link supports businesses and entrepreneurs in the 6 counties in the East of England: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk
- Business Link is a government initiative to promote enterprise, funded in the East of England by the East of England Development Agency, who offer an extensive portfolio of business support in the region.
- T 08457 17 16 15 E firstname.lastname@example.org www.businesslink.gov.uk/east
Comments are closed on this article.