Watford boss Gianfranco Zola insists fans have yet to see the best of his side

Watford Observer: Watford boss Gianfranco Zola expects his side to improve over time: Holly Cant Watford boss Gianfranco Zola expects his side to improve over time: Holly Cant

Gianfranco Zola has stressed Watford have achieved “nothing yet” and believes his team will get better with time despite increasing their unbeaten run to seven matches.

The Hornets moved into the play-offs at the weekend following their 4-1 victory over Barnsley and have now won four of their last five matches, scoring 18 goals in the process.

However, Zola stressed: “I think that we can still improve. There are players that, in my opinion, still haven’t reached their full potential, so I think as a team we will keep improving.”

He continued: “As far as I can see, we don’t have a problem keeping the players’ feet on the ground because the players are responsible and intelligent people. They don’t need me to remind them all the time about how important it is to stay focused and to stay calm.

“We are at the stage of the season where we have done nothing yet. We are doing good things and we want to have this position at the end of the Championship, not at the half-way point and I am sure they are intelligent enough to realise this.”

Watford had lost three of the previous four games prior to the current seven-match unbeaten run.

When asked why their fortunes had improved so drastically, the Italian replied: “I would love to think our form is because we are a good team and we are doing things in the right way and we are improving.

“I don't think it is because of anything else. We just work hard and we believe in what we are doing. Everyone is putting in 100 per cent effort and this is creating the results for us.

“It’s a good moment for us in term of creating and scoring goals.

“We need to maintain the balance though because it is a difficult Championship and a lot of the things which are happening to us is because we have great confidence. And we want that confidence in a few months time so we need to maintain our attention and hard work. That is the important thing for us.”

Watford had a friendly away to Gillingham on Tuesday, with Almen Abdi and Prince Buaben both given half an hour of game time during the 4-1 victory as they recover from injury.

Zola said he was pleased to see Abdi and Buaben return to action and was impressed with his team’s performance.

“I will make a decision on Abdi and Buaben on Friday; I have to see a couple of things,” Zola said.

“They are both certainly in good condition, especially Almen as he only had a problem with his shoulder and it didn’t stop him from training that much.

“The players that are definitely out of Saturday’s game with Hull are Nyron Nosworthy and John Eustace. That should be it, everyone else is available.

“Ikechi Anya and Lloyd Doyley should be joining the team for training tomorrow (Thursday) or the day after (Friday), so they could be available for selection.”

Hull City are two points and one place ahead of Watford in the table. The Tigers have won their last two away games and have only lost twice in their last eight.

Sone Aluko, who has scored eight league goals this season following his arrival from Glasgow Rangers, missed their last game away at Nottingham Forest with a calf strain and is their only injury doubt. However, the skilful forward trained yesterday.

Comments (45)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:42am Fri 7 Dec 12

Letsalldothecongaforbrittassombalonga says...

So only John and Nyron still out? I was sure that we were missing a few more. I know that Neuton and Anya are fit again but was pretty sure that Lloyd, Prince and Almen would not be fit for Hull?
Score tomorrow anyone? I think its going to be tougher than Wednesday and the Barnacles but can see us nicking it by a goal or two. Thank God Aluko is not fit- he is a terror!
Just (after a few complications) managed to buy tickets for the Forest game. Should be a good crowd with Kid-for-a-quid. I cannot wait!
Wanted to add how impressed I am with Yeates, Deeney, Hogg and Hoban. The fact that they are starters with the vast influx of talent into the club, speaks volumes for their drive and character. The team spirit that Zola has created is incredible and the 'old-boys' have a large part to play in this.
As for the newbies, incredible. The passion and commitment they show to a cause that is alien to them is outstanding. The way Vydra, Forestierri, Abdi and Pudil put 100% into everything takes my breath away. It really is an honour to have professionals like them at our club.
The future is bright, the future is Watford. Lets see some stripes knocked off the tigers tomorrow!
COYH!!!
So only John and Nyron still out? I was sure that we were missing a few more. I know that Neuton and Anya are fit again but was pretty sure that Lloyd, Prince and Almen would not be fit for Hull? Score tomorrow anyone? I think its going to be tougher than Wednesday and the Barnacles but can see us nicking it by a goal or two. Thank God Aluko is not fit- he is a terror! Just (after a few complications) managed to buy tickets for the Forest game. Should be a good crowd with Kid-for-a-quid. I cannot wait! Wanted to add how impressed I am with Yeates, Deeney, Hogg and Hoban. The fact that they are starters with the vast influx of talent into the club, speaks volumes for their drive and character. The team spirit that Zola has created is incredible and the 'old-boys' have a large part to play in this. As for the newbies, incredible. The passion and commitment they show to a cause that is alien to them is outstanding. The way Vydra, Forestierri, Abdi and Pudil put 100% into everything takes my breath away. It really is an honour to have professionals like them at our club. The future is bright, the future is Watford. Lets see some stripes knocked off the tigers tomorrow! COYH!!! Letsalldothecongaforbrittassombalonga

10:04am Fri 7 Dec 12

AMP4WATFORD4EVER says...

The future´s already here..... but bigger things are yet to come. Looking forward to it with great eager. God, It´s good to be a Hornet.......
The future´s already here..... but bigger things are yet to come. Looking forward to it with great eager. God, It´s good to be a Hornet....... AMP4WATFORD4EVER

10:16am Fri 7 Dec 12

Mickey Quinn, not so thin says...

Think they are suggesting Aluko WILL be fit as he trained yesterday !
Think they are suggesting Aluko WILL be fit as he trained yesterday ! Mickey Quinn, not so thin

10:19am Fri 7 Dec 12

Colin West's mullet says...

really looking forward to it - will be a good challenge but no-one in this league should scare us this year.

Bringing a mate along - we've been friends for 20+ years, and this is the first time he's agreed to come to The Vic with me (he's a Man U fan), because he's keen to see if we're as good to watch as he's hearing.

That in itself is an indicator that people are starting to notice that something's happening here. All we need now is the farking Football League Show to catch on...
really looking forward to it - will be a good challenge but no-one in this league should scare us this year. Bringing a mate along - we've been friends for 20+ years, and this is the first time he's agreed to come to The Vic with me (he's a Man U fan), because he's keen to see if we're as good to watch as he's hearing. That in itself is an indicator that people are starting to notice that something's happening here. All we need now is the farking Football League Show to catch on... Colin West's mullet

10:29am Fri 7 Dec 12

Bush Hornet says...

Aluko? Well I'm not scared of anyone when we have this amount of talent on the pitch and on the bench. Might as well mention Almunia's great form too. The tigers can come but we'll rip them apart. Can't wait.
Aluko? Well I'm not scared of anyone when we have this amount of talent on the pitch and on the bench. Might as well mention Almunia's great form too. The tigers can come but we'll rip them apart. Can't wait. Bush Hornet

10:35am Fri 7 Dec 12

DuffmanWFC says...

We should fear no one in this league as we've beaten Palace and Leicester already and we deserved better against Cardiff and Boro!
The players we have are top notch and the squad size and quality is what can see us through as you always get injuries/illnesses and suspensions!
Hull could be are biggest test so far this season as they are in good form but with the side we can field I believe we can grab all 3 points!
Hopefully we can keep banging in the goals and start filling the Vic on a regular basis!
I hate to predict a score so any win will do me! However I fancy a hard fought 2-0 to Zola's golden men!
We should fear no one in this league as we've beaten Palace and Leicester already and we deserved better against Cardiff and Boro! The players we have are top notch and the squad size and quality is what can see us through as you always get injuries/illnesses and suspensions! Hull could be are biggest test so far this season as they are in good form but with the side we can field I believe we can grab all 3 points! Hopefully we can keep banging in the goals and start filling the Vic on a regular basis! I hate to predict a score so any win will do me! However I fancy a hard fought 2-0 to Zola's golden men! DuffmanWFC

10:43am Fri 7 Dec 12

londomollari says...

Perhaps those on here who were whinging about the signing of Almunia pre-season have now realised that Watford signed a keeper of premiership quality. I pointed out at the time that he had been unfairly criticised by the press and,in particular, television whilst at Arsenal.
Perhaps those on here who were whinging about the signing of Almunia pre-season have now realised that Watford signed a keeper of premiership quality. I pointed out at the time that he had been unfairly criticised by the press and,in particular, television whilst at Arsenal. londomollari

10:53am Fri 7 Dec 12

Travelling Hornet says...

We've all got to do our bit, last week I brought someone along to the match for the first time although he lives a long way from Watford he will definitely be coming again this season.
Saw another friend for the first time in ages last week.
now this guy loves his football but doesnt follow any one club but has been to Watford a few times last season ( hasn't been back since, hated the style of play!!) i told him quite enthusiasticly about what's been accruing at the Vic THIS season

He didn't know anything about the Zola revolution , the style or play or the fab new players! Bear in mind this guy is a local builder, who spends all day listening to Talksport(talk ****) radio.
I'll leave you to make your own assumptions.

Anyway the upshot of it all is he is coming this week with his son!
We've all got to do our bit, last week I brought someone along to the match for the first time although he lives a long way from Watford he will definitely be coming again this season. Saw another friend for the first time in ages last week. now this guy loves his football but doesnt follow any one club but has been to Watford a few times last season ( hasn't been back since, hated the style of play!!) i told him quite enthusiasticly about what's been accruing at the Vic THIS season He didn't know anything about the Zola revolution , the style or play or the fab new players! Bear in mind this guy is a local builder, who spends all day listening to Talksport(talk ****) radio. I'll leave you to make your own assumptions. Anyway the upshot of it all is he is coming this week with his son! Travelling Hornet

10:54am Fri 7 Dec 12

AngelHornet says...

Defence will have to show their qualities and they certainly have it in them, but if we once again take our chances then it's a game we can win
Defence will have to show their qualities and they certainly have it in them, but if we once again take our chances then it's a game we can win AngelHornet

10:58am Fri 7 Dec 12

endean2 says...

just the 3 points will do me tomorrow,
the icing on the cake will be a gold
star preformance from all the players

I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly!
just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly! endean2

12:03pm Fri 7 Dec 12

AngelHornet says...

endean2 wrote:
just the 3 points will do me tomorrow,
the icing on the cake will be a gold
star preformance from all the players

I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly!
IMO probably the same starting X1 as last week, with Abdi on the bench.
[quote][p][bold]endean2[/bold] wrote: just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly![/p][/quote]IMO probably the same starting X1 as last week, with Abdi on the bench. AngelHornet

1:07pm Fri 7 Dec 12

francowatford says...

Letsalldothecongafor
brittassombalonga
wrote:
So only John and Nyron still out? I was sure that we were missing a few more. I know that Neuton and Anya are fit again but was pretty sure that Lloyd, Prince and Almen would not be fit for Hull? Score tomorrow anyone? I think its going to be tougher than Wednesday and the Barnacles but can see us nicking it by a goal or two. Thank God Aluko is not fit- he is a terror! Just (after a few complications) managed to buy tickets for the Forest game. Should be a good crowd with Kid-for-a-quid. I cannot wait! Wanted to add how impressed I am with Yeates, Deeney, Hogg and Hoban. The fact that they are starters with the vast influx of talent into the club, speaks volumes for their drive and character. The team spirit that Zola has created is incredible and the 'old-boys' have a large part to play in this. As for the newbies, incredible. The passion and commitment they show to a cause that is alien to them is outstanding. The way Vydra, Forestierri, Abdi and Pudil put 100% into everything takes my breath away. It really is an honour to have professionals like them at our club. The future is bright, the future is Watford. Lets see some stripes knocked off the tigers tomorrow! COYH!!!
you have given me festive turkey (goose) pimple with your amazing words that every fan also thinks
[quote][p][bold]Letsalldothecongafor brittassombalonga[/bold] wrote: So only John and Nyron still out? I was sure that we were missing a few more. I know that Neuton and Anya are fit again but was pretty sure that Lloyd, Prince and Almen would not be fit for Hull? Score tomorrow anyone? I think its going to be tougher than Wednesday and the Barnacles but can see us nicking it by a goal or two. Thank God Aluko is not fit- he is a terror! Just (after a few complications) managed to buy tickets for the Forest game. Should be a good crowd with Kid-for-a-quid. I cannot wait! Wanted to add how impressed I am with Yeates, Deeney, Hogg and Hoban. The fact that they are starters with the vast influx of talent into the club, speaks volumes for their drive and character. The team spirit that Zola has created is incredible and the 'old-boys' have a large part to play in this. As for the newbies, incredible. The passion and commitment they show to a cause that is alien to them is outstanding. The way Vydra, Forestierri, Abdi and Pudil put 100% into everything takes my breath away. It really is an honour to have professionals like them at our club. The future is bright, the future is Watford. Lets see some stripes knocked off the tigers tomorrow! COYH!!![/p][/quote]you have given me festive turkey (goose) pimple with your amazing words that every fan also thinks francowatford

1:09pm Fri 7 Dec 12

francowatford says...

DuffmanWFC wrote:
We should fear no one in this league as we've beaten Palace and Leicester already and we deserved better against Cardiff and Boro! The players we have are top notch and the squad size and quality is what can see us through as you always get injuries/illnesses and suspensions! Hull could be are biggest test so far this season as they are in good form but with the side we can field I believe we can grab all 3 points! Hopefully we can keep banging in the goals and start filling the Vic on a regular basis! I hate to predict a score so any win will do me! However I fancy a hard fought 2-0 to Zola's golden men!
with not had a tought game for a while, i think 1-0 either way
[quote][p][bold]DuffmanWFC[/bold] wrote: We should fear no one in this league as we've beaten Palace and Leicester already and we deserved better against Cardiff and Boro! The players we have are top notch and the squad size and quality is what can see us through as you always get injuries/illnesses and suspensions! Hull could be are biggest test so far this season as they are in good form but with the side we can field I believe we can grab all 3 points! Hopefully we can keep banging in the goals and start filling the Vic on a regular basis! I hate to predict a score so any win will do me! However I fancy a hard fought 2-0 to Zola's golden men![/p][/quote]with not had a tought game for a while, i think 1-0 either way francowatford

1:19pm Fri 7 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

endean2 wrote:
just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly!
Thanks for reminder

Almunia
Hall
Ekstrand
Hoban
Hogg
Yeates
Chalobah
Pudil
Mbia
Vydra
Deeney

Subs

Bonhom
Forestieri
Cassetti
Murray
Neuton
Geijo
Buaben
[quote][p][bold]endean2[/bold] wrote: just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly![/p][/quote]Thanks for reminder Almunia Hall Ekstrand Hoban Hogg Yeates Chalobah Pudil Mbia Vydra Deeney Subs Bonhom Forestieri Cassetti Murray Neuton Geijo Buaben Holly68

1:21pm Fri 7 Dec 12

lutondown says...

No Abdi? Wtf?!
No Abdi? Wtf?! lutondown

1:23pm Fri 7 Dec 12

lutondown says...

francowatford wrote:
DuffmanWFC wrote:
We should fear no one in this league as we've beaten Palace and Leicester already and we deserved better against Cardiff and Boro! The players we have are top notch and the squad size and quality is what can see us through as you always get injuries/illnesses and suspensions! Hull could be are biggest test so far this season as they are in good form but with the side we can field I believe we can grab all 3 points! Hopefully we can keep banging in the goals and start filling the Vic on a regular basis! I hate to predict a score so any win will do me! However I fancy a hard fought 2-0 to Zola's golden men!
with not had a tought game for a while, i think 1-0 either way
Blackpool was very tough!
[quote][p][bold]francowatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DuffmanWFC[/bold] wrote: We should fear no one in this league as we've beaten Palace and Leicester already and we deserved better against Cardiff and Boro! The players we have are top notch and the squad size and quality is what can see us through as you always get injuries/illnesses and suspensions! Hull could be are biggest test so far this season as they are in good form but with the side we can field I believe we can grab all 3 points! Hopefully we can keep banging in the goals and start filling the Vic on a regular basis! I hate to predict a score so any win will do me! However I fancy a hard fought 2-0 to Zola's golden men![/p][/quote]with not had a tought game for a while, i think 1-0 either way[/p][/quote]Blackpool was very tough! lutondown

1:26pm Fri 7 Dec 12

lutondown says...

Travelling Hornet wrote:
We've all got to do our bit, last week I brought someone along to the match for the first time although he lives a long way from Watford he will definitely be coming again this season.
Saw another friend for the first time in ages last week.
now this guy loves his football but doesnt follow any one club but has been to Watford a few times last season ( hasn't been back since, hated the style of play!!) i told him quite enthusiasticly about what's been accruing at the Vic THIS season

He didn't know anything about the Zola revolution , the style or play or the fab new players! Bear in mind this guy is a local builder, who spends all day listening to Talksport(talk ****) radio.
I'll leave you to make your own assumptions.

Anyway the upshot of it all is he is coming this week with his son!
Last week I bought a ticket fr Rookery, minutes later I was invited by someone to use a ST in upper Rous. I tried like mad to give my ticket away. It's still on my dressing table unused.
This was a free ticket to watch a very good in form team...? Our old reputation precedes us I'm afraid
[quote][p][bold]Travelling Hornet[/bold] wrote: We've all got to do our bit, last week I brought someone along to the match for the first time although he lives a long way from Watford he will definitely be coming again this season. Saw another friend for the first time in ages last week. now this guy loves his football but doesnt follow any one club but has been to Watford a few times last season ( hasn't been back since, hated the style of play!!) i told him quite enthusiasticly about what's been accruing at the Vic THIS season He didn't know anything about the Zola revolution , the style or play or the fab new players! Bear in mind this guy is a local builder, who spends all day listening to Talksport(talk ****) radio. I'll leave you to make your own assumptions. Anyway the upshot of it all is he is coming this week with his son![/p][/quote]Last week I bought a ticket fr Rookery, minutes later I was invited by someone to use a ST in upper Rous. I tried like mad to give my ticket away. It's still on my dressing table unused. This was a free ticket to watch a very good in form team...? Our old reputation precedes us I'm afraid lutondown

2:39pm Fri 7 Dec 12

@ChrisBottom16 says...

Everything about the club is posative at the moment!

Owners who are experienced and proffesional football people, who have a ethos that works!

A forward thinking board who are not affraid to try new ideas to get the crowds up!

A manager who has good back up support in terms of his coaches! A manager who has the backing of the owners! A manager who is playing the best football i have ever seen at the Vic or on the road! And a manager who respects us as people and who is respected world wide!

Players who have come in, who judging by their performances are more than happy to be here and enjoying their football! And judging by their Twitter feeds are very much intergrated into the group! Not to mention the fact they are all absolute class!!

A very happy hornet! WE LOVE YOU POZZO'S
Everything about the club is posative at the moment! Owners who are experienced and proffesional football people, who have a ethos that works! A forward thinking board who are not affraid to try new ideas to get the crowds up! A manager who has good back up support in terms of his coaches! A manager who has the backing of the owners! A manager who is playing the best football i have ever seen at the Vic or on the road! And a manager who respects us as people and who is respected world wide! Players who have come in, who judging by their performances are more than happy to be here and enjoying their football! And judging by their Twitter feeds are very much intergrated into the group! Not to mention the fact they are all absolute class!! A very happy hornet! WE LOVE YOU POZZO'S @ChrisBottom16

2:58pm Fri 7 Dec 12

DuffmanWFC says...

Yep got to agree Chris things haven't looked this good for over 20 years!
Yep got to agree Chris things haven't looked this good for over 20 years! DuffmanWFC

3:01pm Fri 7 Dec 12

lutondown says...

@ChrisBottom16 wrote:
Everything about the club is posative at the moment!

Owners who are experienced and proffesional football people, who have a ethos that works!

A forward thinking board who are not affraid to try new ideas to get the crowds up!

A manager who has good back up support in terms of his coaches! A manager who has the backing of the owners! A manager who is playing the best football i have ever seen at the Vic or on the road! And a manager who respects us as people and who is respected world wide!

Players who have come in, who judging by their performances are more than happy to be here and enjoying their football! And judging by their Twitter feeds are very much intergrated into the group! Not to mention the fact they are all absolute class!!

A very happy hornet! WE LOVE YOU POZZO'S
Nice one buddy!
[quote][p][bold]@ChrisBottom16[/bold] wrote: Everything about the club is posative at the moment! Owners who are experienced and proffesional football people, who have a ethos that works! A forward thinking board who are not affraid to try new ideas to get the crowds up! A manager who has good back up support in terms of his coaches! A manager who has the backing of the owners! A manager who is playing the best football i have ever seen at the Vic or on the road! And a manager who respects us as people and who is respected world wide! Players who have come in, who judging by their performances are more than happy to be here and enjoying their football! And judging by their Twitter feeds are very much intergrated into the group! Not to mention the fact they are all absolute class!! A very happy hornet! WE LOVE YOU POZZO'S[/p][/quote]Nice one buddy! lutondown

3:29pm Fri 7 Dec 12

CARDIFFHORN says...

A tough fixture with Hulls mean defence and free flowing attack will be interesting, I'll take any win.
A tough fixture with Hulls mean defence and free flowing attack will be interesting, I'll take any win. CARDIFFHORN

4:22pm Fri 7 Dec 12

Baz loves porridge says...

I will be an interesting game by the fact they play a 3-5-2 or a 5-3-2 formation as well
I will be an interesting game by the fact they play a 3-5-2 or a 5-3-2 formation as well Baz loves porridge

4:52pm Fri 7 Dec 12

Bush Hornet says...

Long-johns on tomorrow
Long-johns on tomorrow Bush Hornet

5:02pm Fri 7 Dec 12

DuffmanWFC says...

Long johns and a fleece u grandad! Lol
Long johns and a fleece u grandad! Lol DuffmanWFC

5:09pm Fri 7 Dec 12

Bush Hornet says...

No fleece, no flask, just long-johns. Easy to spot me. Might have a streak round the pitch if we have a sh*t ref
No fleece, no flask, just long-johns. Easy to spot me. Might have a streak round the pitch if we have a sh*t ref Bush Hornet

5:27pm Fri 7 Dec 12

JoeWFC_12 says...

lutondown - Come join us in the upper rous fella. Upper rous for the view home games, noise and atmosphere for the away games.

The players on twitter seen very happy to be at the club and I particular enjoy Deeney's tweets on the questionable items of clothing in the watford lockeroom, that some of the players choose to wear...believe a pair of hug boots got cut up this week & Foresttieri's love for Mickey Mouse!

Feeling positive about the game tomorrow and I feel the horns will win 2-1.

Really hoping Bia gets a run out tomorrow...the choice of quality is endless. If anything, the players have risen to the challenge of the influx of players we have...Yeates, Doyley are good examples to this argument.

Enjoy & keep the faith everyone! COYH
lutondown - Come join us in the upper rous fella. Upper rous for the view home games, noise and atmosphere for the away games. The players on twitter seen very happy to be at the club and I particular enjoy Deeney's tweets on the questionable items of clothing in the watford lockeroom, that some of the players choose to wear...believe a pair of hug boots got cut up this week & Foresttieri's love for Mickey Mouse! Feeling positive about the game tomorrow and I feel the horns will win 2-1. Really hoping Bia gets a run out tomorrow...the choice of quality is endless. If anything, the players have risen to the challenge of the influx of players we have...Yeates, Doyley are good examples to this argument. Enjoy & keep the faith everyone! COYH JoeWFC_12

5:54pm Fri 7 Dec 12

lutondown says...

JoeWFC_12 wrote:
lutondown - Come join us in the upper rous fella. Upper rous for the view home games, noise and atmosphere for the away games.

The players on twitter seen very happy to be at the club and I particular enjoy Deeney's tweets on the questionable items of clothing in the watford lockeroom, that some of the players choose to wear...believe a pair of hug boots got cut up this week & Foresttieri's love for Mickey Mouse!

Feeling positive about the game tomorrow and I feel the horns will win 2-1.

Really hoping Bia gets a run out tomorrow...the choice of quality is endless. If anything, the players have risen to the challenge of the influx of players we have...Yeates, Doyley are good examples to this argument.

Enjoy & keep the faith everyone! COYH
Went up them heady heights last week with Buck, great view.
I'm getting the half season ticket ( my babies treating me for Xmas!) so I might abuse their generosity and go high in the sky!
In regards to Yeates, I've not really fancied him but he's been outstanding the last three, and more than happy to be wrong.
We are all in lion One onwards. All welcome. The atmosphere is ramping up!
[quote][p][bold]JoeWFC_12[/bold] wrote: lutondown - Come join us in the upper rous fella. Upper rous for the view home games, noise and atmosphere for the away games. The players on twitter seen very happy to be at the club and I particular enjoy Deeney's tweets on the questionable items of clothing in the watford lockeroom, that some of the players choose to wear...believe a pair of hug boots got cut up this week & Foresttieri's love for Mickey Mouse! Feeling positive about the game tomorrow and I feel the horns will win 2-1. Really hoping Bia gets a run out tomorrow...the choice of quality is endless. If anything, the players have risen to the challenge of the influx of players we have...Yeates, Doyley are good examples to this argument. Enjoy & keep the faith everyone! COYH[/p][/quote]Went up them heady heights last week with Buck, great view. I'm getting the half season ticket ( my babies treating me for Xmas!) so I might abuse their generosity and go high in the sky! In regards to Yeates, I've not really fancied him but he's been outstanding the last three, and more than happy to be wrong. We are all in lion One onwards. All welcome. The atmosphere is ramping up! lutondown

7:13pm Fri 7 Dec 12

Watfordwes says...

Holly68 wrote:
endean2 wrote:
just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly!
Thanks for reminder

Almunia
Hall
Ekstrand
Hoban
Hogg
Yeates
Chalobah
Pudil
Mbia
Vydra
Deeney

Subs

Bonhom
Forestieri
Cassetti
Murray
Neuton
Geijo
Buaben
Please stop picking teams with no right wing back in it.

Zola will pick the best players to suit 3 5 2 as he has successfully done all season!

Mbia Murray and whoever else you have suggested over the season will not fit that roll!
[quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]endean2[/bold] wrote: just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly![/p][/quote]Thanks for reminder Almunia Hall Ekstrand Hoban Hogg Yeates Chalobah Pudil Mbia Vydra Deeney Subs Bonhom Forestieri Cassetti Murray Neuton Geijo Buaben[/p][/quote]Please stop picking teams with no right wing back in it. Zola will pick the best players to suit 3 5 2 as he has successfully done all season! Mbia Murray and whoever else you have suggested over the season will not fit that roll! Watfordwes

7:24pm Fri 7 Dec 12

@ChrisBottom16 says...

Watfordwes wrote:
Holly68 wrote:
endean2 wrote:
just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly!
Thanks for reminder

Almunia
Hall
Ekstrand
Hoban
Hogg
Yeates
Chalobah
Pudil
Mbia
Vydra
Deeney

Subs

Bonhom
Forestieri
Cassetti
Murray
Neuton
Geijo
Buaben
Please stop picking teams with no right wing back in it.

Zola will pick the best players to suit 3 5 2 as he has successfully done all season!

Mbia Murray and whoever else you have suggested over the season will not fit that roll!
Mujangi Bia could play that right wing back role. Pace. Power. Energy. Trickery. Eye for goal. Good Dribbler. If the opposition winger is tracking him back all game he wont need to do much deffensive work.

Plus he played well in that position against Gillingham by all accounts.

Plus if we dont try we dont know.
[quote][p][bold]Watfordwes[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]endean2[/bold] wrote: just the 3 points will do me tomorrow, the icing on the cake will be a gold star preformance from all the players I will not even try to pick the starting 11,will leave that to Holly![/p][/quote]Thanks for reminder Almunia Hall Ekstrand Hoban Hogg Yeates Chalobah Pudil Mbia Vydra Deeney Subs Bonhom Forestieri Cassetti Murray Neuton Geijo Buaben[/p][/quote]Please stop picking teams with no right wing back in it. Zola will pick the best players to suit 3 5 2 as he has successfully done all season! Mbia Murray and whoever else you have suggested over the season will not fit that roll![/p][/quote]Mujangi Bia could play that right wing back role. Pace. Power. Energy. Trickery. Eye for goal. Good Dribbler. If the opposition winger is tracking him back all game he wont need to do much deffensive work. Plus he played well in that position against Gillingham by all accounts. Plus if we dont try we dont know. @ChrisBottom16

7:36pm Fri 7 Dec 12

dimples says...

AMP4WATFORD4EVER wrote:
The future´s already here..... but bigger things are yet to come. Looking forward to it with great eager. God, It´s good to be a Hornet.......
yes, i agree all is looking good....
[quote][p][bold]AMP4WATFORD4EVER[/bold] wrote: The future´s already here..... but bigger things are yet to come. Looking forward to it with great eager. God, It´s good to be a Hornet.......[/p][/quote]yes, i agree all is looking good.... dimples

8:31pm Fri 7 Dec 12

SAHornet says...

Chris Bottom, welcome back to the forum fella. Missed your contributions over the past few weeks. Hope you ok? Give us a BIG man-hug. Sorry bucko, couldn't resist. Feeling decidedly mellow/yellow tonight.
Chris Bottom, welcome back to the forum fella. Missed your contributions over the past few weeks. Hope you ok? Give us a BIG man-hug. Sorry bucko, couldn't resist. Feeling decidedly mellow/yellow tonight. SAHornet

9:01pm Fri 7 Dec 12

@ChrisBottom16 says...

SAHornet wrote:
Chris Bottom, welcome back to the forum fella. Missed your contributions over the past few weeks. Hope you ok? Give us a BIG man-hug. Sorry bucko, couldn't resist. Feeling decidedly mellow/yellow tonight.
Hi my friend! Iv had gastric flu and due to previous health problems its taken me some time to get back on my feet! Although since i couldnt get to a game we have gone un beaten so not all bad!

1st game back tomo so blame me if we lose!

I hope you have been well and cuddles straight back at you loooool!
[quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: Chris Bottom, welcome back to the forum fella. Missed your contributions over the past few weeks. Hope you ok? Give us a BIG man-hug. Sorry bucko, couldn't resist. Feeling decidedly mellow/yellow tonight.[/p][/quote]Hi my friend! Iv had gastric flu and due to previous health problems its taken me some time to get back on my feet! Although since i couldnt get to a game we have gone un beaten so not all bad! 1st game back tomo so blame me if we lose! I hope you have been well and cuddles straight back at you loooool! @ChrisBottom16

9:03pm Fri 7 Dec 12

lutondown says...

@ChrisBottom16 wrote:
SAHornet wrote:
Chris Bottom, welcome back to the forum fella. Missed your contributions over the past few weeks. Hope you ok? Give us a BIG man-hug. Sorry bucko, couldn't resist. Feeling decidedly mellow/yellow tonight.
Hi my friend! Iv had gastric flu and due to previous health problems its taken me some time to get back on my feet! Although since i couldnt get to a game we have gone un beaten so not all bad!

1st game back tomo so blame me if we lose!

I hope you have been well and cuddles straight back at you loooool!
I'm with Buck here. Chris don't turn up tomorrow in Crocs and a man bag!
SAH you're going to have a sore head tomorrow. Lightweight!
[quote][p][bold]@ChrisBottom16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: Chris Bottom, welcome back to the forum fella. Missed your contributions over the past few weeks. Hope you ok? Give us a BIG man-hug. Sorry bucko, couldn't resist. Feeling decidedly mellow/yellow tonight.[/p][/quote]Hi my friend! Iv had gastric flu and due to previous health problems its taken me some time to get back on my feet! Although since i couldnt get to a game we have gone un beaten so not all bad! 1st game back tomo so blame me if we lose! I hope you have been well and cuddles straight back at you loooool![/p][/quote]I'm with Buck here. Chris don't turn up tomorrow in Crocs and a man bag! SAH you're going to have a sore head tomorrow. Lightweight! lutondown

9:52pm Fri 7 Dec 12

Stoney77 says...

Just bought my ticket for tomorrow. 3rd game of season for me, can't wait.... Mind you last time I saw us against Hull we got spanked in the play off semi! COYH!
Just bought my ticket for tomorrow. 3rd game of season for me, can't wait.... Mind you last time I saw us against Hull we got spanked in the play off semi! COYH! Stoney77

10:25pm Fri 7 Dec 12

stewbyhorn says...

It's surreal that King Zola said there's more to come and we're not at our best yet! What a season so far! So glad to be a Watford fan, year 32 of going to the Vic and I wouldn't miss itfor the world.
COYH!!!!!!
It's surreal that King Zola said there's more to come and we're not at our best yet! What a season so far! So glad to be a Watford fan, year 32 of going to the Vic and I wouldn't miss itfor the world. COYH!!!!!! stewbyhorn

12:44am Sat 8 Dec 12

hollywood101 says...

One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ?
One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ? hollywood101

7:20am Sat 8 Dec 12

@ChrisBottom16 says...

hollywood101 wrote:
One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ?
I imagine January is more aboout getting a few out rather than a few in. We got the 15 year old australian wonder kid already joined up. An atacking playmaker/striker. He will be class! And pinched from AC Milan's acadamy in australia so well done Pozzo's!

However if we are going all out and getting one major player in i'd snap your hand off for Udinese's Roberto Pereyra!
[quote][p][bold]hollywood101[/bold] wrote: One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ?[/p][/quote]I imagine January is more aboout getting a few out rather than a few in. We got the 15 year old australian wonder kid already joined up. An atacking playmaker/striker. He will be class! And pinched from AC Milan's acadamy in australia so well done Pozzo's! However if we are going all out and getting one major player in i'd snap your hand off for Udinese's Roberto Pereyra! @ChrisBottom16

8:34am Sat 8 Dec 12

Travelling Hornet says...

@ChrisBottom16 wrote:
hollywood101 wrote:
One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ?
I imagine January is more aboout getting a few out rather than a few in. We got the 15 year old australian wonder kid already joined up. An atacking playmaker/striker. He will be class! And pinched from AC Milan's acadamy in australia so well done Pozzo's!

However if we are going all out and getting one major player in i'd snap your hand off for Udinese's Roberto Pereyra!
If we signed Beckham ( right wing back) would he be an asset to the team?

He would certainly bring a media circus with him and up our profile unlimitedly, we might even get a mention on Talksh••e radio!
He would guarantee packed grounds where ever we play, so would this work for us or against us on the pitch?

I was just pondering this after listening to his TV interviews, that he still wants to win things but 'done' the premiership with the best club and couldn't top that achievement.
Also stated that he wants to be based in England, for family reasons.
His house is twenty mins away from our training ground!
Plus he is friends with Elton John , who no doubt is telling him all about our revolution ...................

As Ollie used to say ' it's just a thought'.
[quote][p][bold]@ChrisBottom16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hollywood101[/bold] wrote: One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ?[/p][/quote]I imagine January is more aboout getting a few out rather than a few in. We got the 15 year old australian wonder kid already joined up. An atacking playmaker/striker. He will be class! And pinched from AC Milan's acadamy in australia so well done Pozzo's! However if we are going all out and getting one major player in i'd snap your hand off for Udinese's Roberto Pereyra![/p][/quote]If we signed Beckham ( right wing back) would he be an asset to the team? He would certainly bring a media circus with him and up our profile unlimitedly, we might even get a mention on Talksh••e radio! He would guarantee packed grounds where ever we play, so would this work for us or against us on the pitch? I was just pondering this after listening to his TV interviews, that he still wants to win things but 'done' the premiership with the best club and couldn't top that achievement. Also stated that he wants to be based in England, for family reasons. His house is twenty mins away from our training ground! Plus he is friends with Elton John , who no doubt is telling him all about our revolution ................... As Ollie used to say ' it's just a thought'. Travelling Hornet

8:38am Sat 8 Dec 12

mk6 hornet says...

I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground.This is a tough league the 4th or 5th best in europe i think we will draw to day 1-1 hopefully we hammer them but there a good side.Having said that theres no reason why we cant get automatic promotion.
I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground.This is a tough league the 4th or 5th best in europe i think we will draw to day 1-1 hopefully we hammer them but there a good side.Having said that theres no reason why we cant get automatic promotion. mk6 hornet

9:25am Sat 8 Dec 12

north carolina horn says...

Avid reader of all the posts, so heres one from a part time poster who has followed the 'Orns for over 50 years and been to a few games this season too.
I'm really impressed with the change in the players ability to be confident on the ball,I'm used to seeing lots of aimless balls hit down the channels or over the top, simply because they want to rid of the ball quickly or have little options open to them.really impressed with theut boy what a dr movement off the ball and obviuosly the trickery of the little fella up front, not seen that at the Vic since Stewert Scullion days.we look strong at the back now and our midfield are learning quickly to retain possession better, not the finished artical as we all know, but boy what a difference on seasons past.loving it at present and a great time to be an 'Orns supporter.COYH
Avid reader of all the posts, so heres one from a part time poster who has followed the 'Orns for over 50 years and been to a few games this season too. I'm really impressed with the change in the players ability to be confident on the ball,I'm used to seeing lots of aimless balls hit down the channels or over the top, simply because they want to rid of the ball quickly or have little options open to them.really impressed with theut boy what a dr movement off the ball and obviuosly the trickery of the little fella up front, not seen that at the Vic since Stewert Scullion days.we look strong at the back now and our midfield are learning quickly to retain possession better, not the finished artical as we all know, but boy what a difference on seasons past.loving it at present and a great time to be an 'Orns supporter.COYH north carolina horn

9:28am Sat 8 Dec 12

Bush Hornet says...

Travelling Hornet wrote:
@ChrisBottom16 wrote:
hollywood101 wrote:
One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ?
I imagine January is more aboout getting a few out rather than a few in. We got the 15 year old australian wonder kid already joined up. An atacking playmaker/striker. He will be class! And pinched from AC Milan's acadamy in australia so well done Pozzo's!

However if we are going all out and getting one major player in i'd snap your hand off for Udinese's Roberto Pereyra!
If we signed Beckham ( right wing back) would he be an asset to the team?

He would certainly bring a media circus with him and up our profile unlimitedly, we might even get a mention on Talksh••e radio!
He would guarantee packed grounds where ever we play, so would this work for us or against us on the pitch?

I was just pondering this after listening to his TV interviews, that he still wants to win things but 'done' the premiership with the best club and couldn't top that achievement.
Also stated that he wants to be based in England, for family reasons.
His house is twenty mins away from our training ground!
Plus he is friends with Elton John , who no doubt is telling him all about our revolution ...................

As Ollie used to say ' it's just a thought'.
Even though Beckham's at the end of his career, attention-seeking clubs will want to attract him for the marketing. It's a bit cynical and sad and though I see where you're coming from I hope it doesn't happen. I think the Pozzos are more forward thinking than that and from what we've seen they get in players for their footballing ability and nothing else. They don't tend to court the media either. They want a settled squad who'll get us into the Prem without the distraction of a megastar in the dressing room. Of course I could be wrong. If I had to put a bet on my money would be on Harry's QPR for him.
[quote][p][bold]Travelling Hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]@ChrisBottom16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hollywood101[/bold] wrote: One wonders what Zola would do in the Jan transfer window if we keep up the form we are in. Will he stick to what we've got or goes balls out and get 1-2 very exciting players to drive us to promotion ?[/p][/quote]I imagine January is more aboout getting a few out rather than a few in. We got the 15 year old australian wonder kid already joined up. An atacking playmaker/striker. He will be class! And pinched from AC Milan's acadamy in australia so well done Pozzo's! However if we are going all out and getting one major player in i'd snap your hand off for Udinese's Roberto Pereyra![/p][/quote]If we signed Beckham ( right wing back) would he be an asset to the team? He would certainly bring a media circus with him and up our profile unlimitedly, we might even get a mention on Talksh••e radio! He would guarantee packed grounds where ever we play, so would this work for us or against us on the pitch? I was just pondering this after listening to his TV interviews, that he still wants to win things but 'done' the premiership with the best club and couldn't top that achievement. Also stated that he wants to be based in England, for family reasons. His house is twenty mins away from our training ground! Plus he is friends with Elton John , who no doubt is telling him all about our revolution ................... As Ollie used to say ' it's just a thought'.[/p][/quote]Even though Beckham's at the end of his career, attention-seeking clubs will want to attract him for the marketing. It's a bit cynical and sad and though I see where you're coming from I hope it doesn't happen. I think the Pozzos are more forward thinking than that and from what we've seen they get in players for their footballing ability and nothing else. They don't tend to court the media either. They want a settled squad who'll get us into the Prem without the distraction of a megastar in the dressing room. Of course I could be wrong. If I had to put a bet on my money would be on Harry's QPR for him. Bush Hornet

9:43am Sat 8 Dec 12

mk6 hornet says...

Is beckham better than anything we have at the moment? i do not think so the guy is and always has been a one trick pony he can pass yes.Can he dribble,head tackle not really would have john eustace over beckham nyday.Commercially though would be a master stroke
Is beckham better than anything we have at the moment? i do not think so the guy is and always has been a one trick pony he can pass yes.Can he dribble,head tackle not really would have john eustace over beckham nyday.Commercially though would be a master stroke mk6 hornet

10:31am Sat 8 Dec 12

lutondown says...

mk6 hornet wrote:
Is beckham better than anything we have at the moment? i do not think so the guy is and always has been a one trick pony he can pass yes.Can he dribble,head tackle not really would have john eustace over beckham nyday.Commercially though would be a master stroke
Positives? He would fill the Vic! But no we don't need him, not sure I'd rather have Eustace, but I think brighter things may bolster come January. If promo is on I would expect Zola to have half an eye on players that could do a job in the prem.
[quote][p][bold]mk6 hornet[/bold] wrote: Is beckham better than anything we have at the moment? i do not think so the guy is and always has been a one trick pony he can pass yes.Can he dribble,head tackle not really would have john eustace over beckham nyday.Commercially though would be a master stroke[/p][/quote]Positives? He would fill the Vic! But no we don't need him, not sure I'd rather have Eustace, but I think brighter things may bolster come January. If promo is on I would expect Zola to have half an eye on players that could do a job in the prem. lutondown

10:44am Sat 8 Dec 12

Bush Hornet says...

lutondown wrote:
mk6 hornet wrote:
Is beckham better than anything we have at the moment? i do not think so the guy is and always has been a one trick pony he can pass yes.Can he dribble,head tackle not really would have john eustace over beckham nyday.Commercially though would be a master stroke
Positives? He would fill the Vic! But no we don't need him, not sure I'd rather have Eustace, but I think brighter things may bolster come January. If promo is on I would expect Zola to have half an eye on players that could do a job in the prem.
Lutondown you have yet to see the player Eustace might become under Zola. If the Yeates transformation is anything to go by we'll be calling him Johnny Gerrard by the end of the season
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mk6 hornet[/bold] wrote: Is beckham better than anything we have at the moment? i do not think so the guy is and always has been a one trick pony he can pass yes.Can he dribble,head tackle not really would have john eustace over beckham nyday.Commercially though would be a master stroke[/p][/quote]Positives? He would fill the Vic! But no we don't need him, not sure I'd rather have Eustace, but I think brighter things may bolster come January. If promo is on I would expect Zola to have half an eye on players that could do a job in the prem.[/p][/quote]Lutondown you have yet to see the player Eustace might become under Zola. If the Yeates transformation is anything to go by we'll be calling him Johnny Gerrard by the end of the season Bush Hornet

11:27am Sat 8 Dec 12

londomollari says...

As said, just a thought---or two. Obviously,several loans to go back in January, a number released or transfered, some younger players out on loan. I expect a keeper in, Bond out on half season loan for experience. One or two suprises out---the club may feel that they could capitalise on John Eustace---a fee before he reaches his 'sell-by date'. Maybe one or two in to give a promotion push a boost---but I wouldn't be too suprised to see no new.faces, apart from a 'bench-warming' keeper
As said, just a thought---or two. Obviously,several loans to go back in January, a number released or transfered, some younger players out on loan. I expect a keeper in, Bond out on half season loan for experience. One or two suprises out---the club may feel that they could capitalise on John Eustace---a fee before he reaches his 'sell-by date'. Maybe one or two in to give a promotion push a boost---but I wouldn't be too suprised to see no new.faces, apart from a 'bench-warming' keeper londomollari

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree