Herts Sunday Senior Cup Round Four

Headstone Athletic went out of the Senior County Cup by the odd goal in nine following a 5-4 thriller against St Albans-based London Road.

It was Headstone who went ahead first, with Jody MacDonald turning the ball home from close range after ten minutes. But straight from the kick off their opponents drew level before Marc Gibbs put them back ahead.

Road then took control of the game by scoring three times in a devastating spell but on the stroke of half-time Anthony Ball netted from the penalty spot to leave Athletic only one behind at the halfway point.

That single goal deficit was duly eliminated after the restart when Harry Healey fired home a deflected free-kick, only for the tie to then swing from end to end.

Headstone hit the post and saw the keeper make several good saves before, for the second season running, they suffered late heartbreak in the competition when Road scored from a free-kick deep into injury time to end Athletic's hopes of reaching the last eight.

Premier Division

Colne Valley made it two wins on the bounce with a 3-1 victory over bottom-placed Kings Langley.

Valley had the game won by the break thanks to two goals from Tom Dyson, either side of a Richard Williams header.

The other Premier Division game of the day between Woodside and Reed Rangers was abandoned after 40 minutes by the referee with the score 1-1.

President’s Cup Group A

With Tudor Arms already assured of a place in the semi-finals and Cassiobury Rangers unable to progress any further, neither side had anything to play for but they still served up an entertaining 4-4 draw.

Luke Smith put Tudor ahead early on before Cassiobury equalised thanks to a goal from Simon Eastaugh.

Tudor then netted three times through Luke Pochetty, Ben Collins and James Roope, but Jake Mortimer's free-kick in first-half injury-time changed the game.

Cassiobury went on to dominate after the break, with Frankie Henley pulling it back to 4-3 before Chris Parrott headed home a deserved equaliser with a few minutes to spare.

Herts Sunday Junior Cup Round Four

Brookside’s run in this season’s competition ended with a 17-2 hammering at the hands of O’Neill’s Celtic.

In a match were everything seemed to go against Brookside, the only bright spot was two more goals for top scorer Johnny Armitt.

Chairman’s Cup Group A

Headstone Lions drew level at the top of the group with opponents Inter after a 3-1 victory.

Sam Clark gave Lions the lead before Nathan Khider equalised from the penalty spot.

Headstone wrapped up the points after the break through substitute Joe Manfredini and a late second of the game for Sam Clark.

Chairman’s Cup Group B

Amici enjoyed a 6-0 win over ten-man FC Aps.

Although it took the eventual victors more than half-an-hour to break through thanks to veteran striker Les Joyce, another five goals were to follow through a brace apiece from Josh Noyes and Mitch Weiss and Aziz Yousoof's single.

Pavilion Rangers and in-form Aquis drew 2-2, leaving Rangers unbeaten in the group but still require a point from their final two games to book a place in the semi-finals.

Aquis led twice thanks to goals from Mike Pearson and Murray Duff, while the two Rangers efforts came from Joe Perrin and a last-minute Luke Foot equaliser.

Division Two

Mid-table Ebury Olympians shocked league leaders Oxhey Park with a 5-2 win.

Jason Quilley and James Graham both scored twice in each half, with the fifth goal coming from Michael Gillman 16 minutes from time to seal the win.

Jay Machugh netted both of Oxhey's goals with headers in each half.

Bovingdon also beat Cassiobury Revolution by the same scoreline.

Matthew McMahon scored a hat-trick, supported by a brace from Harry Woods. The Revolution men on target were Callum Hearn and Darren O’Brien.

Colne Valley Reserves had a 2-0 victory over Bushey Olympians.

The goals came in the final five minutes of each half thanks to an own goal and a free-kick from Reza Hotee.

Ken Simmons Memorial Cup Group A

Evergreen Olympians defeated Roundbush 9-0, meaning that they have scored nine goals in each of their four games in the group.

Dan Burke struck a hat-trick, Martin Tebbs netted a brace and Neil Yull, Ryan Haley, Jordan Jones and Fredarico were all on target once.