Russo brothers' company Valley Grown Salads freeze the assets of former Watford FC owner Laurence Bassini

Watford Observer: Jimmy Russo (pictured) and Vince Russo's company Valley Grown Salads applied for the assets of Laurence Bassini to be frozen. Jimmy Russo (pictured) and Vince Russo's company Valley Grown Salads applied for the assets of Laurence Bassini to be frozen.

Former Watford FC board members Jimmy and Vince Russo have secured a freezing injunction against Laurence Bassini to stop the ex- Hornets owner disposing of his assets.

The Russo brothers' company, Valley Grown Salads, applied for the interim court order as they are claiming Stanmore businessman Bassini has not repaid loans worth more than £4m.

The freezing order was put in place on Friday, December 14 at the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court of Justice.

There will be another hearing in the New Year but a date had not been set when the Watford Observer went to press yesterday (Thursday) evening.

Jimmy Russo, once chairman of the club with his brother Vince vice-chairman, said there was “an ongoing issue” with Bassini but refused to discuss any details.

Watford’s former owner Bassini, who left the club in June this year, was unavailable for comment.

The Russos, whose Valley Grown Salads business is based in Roydon, Essex, first joined Watford’s board in January 2004 after the brothers invested in excess of £2m into the club.

They played a big part in the football club buying back Vicarage Road in 2004 and were on the board during the promotion-winning season of 2005/06.

The brothers were then controversially removed from the board in 2007 but retained their 29 per cent stake in the club.

The Russos returned after former chairman Graham Simpson and ex-chief executive Mark Ashton resigned in December 2008 and subsequently became chairman and vice-chairman.

The pair then resigned in December 2009 at the parent company’s annual meeting after finding out they were set to be voted off by major shareholder, Lord Michael Ashcroft, and Simpson.

Valley Grown Salads demanded immediate repayment of their £4.88m loan, which led to a fall out with club legend Graham Taylor and the risk of administration.

The Russos ended their formal relationship with Watford when they sold their 29.96 per cent stake in the club to Bassini’s Watford FC Limited.

Bassini owned the Hornets for 14 months but left on June 29 when the Pozzo family, who also own Italian side Udinese and Spanish club Granada, took over.

Comments (61)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:15am Fri 21 Dec 12

jimbowfc says...

Sounds like Baz might not have paid for the shares he bought off them?
Sounds like Baz might not have paid for the shares he bought off them? jimbowfc
  • Score: 0

8:22am Fri 21 Dec 12

Hampshire hornet says...

Sounds like Bas was their frontman (puppet)
Sounds like Bas was their frontman (puppet) Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 0

8:44am Fri 21 Dec 12

Reginald Dwight says...

Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!!

Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over.

I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.
Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!! Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over. I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again. Reginald Dwight
  • Score: 0

8:59am Fri 21 Dec 12

SAHornet says...

Reginald Dwight wrote:
Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!!

Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over.

I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.
Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps.
[quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!! Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over. I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.[/p][/quote]Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps. SAHornet
  • Score: 0

9:08am Fri 21 Dec 12

Reginald Dwight says...

SAHornet wrote:
Reginald Dwight wrote:
Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!!

Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over.

I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.
Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps.
Baz has screwed them over so for that I wish them success BUT their motives need questioning. Ashcroft would never have sold to them so they put their mate in as a puppet frontman and allowed him to rip the club apart.

As supporters of Baz and with their history of administration threats etc they are as unwelcome as him. We should be thanking our lucky stars that the Pozzo family have rescued us from all these chancers.
[quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!! Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over. I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.[/p][/quote]Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps.[/p][/quote]Baz has screwed them over so for that I wish them success BUT their motives need questioning. Ashcroft would never have sold to them so they put their mate in as a puppet frontman and allowed him to rip the club apart. As supporters of Baz and with their history of administration threats etc they are as unwelcome as him. We should be thanking our lucky stars that the Pozzo family have rescued us from all these chancers. Reginald Dwight
  • Score: 0

9:19am Fri 21 Dec 12

andyhooked says...

When all these murky goings-on are found out, and provided WFC and the present owners remain untouched by the scandals and the FL investigation, this would make a good tv mini-series. I was one at the beginning to give Baz the benefit of the doubt until facts started to emerge about his nature and behaviours. Now I wonder if other's reputations are now at stake because of their previous associations with Bassini.
When all these murky goings-on are found out, and provided WFC and the present owners remain untouched by the scandals and the FL investigation, this would make a good tv mini-series. I was one at the beginning to give Baz the benefit of the doubt until facts started to emerge about his nature and behaviours. Now I wonder if other's reputations are now at stake because of their previous associations with Bassini. andyhooked
  • Score: 0

9:26am Fri 21 Dec 12

@ChrisBottom16 says...

Jeremy. Kyle. That. Is. All.
Jeremy. Kyle. That. Is. All. @ChrisBottom16
  • Score: 0

9:36am Fri 21 Dec 12

DuncanWelbourne'sshinpad says...

What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any.

What do ya reckon ??
What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any. What do ya reckon ?? DuncanWelbourne'sshinpad
  • Score: 0

9:44am Fri 21 Dec 12

londomollari says...

I have always avoided complex financial dealings, so find these matters confusing.
To my ignorant mind I seem to read that the Russo's sold their shares to Baz (presumably their mate), after lending him the money to do so. If so, it seems that those conspiracy theorists on here who claimed Baz was the Russo's puppet may well have been correct.
Subsequently, Baz has clung onto the money made from the Pozzo takeover, and told the Russos where to put their salad..

If that is so, time for a good, hearty laugh at both parties. I hope that Baz has to run hard to avoid fertilizing the watercress.
I have always avoided complex financial dealings, so find these matters confusing. To my ignorant mind I seem to read that the Russo's sold their shares to Baz (presumably their mate), after lending him the money to do so. If so, it seems that those conspiracy theorists on here who claimed Baz was the Russo's puppet may well have been correct. Subsequently, Baz has clung onto the money made from the Pozzo takeover, and told the Russos where to put their salad.. If that is so, time for a good, hearty laugh at both parties. I hope that Baz has to run hard to avoid fertilizing the watercress. londomollari
  • Score: 0

9:46am Fri 21 Dec 12

Ronny oh Ronny Ronny says...

No honour amongst theives!
No honour amongst theives! Ronny oh Ronny Ronny
  • Score: 0

9:48am Fri 21 Dec 12

londomollari says...

The effect on the enquiry? Not a lot, although the club can push the point that Baz was the guilty party, and take the matter as further proof that he is an untrustworthy, incompetent knob
The effect on the enquiry? Not a lot, although the club can push the point that Baz was the guilty party, and take the matter as further proof that he is an untrustworthy, incompetent knob londomollari
  • Score: 0

9:56am Fri 21 Dec 12

londomollari says...

On further reflection, if the money was lent by the Russo's, would that have legal implications on the original deal? (football league rules?)
On further reflection, if the money was lent by the Russo's, would that have legal implications on the original deal? (football league rules?) londomollari
  • Score: 0

10:03am Fri 21 Dec 12

llloydwithathirdl says...

@ChrisBottom16 wrote:
Jeremy. Kyle. That. Is. All.
^ This.

Thank God we're on our way out of it now. The club has had a very lucky escape, thank God for our new owners.
[quote][p][bold]@ChrisBottom16[/bold] wrote: Jeremy. Kyle. That. Is. All.[/p][/quote]^ This. Thank God we're on our way out of it now. The club has had a very lucky escape, thank God for our new owners. llloydwithathirdl
  • Score: 0

10:38am Fri 21 Dec 12

N Joydegame says...

You are so right, Lloyd. A lucky escape indeed. The deceipt and loathing between Ashcroft/Gimpson and the Russos brought us the bankrupt Bassini, and he brought us to within a fag paper width to oblivion.

We should all recognise the part the directors, who stayed on after GT left, played in ridding us of the Bankrupt. It was they who managed to manouvre the sale to the Pozzos and finally oust Bassini.

With a bit of luck the Pozzos will get their rewards in the Premiership, whilst the rest get theirs in court.
You are so right, Lloyd. A lucky escape indeed. The deceipt and loathing between Ashcroft/Gimpson and the Russos brought us the bankrupt Bassini, and he brought us to within a fag paper width to oblivion. We should all recognise the part the directors, who stayed on after GT left, played in ridding us of the Bankrupt. It was they who managed to manouvre the sale to the Pozzos and finally oust Bassini. With a bit of luck the Pozzos will get their rewards in the Premiership, whilst the rest get theirs in court. N Joydegame
  • Score: 0

10:41am Fri 21 Dec 12

D.unstable says...

londomollari wrote:
I have always avoided complex financial dealings, so find these matters confusing.
To my ignorant mind I seem to read that the Russo's sold their shares to Baz (presumably their mate), after lending him the money to do so. If so, it seems that those conspiracy theorists on here who claimed Baz was the Russo's puppet may well have been correct.
Subsequently, Baz has clung onto the money made from the Pozzo takeover, and told the Russos where to put their salad..

If that is so, time for a good, hearty laugh at both parties. I hope that Baz has to run hard to avoid fertilizing the watercress.
I wouldn't say that was an ignorant summary, as good as any possibility without knowing all the facts, absolutely hilarious.

The Russo's have many acres in which to hide the body!!!
[quote][p][bold]londomollari[/bold] wrote: I have always avoided complex financial dealings, so find these matters confusing. To my ignorant mind I seem to read that the Russo's sold their shares to Baz (presumably their mate), after lending him the money to do so. If so, it seems that those conspiracy theorists on here who claimed Baz was the Russo's puppet may well have been correct. Subsequently, Baz has clung onto the money made from the Pozzo takeover, and told the Russos where to put their salad.. If that is so, time for a good, hearty laugh at both parties. I hope that Baz has to run hard to avoid fertilizing the watercress.[/p][/quote]I wouldn't say that was an ignorant summary, as good as any possibility without knowing all the facts, absolutely hilarious. The Russo's have many acres in which to hide the body!!! D.unstable
  • Score: 0

10:48am Fri 21 Dec 12

D.unstable says...

Oh thank you Mr Pozzo. May I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very successful 2013.

:0)
Oh thank you Mr Pozzo. May I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very successful 2013. :0) D.unstable
  • Score: 0

10:58am Fri 21 Dec 12

Only 2 Ross Jenkins says...

Maybe the Russo's hired Bassini to be the face of the club with the possible intention to put it into administration? They could then have bought the club for peanuts from the administrators. And then been the club's full owners which may have been their desire all along? However, this theory seems a little far fetched. I do hope the complete truth will come out soon (perhaps in Court???).
One thing is certain though and that is that Bassini LIED (shock), when he categorically denied that the Russo's were providing him with money.
Maybe the Russo's hired Bassini to be the face of the club with the possible intention to put it into administration? They could then have bought the club for peanuts from the administrators. And then been the club's full owners which may have been their desire all along? However, this theory seems a little far fetched. I do hope the complete truth will come out soon (perhaps in Court???). One thing is certain though and that is that Bassini LIED (shock), when he categorically denied that the Russo's were providing him with money. Only 2 Ross Jenkins
  • Score: 0

11:06am Fri 21 Dec 12

Engineer1 says...

Bazz has done a runner with someone else's money.

Next week in an exclusive story, the WO will reveal the Pope is catholic.
Bazz has done a runner with someone else's money. Next week in an exclusive story, the WO will reveal the Pope is catholic. Engineer1
  • Score: 0

11:09am Fri 21 Dec 12

Bush Hornet says...

At least the stinking salad brothers picked someone with integrity and good PR skills to front their plan! Bassini is one fat slug who has devoured the crop. And as GT said about J Russo: you are a bad man.
At least the stinking salad brothers picked someone with integrity and good PR skills to front their plan! Bassini is one fat slug who has devoured the crop. And as GT said about J Russo: you are a bad man. Bush Hornet
  • Score: 0

12:03pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Colin West's mullet says...

oooh, the intrigue. It's like Game of Thrones, but without all the swords.

'Julian Winter is coming...'
oooh, the intrigue. It's like Game of Thrones, but without all the swords. 'Julian Winter is coming...' Colin West's mullet
  • Score: 0

12:40pm Fri 21 Dec 12

SAHornet says...

Engineer1 wrote:
Alexander The Great wrote:
Come on Wobby, don't be timid, when are you going to reveal all about the cocaine and prostitutes paid for with the match day cash takings that were kept in the safe (allegedly)
the prostitutes were kept in the safe???

No wonder Bazz wanted the keys before he did a runner. Bit of a shock for whoever opened up next morning. Dare say there wasn't much coke left though.
Ha
[quote][p][bold]Engineer1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alexander The Great[/bold] wrote: Come on Wobby, don't be timid, when are you going to reveal all about the cocaine and prostitutes paid for with the match day cash takings that were kept in the safe (allegedly)[/p][/quote]the prostitutes were kept in the safe??? No wonder Bazz wanted the keys before he did a runner. Bit of a shock for whoever opened up next morning. Dare say there wasn't much coke left though.[/p][/quote]Ha SAHornet
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Fri 21 Dec 12

jasonwatford says...

For those of you that read my posts i said about the russo bros being horrible people now karma has come around to them....happy xmas Jimmy and Vince plus happy new year Baz !! Thank the lord for Pozzo Family.
For those of you that read my posts i said about the russo bros being horrible people now karma has come around to them....happy xmas Jimmy and Vince plus happy new year Baz !! Thank the lord for Pozzo Family. jasonwatford
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Fri 21 Dec 12

lutondown says...

Mmm I wonder where Ilovbas and the legions of Bassites have disappeared to? I take no pleasure in saying told you so...lie, yes I do. You were very wrong and now understand this leopards do not change their spots.
Buckler, do you remember the banning s for daring to speak the truth?.....
Mmm I wonder where Ilovbas and the legions of Bassites have disappeared to? I take no pleasure in saying told you so...lie, yes I do. You were very wrong and now understand this leopards do not change their spots. Buckler, do you remember the banning s for daring to speak the truth?..... lutondown
  • Score: 0

1:59pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted :

"The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's".

I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement.

They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen.

I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime .....

Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's

The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty

Here's to 3 points tomorrow
Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted : "The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's". I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement. They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen. I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime ..... Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty Here's to 3 points tomorrow Holly68
  • Score: 0

2:13pm Fri 21 Dec 12

PhilippineOrn says...

Would love to hear GT's thoughts on everything right now. He has been ominously silent since his resignation.
Would love to hear GT's thoughts on everything right now. He has been ominously silent since his resignation. PhilippineOrn
  • Score: 0

2:13pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Harry's Bar says...

Reginald Dwight wrote:
SAHornet wrote:
Reginald Dwight wrote: Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!! Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over. I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.
Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps.
Baz has screwed them over so for that I wish them success BUT their motives need questioning. Ashcroft would never have sold to them so they put their mate in as a puppet frontman and allowed him to rip the club apart. As supporters of Baz and with their history of administration threats etc they are as unwelcome as him. We should be thanking our lucky stars that the Pozzo family have rescued us from all these chancers.
When I read the last post I thought it was a joke, a sort of comedy scenario.
When you think it through you realise it's not comedy. The Russo's must have financed Bassini's takeover. Surely though the club should have found out exactly where the money was coming from. Then they would have smelt a rat. Mind you, they should have smelt a rat as soon as they knew Bassini was a bankrupt, had changed his name, wasn't a supporter etc. ..... etc.
[quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!! Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over. I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.[/p][/quote]Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps.[/p][/quote]Baz has screwed them over so for that I wish them success BUT their motives need questioning. Ashcroft would never have sold to them so they put their mate in as a puppet frontman and allowed him to rip the club apart. As supporters of Baz and with their history of administration threats etc they are as unwelcome as him. We should be thanking our lucky stars that the Pozzo family have rescued us from all these chancers.[/p][/quote]When I read the last post I thought it was a joke, a sort of comedy scenario. When you think it through you realise it's not comedy. The Russo's must have financed Bassini's takeover. Surely though the club should have found out exactly where the money was coming from. Then they would have smelt a rat. Mind you, they should have smelt a rat as soon as they knew Bassini was a bankrupt, had changed his name, wasn't a supporter etc. ..... etc. Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

Harry's Bar wrote:
Reginald Dwight wrote:
SAHornet wrote:
Reginald Dwight wrote: Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!! Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over. I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.
Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps.
Baz has screwed them over so for that I wish them success BUT their motives need questioning. Ashcroft would never have sold to them so they put their mate in as a puppet frontman and allowed him to rip the club apart. As supporters of Baz and with their history of administration threats etc they are as unwelcome as him. We should be thanking our lucky stars that the Pozzo family have rescued us from all these chancers.
When I read the last post I thought it was a joke, a sort of comedy scenario.
When you think it through you realise it's not comedy. The Russo's must have financed Bassini's takeover. Surely though the club should have found out exactly where the money was coming from. Then they would have smelt a rat. Mind you, they should have smelt a rat as soon as they knew Bassini was a bankrupt, had changed his name, wasn't a supporter etc. ..... etc.
As per my post above, save judgement
[quote][p][bold]Harry's Bar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: Well well well. What a mess they've all entangled themselves in. How on earth anyone with a single brain cell would get financially involved with old Baz is beyond belief - let alone loaning him millions!!!! Ironic that the Russos have now lost about the same amount of money that they tried to put the club into administration over. I wish them success in this case and hope they screw Baz to the floor so he can never earn another penny again. That said, for all those who backed their stance it is now clear that they are as untrustworthy as their 'former' mate Baz and they can never show their faces near Vicarage Road again.[/p][/quote]Agree with the first sentence of your final para completely but don't quite understand the rest of that para. Why does this show that they are untrustworthy? Too trusting perhaps.[/p][/quote]Baz has screwed them over so for that I wish them success BUT their motives need questioning. Ashcroft would never have sold to them so they put their mate in as a puppet frontman and allowed him to rip the club apart. As supporters of Baz and with their history of administration threats etc they are as unwelcome as him. We should be thanking our lucky stars that the Pozzo family have rescued us from all these chancers.[/p][/quote]When I read the last post I thought it was a joke, a sort of comedy scenario. When you think it through you realise it's not comedy. The Russo's must have financed Bassini's takeover. Surely though the club should have found out exactly where the money was coming from. Then they would have smelt a rat. Mind you, they should have smelt a rat as soon as they knew Bassini was a bankrupt, had changed his name, wasn't a supporter etc. ..... etc.[/p][/quote]As per my post above, save judgement Holly68
  • Score: 0

3:34pm Fri 21 Dec 12

D.unstable says...

I wonder if the Russo brothers may consider freezing more than just Bassini's assets and do us all a favour.
I wonder if the Russo brothers may consider freezing more than just Bassini's assets and do us all a favour. D.unstable
  • Score: 0

3:57pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Harry's Bar says...

I have just imagined a frightening and what was an all too possible scene. Bassini tearing the club apart like a rabid dog taking down a defenceless animal, all the while the Russo's circling above like vultures, waiting for their moment to pounce on the carcass.
I have just imagined a frightening and what was an all too possible scene. Bassini tearing the club apart like a rabid dog taking down a defenceless animal, all the while the Russo's circling above like vultures, waiting for their moment to pounce on the carcass. Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

4:00pm Fri 21 Dec 12

lutondown says...

Harry's Bar wrote:
I have just imagined a frightening and what was an all too possible scene. Bassini tearing the club apart like a rabid dog taking down a defenceless animal, all the while the Russo's circling above like vultures, waiting for their moment to pounce on the carcass.
It should not of come to this. It will be interesting to hear GT and his take on this. Someone should have been braver and blew the whistle.
[quote][p][bold]Harry's Bar[/bold] wrote: I have just imagined a frightening and what was an all too possible scene. Bassini tearing the club apart like a rabid dog taking down a defenceless animal, all the while the Russo's circling above like vultures, waiting for their moment to pounce on the carcass.[/p][/quote]It should not of come to this. It will be interesting to hear GT and his take on this. Someone should have been braver and blew the whistle. lutondown
  • Score: 0

4:24pm Fri 21 Dec 12

KeithMercer says...

Holly68 wrote:
Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted :

"The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's".

I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement.

They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen.

I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime .....

Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's

The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty

Here's to 3 points tomorrow
Sorry Holly !
agree with 99% of your postings on here, but cant go along with this one. I believe you have been duped by these slimey italians. Al Capone was a smashing fella when I met him in a New York trattoria a while back. I would very much doubt the Russos had much influence on the Pozzos and I hope they rot in hell with their mate Bazz.
Lets give Camp a hard time tomorrow and watch the Hornet goals flow !!
[quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted : "The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's". I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement. They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen. I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime ..... Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty Here's to 3 points tomorrow[/p][/quote]Sorry Holly ! agree with 99% of your postings on here, but cant go along with this one. I believe you have been duped by these slimey italians. Al Capone was a smashing fella when I met him in a New York trattoria a while back. I would very much doubt the Russos had much influence on the Pozzos and I hope they rot in hell with their mate Bazz. Lets give Camp a hard time tomorrow and watch the Hornet goals flow !! KeithMercer
  • Score: 0

8:17pm Fri 21 Dec 12

buckler says...

Heard there's a price on that fat head of Bazini's , I mean Bassini ! 🔫
Heard there's a price on that fat head of Bazini's , I mean Bassini ! 🔫 buckler
  • Score: 0

9:07pm Fri 21 Dec 12

JoeWFC_12 says...

End of the days peeps, we all support the same cause and its good we have the varied opinions that we have on club matters!

I for one agree 101% with Holly on this one. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Russo's have been in communication with the club over a number of matters in particular with 'famiglia' Pozzo over the takeover at the club.

Some of you may think that I am saying that because both parties are Italian..but trust being Italian myself..it goes far beyond that!

We can bicker as much as we can about the past, we all have questions that we have never had answered...maybe through this that things will become alot clearer about the 'truth' in what actually happened.

What matters most is the future, and we all sticking together for what is going to be a privileged experience moving forward with #WFC.

3 points tomorrow would be lovely way to start the festive period. COYH
End of the days peeps, we all support the same cause and its good we have the varied opinions that we have on club matters! I for one agree 101% with Holly on this one. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Russo's have been in communication with the club over a number of matters in particular with 'famiglia' Pozzo over the takeover at the club. Some of you may think that I am saying that because both parties are Italian..but trust being Italian myself..it goes far beyond that! We can bicker as much as we can about the past, we all have questions that we have never had answered...maybe through this that things will become alot clearer about the 'truth' in what actually happened. What matters most is the future, and we all sticking together for what is going to be a privileged experience moving forward with #WFC. 3 points tomorrow would be lovely way to start the festive period. COYH JoeWFC_12
  • Score: 0

9:59pm Fri 21 Dec 12

V-o-R says...

Holly68 wrote:
Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted :

"The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's".

I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement.

They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen.

I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime .....

Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's

The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty

Here's to 3 points tomorrow
OMG....
Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again!
So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me!
Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it
[quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted : "The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's". I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement. They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen. I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime ..... Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty Here's to 3 points tomorrow[/p][/quote]OMG.... Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again! So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me! Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it V-o-R
  • Score: 0

10:57pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Hampshire hornet says...

Might be miles off the mark...
Russo brothers financed bankrupt (possibly) they then were major players in bringing the Pozzo's in.. They paid 15mill (?) to Bankrupt..(Pozzo's)
Russo's freeze bankrupt assets ... As they weren't paid loan(s) back?
2+2 = dodgy deals, former owners cashing in big time! a certain man needs to be looking over their shoulder
Might be miles off the mark... Russo brothers financed bankrupt (possibly) they then were major players in bringing the Pozzo's in.. They paid 15mill (?) to Bankrupt..(Pozzo's) Russo's freeze bankrupt assets ... As they weren't paid loan(s) back? 2+2 = dodgy deals, former owners cashing in big time! a certain man needs to be looking over their shoulder Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 0

11:14pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Hampshire hornet says...

Isn't the property value about to Rise in the area with future developments planned? Can't wait to hear The truth...
Isn't the property value about to Rise in the area with future developments planned? Can't wait to hear The truth... Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 0

11:15pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Hampshire hornet says...

For reference
http://pixelmafia.or
g/speak.html
For reference http://pixelmafia.or g/speak.html Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 0

12:00am Sat 22 Dec 12

londomollari says...

Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema.
They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent.
One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw.
Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema. They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent. One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw. londomollari
  • Score: 0

12:15am Sat 22 Dec 12

buckler says...

Big money in salad ? Bigger money in ??
Big money in salad ? Bigger money in ?? buckler
  • Score: 0

12:17am Sat 22 Dec 12

londomollari says...

D.unstable wrote:
Oh thank you Mr Pozzo. May I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very successful 2013.

:0)
Oh, how very, very, VERY lucky we were to have the Pozzo's take over.
The very best of wishes to the Pozzo's, Nani, Duxbury, Zola and all the staff and players. Thank you for being here!
[quote][p][bold]D.unstable[/bold] wrote: Oh thank you Mr Pozzo. May I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very successful 2013. :0)[/p][/quote]Oh, how very, very, VERY lucky we were to have the Pozzo's take over. The very best of wishes to the Pozzo's, Nani, Duxbury, Zola and all the staff and players. Thank you for being here! londomollari
  • Score: 0

8:31am Sat 22 Dec 12

Reginald Dwight says...

V-o-R wrote:
Holly68 wrote:
Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted :

"The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's".

I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement.

They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen.

I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime .....

Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's

The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty

Here's to 3 points tomorrow
OMG....
Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again!
So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me!
Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it
Quite right. The Russo PR machine has been driven by Affleck since day one. He is clearly on their payroll to ensure that those who shout loudest and all that.....
The propaganda and spin that engulfed their association with WFC has not been missed and we are now very lucky to have an experienced football family running the club. Not salad growers, holiday vendors or bankrupt chancers.
If, as Kevin Affleck says, the Russos were instrumental in bringing the Pozzos in then why does he think they haven't been in attendance at a single game? Surely the Pozzos would be delighted to welcome them as major players in the deal? As Chelsea fanatics they would have been all over GFZ as they were often seen waiting for autographs when anyone half known was playing down at The Vic. They were regular attendees with their mate Baz last year. I sit in the prawn sandwich seats in front of the directors box and for the first time in a long time the only people you see in there are reputable associates of the club or leading figures in the football world scouting etc.
Afflecks ego went into overdrive ahead of the takeover. Of course he knew about it through the Russos and it is most likely he was trying to whip up fans excitement and put pressure on Baz to sell in the desperate hope they might get their loaned money back in the sale price.
It is a sad situation. As I said before I hope they screw Baz so that when his prison term ends he has nothing! At the same time if anyone doesn't realise that all of these eggs are bad then they need to wake up. Let them fight it out while we as fans just watch some great football and look to a positive future - one that we are incredibly lucky to have with all the brinkmanship that has taken place
[quote][p][bold]V-o-R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted : "The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's". I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement. They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen. I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime ..... Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty Here's to 3 points tomorrow[/p][/quote]OMG.... Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again! So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me! Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it[/p][/quote]Quite right. The Russo PR machine has been driven by Affleck since day one. He is clearly on their payroll to ensure that those who shout loudest and all that..... The propaganda and spin that engulfed their association with WFC has not been missed and we are now very lucky to have an experienced football family running the club. Not salad growers, holiday vendors or bankrupt chancers. If, as Kevin Affleck says, the Russos were instrumental in bringing the Pozzos in then why does he think they haven't been in attendance at a single game? Surely the Pozzos would be delighted to welcome them as major players in the deal? As Chelsea fanatics they would have been all over GFZ as they were often seen waiting for autographs when anyone half known was playing down at The Vic. They were regular attendees with their mate Baz last year. I sit in the prawn sandwich seats in front of the directors box and for the first time in a long time the only people you see in there are reputable associates of the club or leading figures in the football world scouting etc. Afflecks ego went into overdrive ahead of the takeover. Of course he knew about it through the Russos and it is most likely he was trying to whip up fans excitement and put pressure on Baz to sell in the desperate hope they might get their loaned money back in the sale price. It is a sad situation. As I said before I hope they screw Baz so that when his prison term ends he has nothing! At the same time if anyone doesn't realise that all of these eggs are bad then they need to wake up. Let them fight it out while we as fans just watch some great football and look to a positive future - one that we are incredibly lucky to have with all the brinkmanship that has taken place Reginald Dwight
  • Score: 0

10:23am Sat 22 Dec 12

Hampshire hornet says...

Reginald Dwight wrote:
V-o-R wrote:
Holly68 wrote:
Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted :

"The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's".

I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement.

They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen.

I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime .....

Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's

The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty

Here's to 3 points tomorrow
OMG....
Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again!
So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me!
Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it
Quite right. The Russo PR machine has been driven by Affleck since day one. He is clearly on their payroll to ensure that those who shout loudest and all that.....
The propaganda and spin that engulfed their association with WFC has not been missed and we are now very lucky to have an experienced football family running the club. Not salad growers, holiday vendors or bankrupt chancers.
If, as Kevin Affleck says, the Russos were instrumental in bringing the Pozzos in then why does he think they haven't been in attendance at a single game? Surely the Pozzos would be delighted to welcome them as major players in the deal? As Chelsea fanatics they would have been all over GFZ as they were often seen waiting for autographs when anyone half known was playing down at The Vic. They were regular attendees with their mate Baz last year. I sit in the prawn sandwich seats in front of the directors box and for the first time in a long time the only people you see in there are reputable associates of the club or leading figures in the football world scouting etc.
Afflecks ego went into overdrive ahead of the takeover. Of course he knew about it through the Russos and it is most likely he was trying to whip up fans excitement and put pressure on Baz to sell in the desperate hope they might get their loaned money back in the sale price.
It is a sad situation. As I said before I hope they screw Baz so that when his prison term ends he has nothing! At the same time if anyone doesn't realise that all of these eggs are bad then they need to wake up. Let them fight it out while we as fans just watch some great football and look to a positive future - one that we are incredibly lucky to have with all the brinkmanship that has taken place
Excellent post...better than my sarcasm..
[quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]V-o-R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted : "The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's". I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement. They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen. I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime ..... Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty Here's to 3 points tomorrow[/p][/quote]OMG.... Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again! So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me! Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it[/p][/quote]Quite right. The Russo PR machine has been driven by Affleck since day one. He is clearly on their payroll to ensure that those who shout loudest and all that..... The propaganda and spin that engulfed their association with WFC has not been missed and we are now very lucky to have an experienced football family running the club. Not salad growers, holiday vendors or bankrupt chancers. If, as Kevin Affleck says, the Russos were instrumental in bringing the Pozzos in then why does he think they haven't been in attendance at a single game? Surely the Pozzos would be delighted to welcome them as major players in the deal? As Chelsea fanatics they would have been all over GFZ as they were often seen waiting for autographs when anyone half known was playing down at The Vic. They were regular attendees with their mate Baz last year. I sit in the prawn sandwich seats in front of the directors box and for the first time in a long time the only people you see in there are reputable associates of the club or leading figures in the football world scouting etc. Afflecks ego went into overdrive ahead of the takeover. Of course he knew about it through the Russos and it is most likely he was trying to whip up fans excitement and put pressure on Baz to sell in the desperate hope they might get their loaned money back in the sale price. It is a sad situation. As I said before I hope they screw Baz so that when his prison term ends he has nothing! At the same time if anyone doesn't realise that all of these eggs are bad then they need to wake up. Let them fight it out while we as fans just watch some great football and look to a positive future - one that we are incredibly lucky to have with all the brinkmanship that has taken place[/p][/quote]Excellent post...better than my sarcasm.. Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 0

10:27am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

londomollari wrote:
Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema.
They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent.
One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw.
londomollari, I understand where your coming from, about loaning money, but the club was bought for £440k, not £4M, so we don't know if the loan was to buy Watford or for something else !?!?!?

Also, if the Ashcroft's of this world and his team, plus senior people at the club felt at the time Baz was the right person to sell to, and the FL sanctioned it, then to those people, they considered him ok to sell club to, what bigger reference could you have ? So why wouldn't one business loan to another in that kind of environment with those people and bodies sanctioning the sale.

So this is not clear as we don't know facts. The only facts are that the
[quote][p][bold]londomollari[/bold] wrote: Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema. They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent. One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw.[/p][/quote]londomollari, I understand where your coming from, about loaning money, but the club was bought for £440k, not £4M, so we don't know if the loan was to buy Watford or for something else !?!?!? Also, if the Ashcroft's of this world and his team, plus senior people at the club felt at the time Baz was the right person to sell to, and the FL sanctioned it, then to those people, they considered him ok to sell club to, what bigger reference could you have ? So why wouldn't one business loan to another in that kind of environment with those people and bodies sanctioning the sale. So this is not clear as we don't know facts. The only facts are that the Holly68
  • Score: 0

10:27am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

londomollari wrote:
Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema.
They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent.
One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw.
londomollari, I understand where your coming from, about loaning money, but the club was bought for £440k, not £4M, so we don't know if the loan was to buy Watford or for something else !?!?!?

Also, if the Ashcroft's of this world and his team, plus senior people at the club felt at the time Baz was the right person to sell to, and the FL sanctioned it, then to those people, they considered him ok to sell club to, what bigger reference could you have ? So why wouldn't one business loan to another in that kind of environment with those people and bodies sanctioning the sale.

So this is not clear as we don't know facts. The only facts are that the Wobby has posted this story that a £4M loan was made and JR has taken Baz to court to get it repaid. FACT. We don't know what the loan was for, can guess and assume, but £4M minus £440k leaves a lot left !!!
[quote][p][bold]londomollari[/bold] wrote: Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema. They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent. One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw.[/p][/quote]londomollari, I understand where your coming from, about loaning money, but the club was bought for £440k, not £4M, so we don't know if the loan was to buy Watford or for something else !?!?!? Also, if the Ashcroft's of this world and his team, plus senior people at the club felt at the time Baz was the right person to sell to, and the FL sanctioned it, then to those people, they considered him ok to sell club to, what bigger reference could you have ? So why wouldn't one business loan to another in that kind of environment with those people and bodies sanctioning the sale. So this is not clear as we don't know facts. The only facts are that the Wobby has posted this story that a £4M loan was made and JR has taken Baz to court to get it repaid. FACT. We don't know what the loan was for, can guess and assume, but £4M minus £440k leaves a lot left !!! Holly68
  • Score: 0

10:27am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

londomollari wrote:
Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema.
They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent.
One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw.
londomollari, I understand where your coming from, about loaning money, but the club was bought for £440k, not £4M, so we don't know if the loan was to buy Watford or for something else !?!?!?

Also, if the Ashcroft's of this world and his team, plus senior people at the club felt at the time Baz was the right person to sell to, and the FL sanctioned it, then to those people, they considered him ok to sell club to, what bigger reference could you have ? So why wouldn't one business loan to another in that kind of environment with those people and bodies sanctioning the sale.

So this is not clear as we don't know facts. The only facts are that the Wobby has posted this story that a £4M loan was made and JR has taken Baz to court to get it repaid. FACT. We don't know what the loan was for, can guess and assume, but £4M minus £440k leaves a lot left !!!
[quote][p][bold]londomollari[/bold] wrote: Holly: I have always found myself in agreement with your postings, but your post about the Russo's leaves me uncomfortable. Yes, I believe that, for most of the time, they had good intentions at heart: BUT, the very fact that they sold shares to Baz, plus lending him money, has a sour smell worse than the results of a Baz enema. They may have had a hand in the Pozzo takeover: but I feel it was from selfish (at best) intent. One day we will probably know---I just hope it is before I am wearing old persons nappys and am being fed my meals through a straw.[/p][/quote]londomollari, I understand where your coming from, about loaning money, but the club was bought for £440k, not £4M, so we don't know if the loan was to buy Watford or for something else !?!?!? Also, if the Ashcroft's of this world and his team, plus senior people at the club felt at the time Baz was the right person to sell to, and the FL sanctioned it, then to those people, they considered him ok to sell club to, what bigger reference could you have ? So why wouldn't one business loan to another in that kind of environment with those people and bodies sanctioning the sale. So this is not clear as we don't know facts. The only facts are that the Wobby has posted this story that a £4M loan was made and JR has taken Baz to court to get it repaid. FACT. We don't know what the loan was for, can guess and assume, but £4M minus £440k leaves a lot left !!! Holly68
  • Score: 0

10:49am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

Reginald Dwight wrote:
V-o-R wrote:
Holly68 wrote:
Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted :

"The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's".

I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement.

They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen.

I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime .....

Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's

The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty

Here's to 3 points tomorrow
OMG....
Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again!
So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me!
Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it
Quite right. The Russo PR machine has been driven by Affleck since day one. He is clearly on their payroll to ensure that those who shout loudest and all that.....
The propaganda and spin that engulfed their association with WFC has not been missed and we are now very lucky to have an experienced football family running the club. Not salad growers, holiday vendors or bankrupt chancers.
If, as Kevin Affleck says, the Russos were instrumental in bringing the Pozzos in then why does he think they haven't been in attendance at a single game? Surely the Pozzos would be delighted to welcome them as major players in the deal? As Chelsea fanatics they would have been all over GFZ as they were often seen waiting for autographs when anyone half known was playing down at The Vic. They were regular attendees with their mate Baz last year. I sit in the prawn sandwich seats in front of the directors box and for the first time in a long time the only people you see in there are reputable associates of the club or leading figures in the football world scouting etc.
Afflecks ego went into overdrive ahead of the takeover. Of course he knew about it through the Russos and it is most likely he was trying to whip up fans excitement and put pressure on Baz to sell in the desperate hope they might get their loaned money back in the sale price.
It is a sad situation. As I said before I hope they screw Baz so that when his prison term ends he has nothing! At the same time if anyone doesn't realise that all of these eggs are bad then they need to wake up. Let them fight it out while we as fans just watch some great football and look to a positive future - one that we are incredibly lucky to have with all the brinkmanship that has taken place
Kevin Affleck was a decent journalist, he broke many ground breaking stories, the most famous of which when he knew the club was going to sell all its stars, which he got slated for, but turned out to be true, so those slating him do so unfairly as he has no chance to analyse and comment on your work ! I didn't know what car Kevin drove but you seem to have an opinion on that to.

If Kevin tweets about the Russo's being instrumental in the takeover, that is his opinion, I doubt he would make such a bold claim without nothing to back that up. Did the Pozzo's liaise with several different parties during the due diligence of the takeover, yes I would believe they would.

I didn't see JR in the Directors Box last season, and I too sit very close, and I only missed two home games. Yes there were several interesting characters in the DB but I don't recall seeing JR, so unless somewhere else in the ground ??

Until the facts come out it is impossible to criticise, the only facts we know at present are : Russo's lost money "net" from Watford FC overall. Russo's lent money to Baz but we don't know what for. Clubs accounts state provisions have been made to allow for £2.13M that Baz owes club (ie. provisions being made in case club don't get it repaid).

We will never know all the details of what goes on behind the scenes at any football club, mainly due to any transaction often involves numerous individuals, so several different versions of events, however you can only speak as you find, from what is put in front you .... I found JR very personable, so I have no facts to doubt this. Plus everyone I speak to who has stayed in touch with him always states he is a good bloke, and these are sensible people, so I base my judgement on this and hope I am not proved wrong !

One thing we ALL AGREE ON is IN POZZO'S WE TRUST !
[quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]V-o-R[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: Before everyone starts criticising the Russo's, Kevin Affleck (for those that remember he was Frank's predecessor) just tweeted : "The Russo's were instrumental in helping to bring in the Pozzo's". I personally liked the brothers, they were down to earth and loved the club, so until all the facts come out, it's best that people defer judgement. They saved the club from Ashton, remember ? They we're then poorly treated by individuals and resigned in 2009 when had little options. Yes they demanded their loans back immediately, that was there right to do so, I personally don't believe they would of taken us to administration had the loan not been repaid, they loved the club and fans too much for that to happen. I don't know the circumstances of this alleged loan, so won't comment, however if the Russo's were instrumental part of bringing in the Pozzo's as Kevin has tweeted, then we should all be grateful (again), it is fact that they lost alot of money invested in Watford, more than the average man in the high st would earn in a lifetime ..... Once this is all settled, I hope Jimmy tells all, and I would love to see them back as fans with the Pozzo's The next instalment of "Tales from the Vicarage" could be very tasty Here's to 3 points tomorrow[/p][/quote]OMG.... Don't believe we're mentioning KA, utter crap car and like minded journo, that's what i hate about twitter, he shouldn't need to be heard of ever again! So, he says Russos were instrumental in bringing the pozos to Watford eh? so why weren't they approached before Charlton turned down their advances initially? The only thing JR was involved with was the introduction of Bassini, because of the football league rules Jimmy couldn't be seen to be involved, hence the stooge. JR has made his bed with this and Im amazed at the stance he's taking as if the FL caught wind of any previous dodging dealings he would be doing a stretch.....believe me! Lessons learnt all round i feel and they should all move on....we have by the looks of it[/p][/quote]Quite right. The Russo PR machine has been driven by Affleck since day one. He is clearly on their payroll to ensure that those who shout loudest and all that..... The propaganda and spin that engulfed their association with WFC has not been missed and we are now very lucky to have an experienced football family running the club. Not salad growers, holiday vendors or bankrupt chancers. If, as Kevin Affleck says, the Russos were instrumental in bringing the Pozzos in then why does he think they haven't been in attendance at a single game? Surely the Pozzos would be delighted to welcome them as major players in the deal? As Chelsea fanatics they would have been all over GFZ as they were often seen waiting for autographs when anyone half known was playing down at The Vic. They were regular attendees with their mate Baz last year. I sit in the prawn sandwich seats in front of the directors box and for the first time in a long time the only people you see in there are reputable associates of the club or leading figures in the football world scouting etc. Afflecks ego went into overdrive ahead of the takeover. Of course he knew about it through the Russos and it is most likely he was trying to whip up fans excitement and put pressure on Baz to sell in the desperate hope they might get their loaned money back in the sale price. It is a sad situation. As I said before I hope they screw Baz so that when his prison term ends he has nothing! At the same time if anyone doesn't realise that all of these eggs are bad then they need to wake up. Let them fight it out while we as fans just watch some great football and look to a positive future - one that we are incredibly lucky to have with all the brinkmanship that has taken place[/p][/quote]Kevin Affleck was a decent journalist, he broke many ground breaking stories, the most famous of which when he knew the club was going to sell all its stars, which he got slated for, but turned out to be true, so those slating him do so unfairly as he has no chance to analyse and comment on your work ! I didn't know what car Kevin drove but you seem to have an opinion on that to. If Kevin tweets about the Russo's being instrumental in the takeover, that is his opinion, I doubt he would make such a bold claim without nothing to back that up. Did the Pozzo's liaise with several different parties during the due diligence of the takeover, yes I would believe they would. I didn't see JR in the Directors Box last season, and I too sit very close, and I only missed two home games. Yes there were several interesting characters in the DB but I don't recall seeing JR, so unless somewhere else in the ground ?? Until the facts come out it is impossible to criticise, the only facts we know at present are : Russo's lost money "net" from Watford FC overall. Russo's lent money to Baz but we don't know what for. Clubs accounts state provisions have been made to allow for £2.13M that Baz owes club (ie. provisions being made in case club don't get it repaid). We will never know all the details of what goes on behind the scenes at any football club, mainly due to any transaction often involves numerous individuals, so several different versions of events, however you can only speak as you find, from what is put in front you .... I found JR very personable, so I have no facts to doubt this. Plus everyone I speak to who has stayed in touch with him always states he is a good bloke, and these are sensible people, so I base my judgement on this and hope I am not proved wrong ! One thing we ALL AGREE ON is IN POZZO'S WE TRUST ! Holly68
  • Score: 0

10:59am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

My final post on the matter :

£2.13M owed to club (as per clubs accounts)
£4M owed to VGS (as per court case)

Over £6M in 18 months, that's a tidy sum, from a standing start ....

If Carlsberg did Loans, Merry Xmas

I"ll settle for following :

- 3 points v Forest
- 3 points v Bristol
- 1 point v Brighton
- 3 points v Charlton

5th place by end NYD !!
My final post on the matter : £2.13M owed to club (as per clubs accounts) £4M owed to VGS (as per court case) Over £6M in 18 months, that's a tidy sum, from a standing start .... If Carlsberg did Loans, Merry Xmas I"ll settle for following : - 3 points v Forest - 3 points v Bristol - 1 point v Brighton - 3 points v Charlton 5th place by end NYD !! Holly68
  • Score: 0

11:07am Sat 22 Dec 12

V-o-R says...

Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !!
If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between.
Just saying.
Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !! If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between. Just saying. V-o-R
  • Score: 0

11:22am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

V-o-R wrote:
Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !!
If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between.
Just saying.
You've contradicted your earlier post above !?

I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people
[quote][p][bold]V-o-R[/bold] wrote: Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !! If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between. Just saying.[/p][/quote]You've contradicted your earlier post above !? I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people Holly68
  • Score: 0

11:22am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

V-o-R wrote:
Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !!
If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between.
Just saying.
You've contradicted your earlier post above !?

I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people
[quote][p][bold]V-o-R[/bold] wrote: Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !! If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between. Just saying.[/p][/quote]You've contradicted your earlier post above !? I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people Holly68
  • Score: 0

11:22am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

V-o-R wrote:
Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !!
If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between.
Just saying.
You've contradicted your earlier post above !?

I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people
[quote][p][bold]V-o-R[/bold] wrote: Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !! If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between. Just saying.[/p][/quote]You've contradicted your earlier post above !? I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people Holly68
  • Score: 0

11:23am Sat 22 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

Sorry about multiple repeat posts, Internet connection
Sorry about multiple repeat posts, Internet connection Holly68
  • Score: 0

11:33am Sat 22 Dec 12

jasonwatford says...

Hi Holly...again like many i agree with most things you say however knowing the salad boys for a having a drink with in the legends lounge and knowing them in different circumstances as i did they are complete control freaks and horrible people deep down. I'm glad if they get shafted and i have never brought their product and never will. I think we will get back on track today with 3 points
Hi Holly...again like many i agree with most things you say however knowing the salad boys for a having a drink with in the legends lounge and knowing them in different circumstances as i did they are complete control freaks and horrible people deep down. I'm glad if they get shafted and i have never brought their product and never will. I think we will get back on track today with 3 points jasonwatford
  • Score: 0

12:36pm Sat 22 Dec 12

Reginald Dwight says...

jasonwatford wrote:
Hi Holly...again like many i agree with most things you say however knowing the salad boys for a having a drink with in the legends lounge and knowing them in different circumstances as i did they are complete control freaks and horrible people deep down. I'm glad if they get shafted and i have never brought their product and never will. I think we will get back on track today with 3 points
As a corporate customer during their time you are correct in terms of their company on matchdays - very hospitable and friendly.

As a former supplier to the club your second point is even more valid. That is the environment where they showed their true colours and anyone who dealt with them will not be fooled by their PR spin.

Anyway - they are finished at the club now. They got into bed with Baz and now a very messy divorce looms. They are the lesser of two evils and hope they get what they are owed back from Baz and leave him with nothing. We all support them on that!
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: Hi Holly...again like many i agree with most things you say however knowing the salad boys for a having a drink with in the legends lounge and knowing them in different circumstances as i did they are complete control freaks and horrible people deep down. I'm glad if they get shafted and i have never brought their product and never will. I think we will get back on track today with 3 points[/p][/quote]As a corporate customer during their time you are correct in terms of their company on matchdays - very hospitable and friendly. As a former supplier to the club your second point is even more valid. That is the environment where they showed their true colours and anyone who dealt with them will not be fooled by their PR spin. Anyway - they are finished at the club now. They got into bed with Baz and now a very messy divorce looms. They are the lesser of two evils and hope they get what they are owed back from Baz and leave him with nothing. We all support them on that! Reginald Dwight
  • Score: 0

6:02pm Sat 22 Dec 12

jasonwatford says...

Thanks Reg...wasnt just me then !!!
Thanks Reg...wasnt just me then !!! jasonwatford
  • Score: 0

7:29pm Sat 22 Dec 12

lutondown says...

jasonwatford wrote:
Thanks Reg...wasnt just me then !!!
Your just scared of cucumbers Jase. I wonder why?
Lol
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: Thanks Reg...wasnt just me then !!![/p][/quote]Your just scared of cucumbers Jase. I wonder why? Lol lutondown
  • Score: 0

10:19am Sun 23 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

Holly68 wrote:
V-o-R wrote:
Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !!
If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between.
Just saying.
You've contradicted your earlier post above !?

I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people
Blimey, Andrew French and Oli Phillips in the lounge yesterday, Anthony covered the game, Frank is on holiday so was close to a Wobby reunion
[quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]V-o-R[/bold] wrote: Yes JR & VR are very nice people, noone's disputing that !! If for some strange reason someone wants to know what KA is thinking then they'll go on twitter to find out, we don't need it being portrayed from there to here when he has nothing to do with anything. Unless of course you're his go between. Just saying.[/p][/quote]You've contradicted your earlier post above !? I've liked all the Wobby Journo's over the years, I think we get a great service. Andrew French, Kevin Affleck, Frank Smith, Anthony Matthews, all good people[/p][/quote]Blimey, Andrew French and Oli Phillips in the lounge yesterday, Anthony covered the game, Frank is on holiday so was close to a Wobby reunion Holly68
  • Score: 0

11:08am Sun 23 Dec 12

JohnnyHornet says...

DuncanWelbourne'sshi
npad
wrote:
What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any.

What do ya reckon ??
In keeping with the establishment's ongoing insistence of sending us dodgy ref's to keep us out of the premiership, I suspect a deduction of points in the last week of the season ( Waiting like the QPR scenario a few years back ), the amount deducted being enough to get us 7th place...............
.gonna have 50p on that one.
[quote][p][bold]DuncanWelbourne'sshi npad[/bold] wrote: What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any. What do ya reckon ??[/p][/quote]In keeping with the establishment's ongoing insistence of sending us dodgy ref's to keep us out of the premiership, I suspect a deduction of points in the last week of the season ( Waiting like the QPR scenario a few years back ), the amount deducted being enough to get us 7th place............... .gonna have 50p on that one. JohnnyHornet
  • Score: 0

5:58pm Sun 23 Dec 12

Holly68 says...

JohnnyHornet wrote:
DuncanWelbourne'sshi

npad
wrote:
What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any.

What do ya reckon ??
In keeping with the establishment's ongoing insistence of sending us dodgy ref's to keep us out of the premiership, I suspect a deduction of points in the last week of the season ( Waiting like the QPR scenario a few years back ), the amount deducted being enough to get us 7th place...............

.gonna have 50p on that one.
We WON'T get a points deduction !
[quote][p][bold]JohnnyHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DuncanWelbourne'sshi npad[/bold] wrote: What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any. What do ya reckon ??[/p][/quote]In keeping with the establishment's ongoing insistence of sending us dodgy ref's to keep us out of the premiership, I suspect a deduction of points in the last week of the season ( Waiting like the QPR scenario a few years back ), the amount deducted being enough to get us 7th place............... .gonna have 50p on that one.[/p][/quote]We WON'T get a points deduction ! Holly68
  • Score: 0

6:03pm Sun 23 Dec 12

lutondown says...

Holly68 wrote:
JohnnyHornet wrote:
DuncanWelbourne'sshi


npad
wrote:
What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any.

What do ya reckon ??
In keeping with the establishment's ongoing insistence of sending us dodgy ref's to keep us out of the premiership, I suspect a deduction of points in the last week of the season ( Waiting like the QPR scenario a few years back ), the amount deducted being enough to get us 7th place...............


.gonna have 50p on that one.
We WON'T get a points deduction !
Que sera Holly. I agree with you. But whatever, this is one hell of a ride, and it's just a case of when we go up not if ever!
[quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JohnnyHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DuncanWelbourne'sshi npad[/bold] wrote: What is worrying is what impact this will have on the Football League Enquiry if any. What do ya reckon ??[/p][/quote]In keeping with the establishment's ongoing insistence of sending us dodgy ref's to keep us out of the premiership, I suspect a deduction of points in the last week of the season ( Waiting like the QPR scenario a few years back ), the amount deducted being enough to get us 7th place............... .gonna have 50p on that one.[/p][/quote]We WON'T get a points deduction ![/p][/quote]Que sera Holly. I agree with you. But whatever, this is one hell of a ride, and it's just a case of when we go up not if ever! lutondown
  • Score: 0

12:08pm Mon 24 Dec 12

Harry's Bar says...

Reginald Dwight wrote:
jasonwatford wrote: Hi Holly...again like many i agree with most things you say however knowing the salad boys for a having a drink with in the legends lounge and knowing them in different circumstances as i did they are complete control freaks and horrible people deep down. I'm glad if they get shafted and i have never brought their product and never will. I think we will get back on track today with 3 points
As a corporate customer during their time you are correct in terms of their company on matchdays - very hospitable and friendly. As a former supplier to the club your second point is even more valid. That is the environment where they showed their true colours and anyone who dealt with them will not be fooled by their PR spin. Anyway - they are finished at the club now. They got into bed with Baz and now a very messy divorce looms. They are the lesser of two evils and hope they get what they are owed back from Baz and leave him with nothing. We all support them on that!
I doubt the Russo's will ever see a penny of the money Bassini owes them. Bassini will already have disposed of his assets and the house in Stanmore will now be in someone else's name. The club have already accepted that the money's gone.
The Russo's underestimated Bassini. They didn't think he would have the nous or the bottle to pull a stroke on them.
And if JR & VR did assist the Pozzo's they scored a massive own goal.
[quote][p][bold]Reginald Dwight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: Hi Holly...again like many i agree with most things you say however knowing the salad boys for a having a drink with in the legends lounge and knowing them in different circumstances as i did they are complete control freaks and horrible people deep down. I'm glad if they get shafted and i have never brought their product and never will. I think we will get back on track today with 3 points[/p][/quote]As a corporate customer during their time you are correct in terms of their company on matchdays - very hospitable and friendly. As a former supplier to the club your second point is even more valid. That is the environment where they showed their true colours and anyone who dealt with them will not be fooled by their PR spin. Anyway - they are finished at the club now. They got into bed with Baz and now a very messy divorce looms. They are the lesser of two evils and hope they get what they are owed back from Baz and leave him with nothing. We all support them on that![/p][/quote]I doubt the Russo's will ever see a penny of the money Bassini owes them. Bassini will already have disposed of his assets and the house in Stanmore will now be in someone else's name. The club have already accepted that the money's gone. The Russo's underestimated Bassini. They didn't think he would have the nous or the bottle to pull a stroke on them. And if JR & VR did assist the Pozzo's they scored a massive own goal. Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree