Watford boss Gianfranco Zola hopeful of more signings and Troy Deeney deal 'nearing an agreement'

Watford Observer: Picture: Holly Cant Picture: Holly Cant

Watford head coach Gianfranco Zola is hopeful the club can secure the permanent signings of several other loanees in the near future and the Hornets are also “nearing an agreement” over Troy Deeney’s new deal.

Fernando Forestieri became the first Udinese or Granada player to move to the Hornets on a permanent contract this week, agreeing a five-and-a-half-year deal.

Watford are understood to be in talks with loanees Matej Vydra, Almen Abdi and Daniel Pudil regarding a new deal, with Joel Ekstrand another player the club are said to be interested in.

When asked if he was hopeful of securing more loan players on permanent contracts soon, Zola told the Watford Observer: “Yes, very much so.

“I think signing Fernando means the club are serious about Watford, about what they want Watford to be. So I’m sure there will soon be other signings and that is all good news. We are all working to make sure that happens and this club has a bright future.”

The Italian refused to confirm which players the club were in talks with though, saying: “I’m sorry but I cannot disclose that information. Not to you, not to anybody.

“But yes, we are working with the players that can be successful. They are good players, we want to keep them and we are looking forward to improving the squad. So the club are working on that.”

Vydra’s excellent displays this season has led to the Czech Republic international being linked with other clubs this week, namely Weat Ham United and Southampton, but Watford are in talks with the player’s representatives regarding a permanent move.

The Pozzo family, who took control of Watford in the summer, also own Vydra’s parent club Udinese but all the players have individual agents and would have to agree to a permanent switch individually.

Watford have also been in contract talks with Deeney, whose current deal expires in the summer.

The Hornets’ chief executive Scott Duxbury said: “We have met for a second time with the player’s representatives and are nearing an agreement. Both meetings have been very positive and we are optimistic that the matter can be progressed.”

Watford confirmed other clubs had expressed an interest in midfielder Mark Yeates last week. We understand Bristol City were keen on the midfielder but their interest has declined since Derek McInnes was sacked on Saturday. Ipswich Town are also said to be interested in the Irishman.

Zola said: “Mark has done very well for us and he’s got the eye of other teams, so we’ll see. The situation with Mark depends a lot on what he wants to do. For me he is an important player and we will see what happens but we have to consider his opinion and what he wants to do as well.”

There have been continued rumours linking midfielder Jonathan Hogg with Ipswich but we understand there has been no interest from the Tractor Boys and the club have no intention of selling the 24-year-old. The Hornets’ hierarchy consider him a key member of the squad.

Another rumour which circulated this week was Cardiff City being interested in goalkeeper Jonathan Bond, whose contract expires this summer. Watford confirmed he was one of a number of young players with whom contract negotiations are ongoing.

One player who did leave Watford this week was Jean Alain-Fanchone, who had his loan deal terminated by mutual consent after just one appearance for the Hornets.

This enabled the left-back to join French second division side Nimes on loan from Udinese until the end of the season.

Another player set to depart Vicarage Road, albeit temporarily, is young striker Bernard Mensah, who signed a three-and-a-half-year deal last week.

Non-league side Wealdstone were keen to sign the 18-year-old but there have been enquiries from professional clubs. New head of academy Chris McGuane will be talking to Mensah about his different options.

Comments (39)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:23am Fri 18 Jan 13

mellow yellow says...

If we get those players mentioned then happy days! If only to stop commentators constantly droning on about all our loan players from Udinese... blah, blah, blah. In reality, the Pozzos own the contracts, wherever they play.
If we get those players mentioned then happy days! If only to stop commentators constantly droning on about all our loan players from Udinese... blah, blah, blah. In reality, the Pozzos own the contracts, wherever they play. mellow yellow
  • Score: 0

9:30am Fri 18 Jan 13

jasonwatford says...

Can we all calm down about chelsea wanting Zola , They are desparate at the moment and chelsea would not except nani and duxberry as well and zoal would want that. Plus zola is a young manager who is learning slowly at a club that love him and more importantly with owners who he can trust. I guess money is not a factor with zola. Let us all just trust the man. Chelsea are in trouble with manager appointments so lets sit back and hopefully next year we can go to stamford bridge with zola and upset the locals !!
Can we all calm down about chelsea wanting Zola , They are desparate at the moment and chelsea would not except nani and duxberry as well and zoal would want that. Plus zola is a young manager who is learning slowly at a club that love him and more importantly with owners who he can trust. I guess money is not a factor with zola. Let us all just trust the man. Chelsea are in trouble with manager appointments so lets sit back and hopefully next year we can go to stamford bridge with zola and upset the locals !! jasonwatford
  • Score: 0

9:39am Fri 18 Jan 13

MJ1 says...

Deeney's new contract should require him to move from the West Midlands to the Watford area so he can be supevised and mentored. His spell in prison for violent behaviour and his more recent conviction for driving offences demonstrates that he's a 'bad boy' in football terms and remains another load of trouble waiting to happen. I was one of those who felt his contract should have been cancelled but now that he is back the Club should take responsibility for his 'rehabilitation'.
Deeney's new contract should require him to move from the West Midlands to the Watford area so he can be supevised and mentored. His spell in prison for violent behaviour and his more recent conviction for driving offences demonstrates that he's a 'bad boy' in football terms and remains another load of trouble waiting to happen. I was one of those who felt his contract should have been cancelled but now that he is back the Club should take responsibility for his 'rehabilitation'. MJ1
  • Score: 0

9:40am Fri 18 Jan 13

Andrew1963 says...

After the DiMatteo experience i doubt Zola would jump today at the chance of going to Chelsea, and suspect the owner might not want the blood of two heroes on his hands if he had to sack him after a year - which is the average lifespan for a chelsea manager. But if Zola got Watford promoted and kept them up for a second season then he clearly would become a prized asset in the management market, and unlikely to stay. It will be interesting to see who is in the squad on Feb 1st as no doubt the last few days of the window will see lots of comings and goings.
After the DiMatteo experience i doubt Zola would jump today at the chance of going to Chelsea, and suspect the owner might not want the blood of two heroes on his hands if he had to sack him after a year - which is the average lifespan for a chelsea manager. But if Zola got Watford promoted and kept them up for a second season then he clearly would become a prized asset in the management market, and unlikely to stay. It will be interesting to see who is in the squad on Feb 1st as no doubt the last few days of the window will see lots of comings and goings. Andrew1963
  • Score: 0

9:53am Fri 18 Jan 13

holtonian says...

Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.
Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man. holtonian
  • Score: 0

9:55am Fri 18 Jan 13

DuffmanWFC says...

Personally signing Abdi, Vydra, Pudil, Geijo and Ekstrand on permenant deals would make me happy! Also the long term services of Troy Deeney will be a bonus too!
For me I think we only really need a right sided midfielder with a good engine and skill as I don't think Anya is the answer when Cassetti doesn't play!
Otherwise we have a great squad, happy days! Come on you Orns!
Personally signing Abdi, Vydra, Pudil, Geijo and Ekstrand on permenant deals would make me happy! Also the long term services of Troy Deeney will be a bonus too! For me I think we only really need a right sided midfielder with a good engine and skill as I don't think Anya is the answer when Cassetti doesn't play! Otherwise we have a great squad, happy days! Come on you Orns! DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

10:01am Fri 18 Jan 13

Harry's Bar says...

Looks like the Vydra, Abdi, Ekstrand, Pudil signings are imminent which is massive for us, a defining moment for the club.
The Deeney "deal" is just a sideshow for me, I wouldn't have included it in the same headline. The club basically saved his career, just sign it!
Looks like the Vydra, Abdi, Ekstrand, Pudil signings are imminent which is massive for us, a defining moment for the club. The Deeney "deal" is just a sideshow for me, I wouldn't have included it in the same headline. The club basically saved his career, just sign it! Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

10:04am Fri 18 Jan 13

JohnnyHornet says...

jasonwatford wrote:
Can we all calm down about chelsea wanting Zola , They are desparate at the moment and chelsea would not except nani and duxberry as well and zoal would want that. Plus zola is a young manager who is learning slowly at a club that love him and more importantly with owners who he can trust. I guess money is not a factor with zola. Let us all just trust the man. Chelsea are in trouble with manager appointments so lets sit back and hopefully next year we can go to stamford bridge with zola and upset the locals !!
Stay with us GFZ, you'll only be on the rock and roll if in 3 months if you went to Chelski.
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: Can we all calm down about chelsea wanting Zola , They are desparate at the moment and chelsea would not except nani and duxberry as well and zoal would want that. Plus zola is a young manager who is learning slowly at a club that love him and more importantly with owners who he can trust. I guess money is not a factor with zola. Let us all just trust the man. Chelsea are in trouble with manager appointments so lets sit back and hopefully next year we can go to stamford bridge with zola and upset the locals !![/p][/quote]Stay with us GFZ, you'll only be on the rock and roll if in 3 months if you went to Chelski. JohnnyHornet
  • Score: 0

10:05am Fri 18 Jan 13

JohnnyHornet says...

Too many blooming "ifs" in this game.
Too many blooming "ifs" in this game. JohnnyHornet
  • Score: 0

10:10am Fri 18 Jan 13

aussihornet says...

All very welcome news, but hopefully the sooner the better, as we're all getting a little nervous.

I would also like to add Battochio to that list of Perm signings, however maybe that will be done end of season, as he's not really featured much to earn credit for a Perminent deal yet. Talented kid tho.

On a more domestic note, Deeney & Bond signing deals would be excellent, with Hogg staying put, I no doubt believe he'll stay out anyways.

On the other rumours, would love West hams Vaz Te to come, excellent player, also that Perera kid, but sure it's going to be interesting period come 31st 11pm.


P.s. don't do a Charlton repeat please, beating cracking teams then losing to teams not on best of form. Please thanks.
All very welcome news, but hopefully the sooner the better, as we're all getting a little nervous. I would also like to add Battochio to that list of Perm signings, however maybe that will be done end of season, as he's not really featured much to earn credit for a Perminent deal yet. Talented kid tho. On a more domestic note, Deeney & Bond signing deals would be excellent, with Hogg staying put, I no doubt believe he'll stay out anyways. On the other rumours, would love West hams Vaz Te to come, excellent player, also that Perera kid, but sure it's going to be interesting period come 31st 11pm. P.s. don't do a Charlton repeat please, beating cracking teams then losing to teams not on best of form. Please thanks. aussihornet
  • Score: 0

10:19am Fri 18 Jan 13

endean2 says...

get proper couver for Hall, that is a priority. He is a great player and vital to us but being realistic he will miss at least half the season from injury.

so much that went wrong against Charlton was his commanding presence and organizing skill.
get proper couver for Hall, that is a priority. He is a great player and vital to us but being realistic he will miss at least half the season from injury. so much that went wrong against Charlton was his commanding presence and organizing skill. endean2
  • Score: 0

10:23am Fri 18 Jan 13

aussihornet says...

Conceding 4 at home to Charlton, & 3 away at MCFC, shows how poor that Charlton game was.

Can't do same thing v Huddersfield, release Fessi back on them ;-)
Conceding 4 at home to Charlton, & 3 away at MCFC, shows how poor that Charlton game was. Can't do same thing v Huddersfield, release Fessi back on them ;-) aussihornet
  • Score: 0

10:30am Fri 18 Jan 13

Mohandas says...

JohnnyHornet wrote:
Too many blooming "ifs" in this game.
Agree It creates uncertainty and that let's in own goals everytime. Calm down before everyone starts jumping up and down and greed - like WBC grabbing of the Farm Terrace allotments - gets in the way of the long term aims.
[quote][p][bold]JohnnyHornet[/bold] wrote: Too many blooming "ifs" in this game.[/p][/quote]Agree It creates uncertainty and that let's in own goals everytime. Calm down before everyone starts jumping up and down and greed - like WBC grabbing of the Farm Terrace allotments - gets in the way of the long term aims. Mohandas
  • Score: 0

11:06am Fri 18 Jan 13

Harrydownunder says...

Isnt it funny how we are all anxioiusly awaiting to hear about the loanees signing permanently.

A year ago, we would have been luck to get ONE of these quality players on loan with no chance of signing him.

Now we are being a bit spoilt and we still arent happy!!
Isnt it funny how we are all anxioiusly awaiting to hear about the loanees signing permanently. A year ago, we would have been luck to get ONE of these quality players on loan with no chance of signing him. Now we are being a bit spoilt and we still arent happy!! Harrydownunder
  • Score: 0

11:55am Fri 18 Jan 13

MUSTOITALIA says...

Zola will not go anywhere he is committed to the pozzo project with watford and even if he did go just imagine the type of manager we would get judging by the players were bringing in were the most resourceful side in the league who wouldnt want the job. But like I said Zola will not leave.
Zola will not go anywhere he is committed to the pozzo project with watford and even if he did go just imagine the type of manager we would get judging by the players were bringing in were the most resourceful side in the league who wouldnt want the job. But like I said Zola will not leave. MUSTOITALIA
  • Score: 0

12:17pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Michael Sills says...

I think players should live where they want to, if Troy is happy staying in the Midlands then so be it, as long as he keeps netting who cares where he lives.
I know he did wrong but hopefully he has learnt his lesson and now gets on with what he is good at finding the back of the net.
I think players should live where they want to, if Troy is happy staying in the Midlands then so be it, as long as he keeps netting who cares where he lives. I know he did wrong but hopefully he has learnt his lesson and now gets on with what he is good at finding the back of the net. Michael Sills
  • Score: 0

12:23pm Fri 18 Jan 13

MJ1 says...

holtonian wrote:
Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.
He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen.
http://www.solihulln
ews.net/news/solihul
l-news/2012/12/07/wa
tford-striker-troy-d
eeney-has-admitted-f
ailing-to-produce-do
cuments-to-police-wi
thin-weeks-of-being-
released-early-from-
jail-for-affray-1050
74-32369001/
[quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/ MJ1
  • Score: 0

12:49pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Boosey says...

MJ1 wrote:
holtonian wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.
He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/
Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails.
[quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/[/p][/quote]Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails. Boosey
  • Score: 0

2:00pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Colin West's mullet says...

some very odd comments re: Zola. The idea that he would turn down Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world and very close to his heart, unless Duxbury & Nani could go with him is so daft it defies sensible discussion.

Let's all be honest, no-one would turn down CFC to stay at WFC. And I don't think CFC will want him based on one good half-season in the Championship. No story.
some very odd comments re: Zola. The idea that he would turn down Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world and very close to his heart, unless Duxbury & Nani could go with him is so daft it defies sensible discussion. Let's all be honest, no-one would turn down CFC to stay at WFC. And I don't think CFC will want him based on one good half-season in the Championship. No story. Colin West's mullet
  • Score: 0

2:33pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Boosey says...

Colin West's mullet wrote:
some very odd comments re: Zola. The idea that he would turn down Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world and very close to his heart, unless Duxbury & Nani could go with him is so daft it defies sensible discussion. Let's all be honest, no-one would turn down CFC to stay at WFC. And I don't think CFC will want him based on one good half-season in the Championship. No story.
And doubt the Pozzos would let the other coaches go either but saying that, the Russian has an awful lot of money!
[quote][p][bold]Colin West's mullet[/bold] wrote: some very odd comments re: Zola. The idea that he would turn down Chelsea, one of the biggest clubs in the world and very close to his heart, unless Duxbury & Nani could go with him is so daft it defies sensible discussion. Let's all be honest, no-one would turn down CFC to stay at WFC. And I don't think CFC will want him based on one good half-season in the Championship. No story.[/p][/quote]And doubt the Pozzos would let the other coaches go either but saying that, the Russian has an awful lot of money! Boosey
  • Score: 0

2:37pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAHornet says...

Boosey wrote:
MJ1 wrote:
holtonian wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.
He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/
Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails.
MJ1, you've been banging on about what a bad lot Troy is for months and months. Give it a rest now please. He's a fully grown man who has paid the price for his wrong doing now ffs can it, will you?
[quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/[/p][/quote]Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails.[/p][/quote]MJ1, you've been banging on about what a bad lot Troy is for months and months. Give it a rest now please. He's a fully grown man who has paid the price for his wrong doing now ffs can it, will you? SAHornet
  • Score: 0

3:33pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Bush Hornet says...

Zola is an Elvis Costello fan and he 'don't want to go to Chelsea.' So that's the end of that.

You gotta be bonkers to work for the mad oligarch
Zola is an Elvis Costello fan and he 'don't want to go to Chelsea.' So that's the end of that. You gotta be bonkers to work for the mad oligarch Bush Hornet
  • Score: 0

4:20pm Fri 18 Jan 13

lutondown says...

Boosey wrote:
MJ1 wrote:
holtonian wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.
He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/
Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails.
Especially if you went to school in winkle pickers and grey flannel trousers, it makes you kind of angry!
[quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/[/p][/quote]Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails.[/p][/quote]Especially if you went to school in winkle pickers and grey flannel trousers, it makes you kind of angry! lutondown
  • Score: 0

4:22pm Fri 18 Jan 13

lutondown says...

MJ1 wrote:
holtonian wrote:
Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.
He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen.
http://www.solihulln

ews.net/news/solihul

l-news/2012/12/07/wa

tford-striker-troy-d

eeney-has-admitted-f

ailing-to-produce-do

cuments-to-police-wi

thin-weeks-of-being-

released-early-from-

jail-for-affray-1050

74-32369001/
It's getting a bit tiresome now, are you one of the dozen or so tools who stay seated when Troy scores? Not happy with his goal but happy with the points it contributes to...!
[quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/[/p][/quote]It's getting a bit tiresome now, are you one of the dozen or so tools who stay seated when Troy scores? Not happy with his goal but happy with the points it contributes to...! lutondown
  • Score: 0

4:29pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Boosey says...

lutondown wrote:
Boosey wrote:
MJ1 wrote:
holtonian wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.
He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/
Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails.
Especially if you went to school in winkle pickers and grey flannel trousers, it makes you kind of angry!
Grey flannel shorts even worse. Yeah nice one, There have been some very funny comments recently, about time it all became light hearted again. I mentioned on other thread that one of my group has a spare ticket if you need it, be in WH half 12 if game still on. Bye for now.
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 74-32369001/[/p][/quote]Have you never done anything wrong? Bullied or beat anyone up? Accepted too much change from shopkeeper? Cheated on your partner? Told lies? No one is perfect sober or drunk. I would put a lot of money on the fact the majority of people who comment on here have done wrong, even if it only excludes you. There is always an underlying reason why someone sometime go off the rails.[/p][/quote]Especially if you went to school in winkle pickers and grey flannel trousers, it makes you kind of angry![/p][/quote]Grey flannel shorts even worse. Yeah nice one, There have been some very funny comments recently, about time it all became light hearted again. I mentioned on other thread that one of my group has a spare ticket if you need it, be in WH half 12 if game still on. Bye for now. Boosey
  • Score: 0

4:34pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Boosey says...

Last comment before I log off.
If the game is still on tomorrow I bet I'm one of the first to get a snowball thrown at me or fall ar5e over tit!
Last comment before I log off. If the game is still on tomorrow I bet I'm one of the first to get a snowball thrown at me or fall ar5e over tit! Boosey
  • Score: 0

4:35pm Fri 18 Jan 13

lutondown says...

Boosey wrote:
lutondown wrote:
Boosey wrote: MJ1 wrote: holtonian wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050
ST holder now mate! But yea in WH. hopefully game on!
[quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 ST holder now mate! But yea in WH. hopefully game on! lutondown
  • Score: 0

4:45pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Hampshire hornet says...

Has Gus Poyet been linked with Chelski? Surely a safer bet...
Has Gus Poyet been linked with Chelski? Surely a safer bet... Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 0

4:48pm Fri 18 Jan 13

DuffmanWFC says...

I don't care about Troys inability to provide the correct documents, all I give a toss about is him playing well and scoring goals!
Old news this and he served his time in jail for the crime he commited! I don't condone what he did I just think the line has been drawn and the player and the club have moved on!
Keep up the good performances Troy!
I don't care about Troys inability to provide the correct documents, all I give a toss about is him playing well and scoring goals! Old news this and he served his time in jail for the crime he commited! I don't condone what he did I just think the line has been drawn and the player and the club have moved on! Keep up the good performances Troy! DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

4:51pm Fri 18 Jan 13

lutondown says...

Hampshire hornet wrote:
Has Gus Poyet been linked with Chelski? Surely a safer bet...
Can't see Abromavich going for Zola, he will go for something more proven...I hope!
[quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: Has Gus Poyet been linked with Chelski? Surely a safer bet...[/p][/quote]Can't see Abromavich going for Zola, he will go for something more proven...I hope! lutondown
  • Score: 0

5:10pm Fri 18 Jan 13

DuffmanWFC says...

No chance of Abramovich going for Zola or Poyet! Not being funny but he has already canned a Chelsea legend after he won the Champions League and FA Cup so there is no chance these two would get the job! It's more likely that Benitez will stay as because Abramovich is such a self centred and self endulgent tool he has made that job one that no reportable manager wants! The list of fired bosses which includes the special one and Ancelotti is embarassing especially as he made such big moves for twits like Rafa and Scolari!
No chance of Abramovich going for Zola or Poyet! Not being funny but he has already canned a Chelsea legend after he won the Champions League and FA Cup so there is no chance these two would get the job! It's more likely that Benitez will stay as because Abramovich is such a self centred and self endulgent tool he has made that job one that no reportable manager wants! The list of fired bosses which includes the special one and Ancelotti is embarassing especially as he made such big moves for twits like Rafa and Scolari! DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

6:39pm Fri 18 Jan 13

D.unstable says...

lutondown wrote:
MJ1 wrote:
holtonian wrote:
Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen.
http://www.solihulln


ews.net/news/solihul


l-news/2012/12/07/wa


tford-striker-troy-d


eeney-has-admitted-f


ailing-to-produce-do


cuments-to-police-wi


thin-weeks-of-being-


released-early-from-


jail-for-affray-1050
I think he may have been Troy's victim and this is his way of getting back at him, he will be banging on about his past for the rest of his career and beyond. Very sad and tiresome.
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 I think he may have been Troy's victim and this is his way of getting back at him, he will be banging on about his past for the rest of his career and beyond. Very sad and tiresome. D.unstable
  • Score: 0

6:54pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Poppet Bear says...

At last, someone has told the mad Russian to shove his bucket loadsamoney where the sun don't shine and gone to manage in Germany. Lets hope Zola would do the same. Give the job to Mr (don't insult my integrity), he'd have it !
At last, someone has told the mad Russian to shove his bucket loadsamoney where the sun don't shine and gone to manage in Germany. Lets hope Zola would do the same. Give the job to Mr (don't insult my integrity), he'd have it ! Poppet Bear
  • Score: 0

7:06pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Mangoputney says...

Boosey wrote:
MJ1 wrote:
holtonian wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050
All of the above + more & that's just tonight
[quote][p][bold]Boosey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MJ1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holtonian[/bold] wrote: Troys driving offence is commonplace nowadays, hardly a reason not to re sign him surely.Many players prefer to live home and place of there choice so why should Troy be treated as a naughty schoolboy.Judge his soccer ability factors only.Conclusion in my mind is we have an excellent front man.[/p][/quote]He was convicted for failing to produce a driving licence or insurance 2 months after beng stopped by the police in Birmingham. He blamed his failure on is electronic tag (home detention order) and the pressures of being a footballer. The court didn't accept his explanation and fined him £666. If he was showing any maturity I would agree with you but this guy is another disaster waiting to happen. http://www.solihulln ews.net/news/solihul l-news/2012/12/07/wa tford-striker-troy-d eeney-has-admitted-f ailing-to-produce-do cuments-to-police-wi thin-weeks-of-being- released-early-from- jail-for-affray-1050 All of the above + more & that's just tonight Mangoputney
  • Score: 0

8:34pm Fri 18 Jan 13

buckshornet says...

i agree with what you say mj1,we can do much better than re sign troy deeney he should have been sacked a long time ago.
i agree with what you say mj1,we can do much better than re sign troy deeney he should have been sacked a long time ago. buckshornet
  • Score: 0

8:45pm Fri 18 Jan 13

DuffmanWFC says...

Utter rubbish bucks! The guy is a good player and proved that this season with his performances!
No one can change the past and everyone is moving on except for a few numpties who keep banging on about it like gossiping old ladies!
So if Troy scores the winner in the next game you ain't gonna cheer? Pathetic little minded plonker!
Utter rubbish bucks! The guy is a good player and proved that this season with his performances! No one can change the past and everyone is moving on except for a few numpties who keep banging on about it like gossiping old ladies! So if Troy scores the winner in the next game you ain't gonna cheer? Pathetic little minded plonker! DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

9:10pm Fri 18 Jan 13

lutondown says...

DuffmanWFC wrote:
Utter rubbish bucks! The guy is a good player and proved that this season with his performances!
No one can change the past and everyone is moving on except for a few numpties who keep banging on about it like gossiping old ladies!
So if Troy scores the winner in the next game you ain't gonna cheer? Pathetic little minded plonker!
Anti fans. How can we do better? He's scored 14 FFS and runs through brick walls. Unbelievable, wish they'd go elsewhere
[quote][p][bold]DuffmanWFC[/bold] wrote: Utter rubbish bucks! The guy is a good player and proved that this season with his performances! No one can change the past and everyone is moving on except for a few numpties who keep banging on about it like gossiping old ladies! So if Troy scores the winner in the next game you ain't gonna cheer? Pathetic little minded plonker![/p][/quote]Anti fans. How can we do better? He's scored 14 FFS and runs through brick walls. Unbelievable, wish they'd go elsewhere lutondown
  • Score: 0

1:41am Sat 19 Jan 13

4boys says...

Not 'Anti fans', just fans with different opinions, you are the 'anti fan' if just because someone doesnt agree with you you want them to go elsewhere, we would have very small crowds I think.
Hopefully we will get promoted and then Deeney will probably be one of the first sold, as he wont be so prolific in Prem, but sought after by Championship sides, then we can all get on together, until you find something else to disagree with!
Not 'Anti fans', just fans with different opinions, you are the 'anti fan' if just because someone doesnt agree with you you want them to go elsewhere, we would have very small crowds I think. Hopefully we will get promoted and then Deeney will probably be one of the first sold, as he wont be so prolific in Prem, but sought after by Championship sides, then we can all get on together, until you find something else to disagree with! 4boys
  • Score: 0

6:30am Sat 19 Jan 13

DuffmanWFC says...

4boys not being funny but his contract is up end of season so he can't be sold at the end of the season! We need him to sign a contract before we could do that! So get your facts right!
Also LD is right, there has been worse then Troy in life and not just football, the player has been given the chance to rebuild his career and is playing great! Thank god you have no say in him signing or not along with the other numpties who I don't even think are real fans as a real fan would get behind Troy and support him! Move on mate listening to you and some others is really boaring!
4boys not being funny but his contract is up end of season so he can't be sold at the end of the season! We need him to sign a contract before we could do that! So get your facts right! Also LD is right, there has been worse then Troy in life and not just football, the player has been given the chance to rebuild his career and is playing great! Thank god you have no say in him signing or not along with the other numpties who I don't even think are real fans as a real fan would get behind Troy and support him! Move on mate listening to you and some others is really boaring! DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree