Birkdale Trophies Challenge Cup Quarter-Finals

Cassiobury Rangers produced their best performance of the season with a 5-1 away win over Tudor Arms.

The beaten 2011 finalists controlled the tie from the start and took the lead after just three minutes when Rob Tominkson volleyed home. A second goal soon followed when pressure on the Tudor keeper allowed Joe Mortimer to win and slot home.

Rangers put the game beyond their opponents ten minutes into the second half when Jake Lovick scored from close range.

Tudor pulled a goal back from James Roope midway through the second period, but it was little more than a consolation as Cassiobury added two more through Mortimer to complete his hat-trick and seal an impressive win.

In the other quarter-final tie, Reed Rangers thumped fellow Premier Division team Kings Langley 10-1.

The first half was a close affair, with Karl Penny scoring on his debut and one from Steve Tearle in the first ten minutes before Langley pulled a goal back from Tom Carter.

Langley fell apart after the break though, as Reed scored eight goals without reply thanks to three more from Tearle, another for Penny, two from another new boy Dan Savage, with George Minihan and Dan Dutton completing the rout.

Challenge Cup Round Two

In the much-delayed all-second division tie between Ebury Olympians and Brookside, it was the vistors who won through 6-2.

After going behind early on, Ebury took a 2-1 lead into the break thanks to brace from Jason Quilley.

The game remained that way until the 61st minute when an own goal allowed Brookside back into the game, and they took full advantage as the home side fell apart. Barry Horne hit a hat-trick, supported by goals from Lee Elliman and James Blackwell.

Brookside will face the winners of Sunday’s all-Premier Division encounter between Headstone Athletic and Colne Valley in the last eight.

President’s Cup Group B

Woodside booked their place in the semi-finals with an empathic 11-1 win over Old Danes Athletic, who needed to win the game to have any hope of reaching the last four.

Woodside got off to an explosive start and after 25 minutes were 4-1 up after a Dom David quick-fire hat-trick and a Dan Campbell goal, with Old Danes netting from the spot.

Drew Snailham scored before half-time and then added his second to give Woodside a 6-1 interval lead.

Woodside kept the pressure on in the second period and Snailham added two more to his tally and David and Campbell also scored again before Nathan Gullin netted from the edge of the box to complete the scoring.

Colne Valley’s faint hopes of reaching the last four came to end with a narrow 2-1 defeat to old rivals Headstone Athletic.

In a close game, it remained goalless until halfway through the second half when Tom Dyson put Valley ahead.

But Headstone won the game thanks to two goals in the final ten minutes from a Harry Healey penalty and a late winner from Pete Owen.

Chairman’s Cup Group A

Watford Labour gained a vital 1-0 win over WD Athletic to keep their hopes of reaching the semi-finals alive thanks to a Mark Bedford goal 20 minutes from time.

Division One

Aquis kept up their great run of form to move into second place in the table with a 2-1 win over Pavillion Rangers.

All the goals came in the first half, with Aquis taking a 2-0 lead through James Robinson and Adrian Arrighi before Richard McCrossan pulled one back for their opponents.

Leaders Amici dropped two points as they could only draw 3-3 with mid-table Headstone Lions.

Sam Clark put Headstone ahead before Amici led 2-1 thanks to a double from J Da Silva.

Amici then looked to have taken all three points in the second half when Josh McFarlane scored, but the home team rescued a deserved point thanks to Clark's second of the game and the equaliser from Joe Manfredini.

Division Two

Oxhey Park have opened up a three-point lead at the top of the table after a narrow 2-1 win over bottom-placed Bushey Olympians.

Shane Flynn and Rob Blennerhassett scored the Oxhey goals, the Bushey reply coming from Aaron Crawford.

Evergreen Olympians are now three points behind Oxhey with two games in hand after easily defeating Cassiobury Revolution 6-0 thanks to braces from Jack Garratt, Dan Jones and Louis Potiuk.

Colne Valley Reserves just edged a seven-goal thriller against Roundbush.

Chris Knowles, Andy Mackenzie-Bell, Perry Rogers and Paul Oxley scored for Valley, while efforts from Scott Stevenson, Jon Sugden and Lloyd Turner were not quite enough to earn a point.