Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Round Five

Oxhey Jets Vets progressed to the next round at the expense of fancied Thames Albion after completing a 5-2 win.

Top scorer Lewis Putnam struck a hat-trick and Nick Debenham and Lee Collins also netted in the victory.

After waiting for three weeks to play their match, Oxhey will play the next round away to VFC on Sunday.

Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Round Six

AFC Spartians reached the quarter-finals by beating Harpenden Arms Athletic 2-0.

Darren Lancaster and Tom Horton were both on target in the victory to help Spartians through to the last eight.

Herts Sunday Junior Cup Round Six

Evergreen moved into the last eight of the competition after claiming a 4-2 win against Hertford Northend.

Callum Rimmer, Jamie Harper, Joe Kelly and Kieron Zeller all netted to see Evergreen home.

Turner Trophies Challenge Cup Round Three

Two high-scoring games were played in the main league cup competition, with Oakview recording an 8-3 victory against a battling CK Guild side.

Lee Amitt scored a hat-trick, while Tim O'Mara and Ben Alexander both bagged braces. Warren Gladdy was also on target for Oakview.

Leroy Odle, Karim El Janfali and Gary Haine all netted for Guild but it wasn’t enough.

Met Police (Bushey) beat fellow Division One outfit Old Garston Juniors 5-3 in an entertaining contest.

Richard Taylor and Hassan Zelzale both scored twice and Ashley Shanahan added their fifth. Goals from Pat O'Boyle, Ian Mclaughlin and Sham Patel registered for Old Garston.

WSFL Junior Cup Quarter-Final

Rickmansworth Rovers and Ebury Guild played out a well-contested 2-2 draw and both sides will meet again in the replay.

Ollie Edwards and James Bolton netted to keep Ebury in the tie.

Premier Division

Hammer took advantage of being the only top side in action to move to third place, but they were made to work hard in their 2-1 victory over Wellington Arms.

Chris Blunden’s double proved just enough to overcome Wellington, whose goal was scored by Simeon Armstrong.

Oxhey Estates were in good form and completed a 5-1 win over Croxley Green Community Centre.

Wayne Gladdy notched a hat-trick and Luke Lloyd and Roy Byron rounded off the victory for Oxhey.

Division One

Two goals each from Charles Hayley and Charlie Munro helped Langleybury Cricket Club record a 4-3 win over Green Dragon.

Declan Hennessey and Dinuka Syhra netted for Dragon but it wasn’t enough to help them avoid defeat.

Rifle Volunteer never looked in danger against Chorleywood Club and eased to a comfortable 3-0 victory.

Chorleywood found it hard to cope with their opponent's fluent movement and after a flurry of chances, Rifle took the lead with a header from Myles Hall.

They continued to press for more goals and a second soon followed when Mark Lomas tucked home.

The second half saw Chorleywood make more of a fist of it but as soon as they looked like threatening the Volunteer goal, their centre midfielder was sent off following a second yellow card.

Rifle were now consistently peppering Chorleywood's goal and but for some wasteful finishing, could have hit a barrage of goals.

However, one more goal did follow to complete a 3-0 scoreline when debutant Alec Gediking put through Sam Ryder, who neatly finished.

Division Two

In an exciting top-of-the-table contest, Hammers Reserves beat Old Fullerians 3-2 to close the gap on the two sides above them.

Tom Ford, Chris Algar and own goal proved enough for Hammer, while  Fullers found the net through Niall Leung and Perry Knight.

Second-placed Bushey Bimec defeated AFC Bushey 4-0 thanks to a hat-trick from Tom Bimbashi and a Sam Parker effort.

Division Three

Railway Arms put in a fantastic battling performance and also put a major dent in Hertsmere's (Sunday) title aspirations as they earned a 1-1 draw.

Referee John Snowdon allowed the game to go ahead despite some standing water on the pitch and it was Railway who started the brighter.

They made their early dominance count when Glen Brown volleyed home inside ten minutes to give the visitors the lead.

Hertsmere came fighting back though, and forced two smart saves from Jon Muskett in the Arms goal.

But it wasn’t long before they were level when a strike from the edge of the area went through a crowd of players and found the bottom corner.

Chances were at a premium as the game wore on, with neither side able to play much flowing football on a deteriorating pitch.

However, Railway's Pawel Rolka thought he'd won it for his side in the final few minutes, but his attempted lob sailed just over the bar with the keeper beaten.

Railway manager Steve Bailey was more than happy with his team’s effort and said: "We fought for every ball out there today and it was the type of battling performance I’ve been asking for all season.

"I feared the worst when I had a few drop-outs in the week including star striker Dave Brunette, but having a recognised goalkeeper in between the sticks for the first time all season was a big bonus for us."

Division Four

Oxhey Lions maintained top spot in the division with a 2-0 win against Carpenders Park Rangers after Gav Shepherd and Jason Bowen both found the net.

West Watford and Green Dragon Reserves fought out a tight game, with West Watford just getting the points with a 2-1 success.

A double from Aamir Kahn was enough against one from Lewis Walker.

In an entertaining bottom-of-the-table game, Gadeside Rangers Reserves downed AFC Bushey Reserves 6-2.

Jamie Moran struck a hat-trick, while a brace from Chris Lurent and one from Lamar St Cry cancelled out efforts from Scott Mitchell and Jonathan Franks for AFC.