AUDIO: Lee Clark stresses Watford shouldn't be criticised for their loan policy

Picture: Action Images

Picture: Action Images

First published in Sport by

Birmingham City manager Lee Clark heaped praise on Watford's players after the Hornets' 4-0 victory and stressed criticism of their loan policy should be aimed at the Football League.

Clark described Watford's players as "some of the best in the division" following their emphatic win at St Andrew's yesterday and when he was asked about the Hornets' use of the loan system, he said the "finger shouldn't be pointed at Watford or Gianfranco Zola".

Listen to part of Clark's post-match press conference below.

Comments (31)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:18am Sun 17 Feb 13

jalvin says...

Well he's a barrel of laughs.
Well he's a barrel of laughs. jalvin
  • Score: 0

10:23am Sun 17 Feb 13

mellow yellow says...

...because he doesn't try to be a stand-up comedian like Holloway, you mean?! I think I'd be the same if I was in Lee Clark's shoes right now.

And fair play to him. His pre-match interviews said he had no problem with Watford, and he was balanced and well-informed in his views. Unlike someone else, who benefited (once again) from a sold player and a Watford old boy (on loan) yesterday...
...because he doesn't try to be a stand-up comedian like Holloway, you mean?! I think I'd be the same if I was in Lee Clark's shoes right now. And fair play to him. His pre-match interviews said he had no problem with Watford, and he was balanced and well-informed in his views. Unlike someone else, who benefited (once again) from a sold player and a Watford old boy (on loan) yesterday... mellow yellow
  • Score: 0

10:24am Sun 17 Feb 13

JohnnyHornet says...

jalvin wrote:
Well he's a barrel of laughs.
But fair play to a manager that's just been stuffed and potentially gonna get the bullet, for not jumping on the misguided bandwagon and aiming the barrel exactly where it should be aimed the FL
[quote][p][bold]jalvin[/bold] wrote: Well he's a barrel of laughs.[/p][/quote]But fair play to a manager that's just been stuffed and potentially gonna get the bullet, for not jumping on the misguided bandwagon and aiming the barrel exactly where it should be aimed the FL JohnnyHornet
  • Score: 0

10:45am Sun 17 Feb 13

The BestTrip2011 says...

Yes fair pay to him though you won't find many Brum fans with very nice things to say about him right now! I think the man has integrity for dropping Zigic who pretty much refused to participate in training last week. Zigic earns £60k a week btw.
Either way Clark will probably get the bullet if they can't beat Sheffield Weds in the week.
And the fact of the matter is...no-one would give two hoots about our foreign loanees if we weren't doing so well. If people are genuinely worried that so many foreign 'imports' deprive homegrown youngsters just take a look at Newcastle and count how many homegrowns you see there!
Others are jealous of our success and they wish they were in our position...simple as.
Yes fair pay to him though you won't find many Brum fans with very nice things to say about him right now! I think the man has integrity for dropping Zigic who pretty much refused to participate in training last week. Zigic earns £60k a week btw. Either way Clark will probably get the bullet if they can't beat Sheffield Weds in the week. And the fact of the matter is...no-one would give two hoots about our foreign loanees if we weren't doing so well. If people are genuinely worried that so many foreign 'imports' deprive homegrown youngsters just take a look at Newcastle and count how many homegrowns you see there! Others are jealous of our success and they wish they were in our position...simple as. The BestTrip2011
  • Score: 0

11:13am Sun 17 Feb 13

CARDIFFHORN says...

Exactly we haven't broke any rules!! The word loophole is wrong. It's been said many times on this website but would all the knockers be on the case if we near the bottom of the league!
Exactly we haven't broke any rules!! The word loophole is wrong. It's been said many times on this website but would all the knockers be on the case if we near the bottom of the league! CARDIFFHORN
  • Score: 0

12:09pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Bringe says...

Lee Clark should carry a heath warning ,,,
Now where did I put those anti-depressants?
Lee Clark should carry a heath warning ,,, Now where did I put those anti-depressants? Bringe
  • Score: 0

12:39pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Mangoputney says...

Fair play to him - bet he wishes he had our luxuries as opposed to £50k a week rags which he's inherited!
Fair play to him - bet he wishes he had our luxuries as opposed to £50k a week rags which he's inherited! Mangoputney
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Sun 17 Feb 13

peter10531089 says...

Fair play Lee Clark, when will people realise there is a fundamental difference between foreign and domestic loans reason being is if say Leicester had a surplus of players and leant them to Wolves then they would play those loan players against Leicesters rivals and not be able to against Leicester (and of course would not want to). This is a very straight forward conflict of interests and this loans are restricted in number. There is o such conflict for foreign loans. This has been this the case for decades on the continent and I would be surprised if the league are able to change it via UEFA, FIFA or the EU employment law as it amounts to restraint of trade.

I used to quite like Holloway and hate Palace now i am able to hate both again! Happy days!
Fair play Lee Clark, when will people realise there is a fundamental difference between foreign and domestic loans reason being is if say Leicester had a surplus of players and leant them to Wolves then they would play those loan players against Leicesters rivals and not be able to against Leicester (and of course would not want to). This is a very straight forward conflict of interests and this loans are restricted in number. There is o such conflict for foreign loans. This has been this the case for decades on the continent and I would be surprised if the league are able to change it via UEFA, FIFA or the EU employment law as it amounts to restraint of trade. I used to quite like Holloway and hate Palace now i am able to hate both again! Happy days! peter10531089
  • Score: 0

4:01pm Sun 17 Feb 13

bushey tales says...

Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game.
Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game. bushey tales
  • Score: 0

4:36pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Eastsussexhornet says...

bushey tales wrote:
Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game.
There are rules and there are loopholes. It doesn't really matter about the definition of "loophole" because this isn't one. We're not "utilising" anything. We're just abiding by the rules.
[quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game.[/p][/quote]There are rules and there are loopholes. It doesn't really matter about the definition of "loophole" because this isn't one. We're not "utilising" anything. We're just abiding by the rules. Eastsussexhornet
  • Score: 0

5:42pm Sun 17 Feb 13

bushey tales says...

On the contrary. We're cleverly utilising a poorly-written, ill-considered rule. As you say, we're absolutely abiding by the rules. It's just that those responsible for drafting the rules didn't think through the implications of the rules they were drafting. Because they weren't very imaginative. The funniest result would surely be if the Football League rewrote their rule book to stop anybody else 'exploiting the loophole'......just as we were promoted to the Prem, who of course have an entirely different set of rules. I think we'd all settle for that outcome.
On the contrary. We're cleverly utilising a poorly-written, ill-considered rule. As you say, we're absolutely abiding by the rules. It's just that those responsible for drafting the rules didn't think through the implications of the rules they were drafting. Because they weren't very imaginative. The funniest result would surely be if the Football League rewrote their rule book to stop anybody else 'exploiting the loophole'......just as we were promoted to the Prem, who of course have an entirely different set of rules. I think we'd all settle for that outcome. bushey tales
  • Score: 0

6:29pm Sun 17 Feb 13

lutondown says...

bushey tales wrote:
On the contrary. We're cleverly utilising a poorly-written, ill-considered rule. As you say, we're absolutely abiding by the rules. It's just that those responsible for drafting the rules didn't think through the implications of the rules they were drafting. Because they weren't very imaginative. The funniest result would surely be if the Football League rewrote their rule book to stop anybody else 'exploiting the loophole'......just as we were promoted to the Prem, who of course have an entirely different set of rules. I think we'd all settle for that outcome.
Shouldn't you be on the Burnley web site?
It's perfectly legal at the moment to loan as many foreign players as we have, it's not sidestepping a rule, so I disagree, it is not a loophole. It's become one because people like you and our meany enemies keep utilising the word.
Anyway, I'd rather have Clarkes gracious monolouge than that nasty little wannabe comic poisoned dwarf ollyisms. Blokes illiterate at best
[quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: On the contrary. We're cleverly utilising a poorly-written, ill-considered rule. As you say, we're absolutely abiding by the rules. It's just that those responsible for drafting the rules didn't think through the implications of the rules they were drafting. Because they weren't very imaginative. The funniest result would surely be if the Football League rewrote their rule book to stop anybody else 'exploiting the loophole'......just as we were promoted to the Prem, who of course have an entirely different set of rules. I think we'd all settle for that outcome.[/p][/quote]Shouldn't you be on the Burnley web site? It's perfectly legal at the moment to loan as many foreign players as we have, it's not sidestepping a rule, so I disagree, it is not a loophole. It's become one because people like you and our meany enemies keep utilising the word. Anyway, I'd rather have Clarkes gracious monolouge than that nasty little wannabe comic poisoned dwarf ollyisms. Blokes illiterate at best lutondown
  • Score: 0

7:12pm Sun 17 Feb 13

bushey tales says...

I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.
I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit. bushey tales
  • Score: 0

7:47pm Sun 17 Feb 13

JohnnyHornet says...

bushey tales wrote:
I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.
Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley !
[quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.[/p][/quote]Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley ! JohnnyHornet
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Travelling Hornet says...

bushey tales wrote:
Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game.
How can you say Duxbury and Nani have identified a loophole, when Granada did the self same thing by having a large influx of players from Udinese a few years ago?
[quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game.[/p][/quote]How can you say Duxbury and Nani have identified a loophole, when Granada did the self same thing by having a large influx of players from Udinese a few years ago? Travelling Hornet
  • Score: 0

8:19pm Sun 17 Feb 13

DuffmanWFC says...

Don't know how all you guys find it but other clubs that moan about our loans are just stupid!
No rules broken mean its perfectly acceptable! They are just jealous that we've found a successful business model... Fact!
There has never been a rule for any club in the league to not do what we have done! Fact
Holloway **** like a spoilt little brat but the fact of the matter is we both finished the game with the same amount of loans! Fact
So what if we have some foreigners play.. It's EU and fair employment legislation! Fact
It's not like we play 11 non GB/Irish players... Arsenal? Fact
Realistically it's only Abdi, Vydra, Ekstrand, Cassetti and Pudil that play regular and Chaloboah is from Chelsea! Fact
Hall, Hoban, Almunia, Deeney, Doyley, Nosworthy, Murray, Smith, Eustace, Yeates are all classed as home grown!
There are always things in football that happen that are apparently unfair on others however I find our unexcepable behaviour well well well down that list of unfair things!
Don't know how all you guys find it but other clubs that moan about our loans are just stupid! No rules broken mean its perfectly acceptable! They are just jealous that we've found a successful business model... Fact! There has never been a rule for any club in the league to not do what we have done! Fact Holloway **** like a spoilt little brat but the fact of the matter is we both finished the game with the same amount of loans! Fact So what if we have some foreigners play.. It's EU and fair employment legislation! Fact It's not like we play 11 non GB/Irish players... Arsenal? Fact Realistically it's only Abdi, Vydra, Ekstrand, Cassetti and Pudil that play regular and Chaloboah is from Chelsea! Fact Hall, Hoban, Almunia, Deeney, Doyley, Nosworthy, Murray, Smith, Eustace, Yeates are all classed as home grown! There are always things in football that happen that are apparently unfair on others however I find our unexcepable behaviour well well well down that list of unfair things! DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

8:24pm Sun 17 Feb 13

DuffmanWFC says...

The stars are the word bicthes lol
The stars are the word bicthes lol DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

8:56pm Sun 17 Feb 13

francowatford says...

this is the song they should play before and at half time...http://www.yo
utube.com/watch?v=SC
dGa-jE5I8


Who Let the Orns Out....Ska music. I've been banging on about his for the last year . tell me what your think..
this is the song they should play before and at half time...http://www.yo utube.com/watch?v=SC dGa-jE5I8 Who Let the Orns Out....Ska music. I've been banging on about his for the last year . tell me what your think.. francowatford
  • Score: 0

9:31pm Sun 17 Feb 13

DuffmanWFC says...

Definitely think cold plays "yellow" can be tailored to us but sometimes trying to re jig pop songs are hard as they can be long winded!
For it to be successful a chant/song needs to be simple, that way more will join in!
I'm up for anything but maybe for now just getting back to simple and prolonged renditions of yellow army, Watford till I die, we're the horns, gianfranco zolas yellow army etc etc is the way forward! We need to be singing the same song for longer then a minute before stopping! These songs are easily continued.
Definitely think cold plays "yellow" can be tailored to us but sometimes trying to re jig pop songs are hard as they can be long winded! For it to be successful a chant/song needs to be simple, that way more will join in! I'm up for anything but maybe for now just getting back to simple and prolonged renditions of yellow army, Watford till I die, we're the horns, gianfranco zolas yellow army etc etc is the way forward! We need to be singing the same song for longer then a minute before stopping! These songs are easily continued. DuffmanWFC
  • Score: 0

9:53pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Mangoputney says...

Holly68 wrote:
"Yellow"

Verse 1 :

See Watford's stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
We are all yellow.

Verse 2 :

We come along,
We sing this song for you,
And all the things you do,
We are all "Yellow".

Verse 3 :

Your skills,
Oh yeah your skill and goals,
Turn in,
to something beautiful,
You know,
you know I love you so,
You know I love you soo ...
The magical mystery tour is coming to take Paul away!
[quote][p][bold]Holly68[/bold] wrote: "Yellow" Verse 1 : See Watford's stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, We are all yellow. Verse 2 : We come along, We sing this song for you, And all the things you do, We are all "Yellow". Verse 3 : Your skills, Oh yeah your skill and goals, Turn in, to something beautiful, You know, you know I love you so, You know I love you soo ...[/p][/quote]The magical mystery tour is coming to take Paul away! Mangoputney
  • Score: 0

9:55pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Mangoputney says...

JohnnyHornet wrote:
bushey tales wrote:
I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.
Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley !
You are right It must have been Lutondown who thew the coin at him & not a dingle.
[quote][p][bold]JohnnyHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.[/p][/quote]Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley ![/p][/quote]You are right It must have been Lutondown who thew the coin at him & not a dingle. Mangoputney
  • Score: 0

9:56pm Sun 17 Feb 13

D.unstable says...

JohnnyHornet wrote:
bushey tales wrote:
I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.
Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley !
In the 'old' standing Rookery I used to get hit by coins, batteries etc every week, if you were lucky you'd pick up enough to pay for the next home game.

Who remembers the mesh divide they put up in the middle, must have been in the early 80's....Hemel, Abbotts, South Oxhey in their little groups, then Billy Cadealy leading the singing from the front with snot running down his face, the good old days!!!

But they are coming back again.....
[quote][p][bold]JohnnyHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.[/p][/quote]Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley ![/p][/quote]In the 'old' standing Rookery I used to get hit by coins, batteries etc every week, if you were lucky you'd pick up enough to pay for the next home game. Who remembers the mesh divide they put up in the middle, must have been in the early 80's....Hemel, Abbotts, South Oxhey in their little groups, then Billy Cadealy leading the singing from the front with snot running down his face, the good old days!!! But they are coming back again..... D.unstable
  • Score: 0

10:42pm Sun 17 Feb 13

Holly68 says...

D.unstable wrote:
JohnnyHornet wrote:
bushey tales wrote:
I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.
Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley !
In the 'old' standing Rookery I used to get hit by coins, batteries etc every week, if you were lucky you'd pick up enough to pay for the next home game.

Who remembers the mesh divide they put up in the middle, must have been in the early 80's....Hemel, Abbotts, South Oxhey in their little groups, then Billy Cadealy leading the singing from the front with snot running down his face, the good old days!!!

But they are coming back again.....
I was in the rookery in those days. Leicester used to throw batteries.... Remember when 3 Leicester scaled the back wall of the rookery to get to Watford side. coins, batteries, umbrellas, yogurts, shoe, think I got hit by it all
[quote][p][bold]D.unstable[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JohnnyHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: I don't like Burnley. I've seen the Horns on 102 league grounds and Turf Moor's the only one where I've been hit by a coin. It's OK though - I don't expect sympathy from you! And I agree, while Lee Clark is not a man with whom you'd choose to share a camping holiday, he'd certainly be a better companion than that Bristolian half-wit.[/p][/quote]Since when have they had money to throw away in Burnley ![/p][/quote]In the 'old' standing Rookery I used to get hit by coins, batteries etc every week, if you were lucky you'd pick up enough to pay for the next home game. Who remembers the mesh divide they put up in the middle, must have been in the early 80's....Hemel, Abbotts, South Oxhey in their little groups, then Billy Cadealy leading the singing from the front with snot running down his face, the good old days!!! But they are coming back again.....[/p][/quote]I was in the rookery in those days. Leicester used to throw batteries.... Remember when 3 Leicester scaled the back wall of the rookery to get to Watford side. coins, batteries, umbrellas, yogurts, shoe, think I got hit by it all Holly68
  • Score: 0

11:49pm Sun 17 Feb 13

bushey tales says...

I got hit by a snowball, thrown from a long way away, at Highfield Road during that Cup-tie when Coton was unbelievable and Trevor Senior scored by accident. That hurt - the snowball I mean, not Big Trev. But the coin at Burnley, predictably enough, was only a 10p.
I got hit by a snowball, thrown from a long way away, at Highfield Road during that Cup-tie when Coton was unbelievable and Trevor Senior scored by accident. That hurt - the snowball I mean, not Big Trev. But the coin at Burnley, predictably enough, was only a 10p. bushey tales
  • Score: 0

12:08am Mon 18 Feb 13

Bush Hornet says...

Evening all.

Back to the subject... Lee Clark is a dignified man with a sharper mind than that ridiculous Palace jester. Shame for Clark he's on a sinking brummie ship.

We are all yellow!

Only downside yesterday was red shorts.
Evening all. Back to the subject... Lee Clark is a dignified man with a sharper mind than that ridiculous Palace jester. Shame for Clark he's on a sinking brummie ship. We are all yellow! Only downside yesterday was red shorts. Bush Hornet
  • Score: 0

8:16am Mon 18 Feb 13

mellow yellow says...

We used to play "Yellow" all the time at the Vic when the song first came out. I remember saying that to the parents of the Coldplay drummer when we saw them in Brixton when "Parachutes" was released. They weren't too impressed, seeing as they support Southampton!

As for the Ska track, I'm pretty sure that was by the Shrodells, and done in time for the Wembley 99 final. Yes, why don't we play that. Can't beat a bit of ska.
We used to play "Yellow" all the time at the Vic when the song first came out. I remember saying that to the parents of the Coldplay drummer when we saw them in Brixton when "Parachutes" was released. They weren't too impressed, seeing as they support Southampton! As for the Ska track, I'm pretty sure that was by the Shrodells, and done in time for the Wembley 99 final. Yes, why don't we play that. Can't beat a bit of ska. mellow yellow
  • Score: 0

12:46pm Mon 18 Feb 13

Harry's Bar says...

Eastsussexhornet wrote:
bushey tales wrote: Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game.
There are rules and there are loopholes. It doesn't really matter about the definition of "loophole" because this isn't one. We're not "utilising" anything. We're just abiding by the rules.
Agree with you East Sussex. We aren't circumventing the rules so are not utilising a loophole.
[quote][p][bold]Eastsussexhornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bushey tales[/bold] wrote: Some people on here seem to be struggling with the definition of a loophole. One or two have even suggested 'it can't be a loophole because it's legal.' That's exactly the point - identifying and exploiting a loophole, as Duxbury and Co have done at The Vic, is entirely legal. Here's a decent business definition of a loophole......'A person or company utilising a loophole is not considered to be breaking the law, but circumventing it in a way that was not intended by the regulators or legislators that put the law or restriction into place. Most loopholes will close in time, as those who have the power to do so rewrite the rules to cut off the opportunity for loophole advantage.' Which is precisely what will happen in this instance - too late to stop the Pozzo's but soon enough to stop others trying to repeat the trick. In other words, we've beaten the game.[/p][/quote]There are rules and there are loopholes. It doesn't really matter about the definition of "loophole" because this isn't one. We're not "utilising" anything. We're just abiding by the rules.[/p][/quote]Agree with you East Sussex. We aren't circumventing the rules so are not utilising a loophole. Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

12:56pm Mon 18 Feb 13

Harry's Bar says...

Bush Hornet wrote:
Evening all. Back to the subject... Lee Clark is a dignified man with a sharper mind than that ridiculous Palace jester. Shame for Clark he's on a sinking brummie ship. We are all yellow! Only downside yesterday was red shorts.
Yes, why doesn't that West Country throbber go back to live with his straw chewing, carrot crunching, swede bashing mates on the cider farm. And take your stupid hat and red gloves with you!
[quote][p][bold]Bush Hornet[/bold] wrote: Evening all. Back to the subject... Lee Clark is a dignified man with a sharper mind than that ridiculous Palace jester. Shame for Clark he's on a sinking brummie ship. We are all yellow! Only downside yesterday was red shorts.[/p][/quote]Yes, why doesn't that West Country throbber go back to live with his straw chewing, carrot crunching, swede bashing mates on the cider farm. And take your stupid hat and red gloves with you! Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

1:29pm Mon 18 Feb 13

watfordal says...

Boring....especially after the opening tag........."wouldn'
t want to be in Clark's shoes." The comedy cafe beckons.
Heard Steve Bruce going on about getting 2 Egyptian internationals in on loan......not a problem. Also heard him say 7 more wins would get them into the Prem.............er not if we win 9 sunshine. Go on Steve, keep talking your team......
Boring....especially after the opening tag........."wouldn' t want to be in Clark's shoes." The comedy cafe beckons. Heard Steve Bruce going on about getting 2 Egyptian internationals in on loan......not a problem. Also heard him say 7 more wins would get them into the Prem.............er not if we win 9 sunshine. Go on Steve, keep talking your team...... watfordal
  • Score: 0

9:42pm Mon 18 Feb 13

kingofpop says...

The football league show like the term "loophole" and it is not a term that sits well with me for obvious reasons. As ever nobody mentions how much some of the teams around us have spent, as far as i know our most expensive player is Deeney at £500k, yet others clubs have players purchased for 3/4 times that easily....not to mention salaries of 20-30k easily...but its not fair wehave got a load of loans!!
The football league show like the term "loophole" and it is not a term that sits well with me for obvious reasons. As ever nobody mentions how much some of the teams around us have spent, as far as i know our most expensive player is Deeney at £500k, yet others clubs have players purchased for 3/4 times that easily....not to mention salaries of 20-30k easily...but its not fair wehave got a load of loans!! kingofpop
  • Score: 0

12:24pm Tue 19 Feb 13

Harry's Bar says...

kingofpop wrote:
The football league show like the term "loophole" and it is not a term that sits well with me for obvious reasons. As ever nobody mentions how much some of the teams around us have spent, as far as i know our most expensive player is Deeney at £500k, yet others clubs have players purchased for 3/4 times that easily....not to mention salaries of 20-30k easily...but its not fair wehave got a load of loans!!
Manish was on about it again on Saturday. What was it..... "credit to the Hornets I suppose, they have exploited a loophole".... Tool!
[quote][p][bold]kingofpop[/bold] wrote: The football league show like the term "loophole" and it is not a term that sits well with me for obvious reasons. As ever nobody mentions how much some of the teams around us have spent, as far as i know our most expensive player is Deeney at £500k, yet others clubs have players purchased for 3/4 times that easily....not to mention salaries of 20-30k easily...but its not fair wehave got a load of loans!![/p][/quote]Manish was on about it again on Saturday. What was it..... "credit to the Hornets I suppose, they have exploited a loophole".... Tool! Harry's Bar
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree