Turner Trophies Challenge Cup Round Three

Oxhey Jets Vets were knocked out of a major cup competition for the second week running after they suffered a shock 4-0 defeat at fourth division Rickmansworth Rovers.

Harry Wallace, S Adams, Adam Seabrook and Thomas Gibson scored the goals which sunk the Division Two side.

WSFL Junior Cup Round Two

Woodlands United produced a gallant effort to try and beat top junior club Evergreen but lost out by the odd goal in three.

Ollie Weston and Rhys Barker were on target for the Division Three high-flyers, with Craig Hepworth netting for Woodlands.

Premier Division

All four matches in the top flight ended in surprise results, none more so than bottom side FC Crescent handing out a 5-1 hiding to third-placed Hammer.

Luke Beardsworth and Liam Hanley were in fine form in front of goal, netting a brace apiece, with Tom Devereux also on target.

Mark Hansard scored for the outplayed Hammer, who have lost ground in the tussle for a title challenge.

Championship favourites Oakview were beaten at home by chief rivals Bushey 3-2 thanks to strikes from Daryl Brown, Ashley Dunne-Watts and Ashley Harewood. Lee Armitt and Ben Alexander replied.

In the chase for the minor places, Croxley Green Community Centre enjoyed a 3-2 victory over St Josephs, who had Jack Brown on target twice.

A much-improved Wellington Arms had a great 5-1 win over Gadeside Rangers to improve their bid to get away from the bottom of the division.

Their scorers were Mark Richards, Simeon Armstrong, George Baker, Danny Tearle and Ross Shorto, with Tariq Khan netting Gadeside's consolation.

Division One

Leaders West Herts were beaten 2-0 by an improving Rifle Volunteer to leave a dent in their title quest.

The Stags were unable to convert three good chances in the first half and keeper Martin Richardson ensured a 0-0 score at the break with a superb save from a free-kick late on.

Alec Gediking did the damage with a goal at the beginning and the end of the second period to allow Rifle to move within four points of the leaders.

AFC Spartians are only a point behind in second though - and have three games in hand - after a 5-0 victory at Green Dragon, with Tom Duncan, Liam Stapleton, Tony Cornick and two-goal Tom Horton netting.

Mill End Sports won 2-0 against Chorleywood Club, while Old Garston Juniors kept just ahead of the strugglers with a 5-2 triumph at Langleybury Cricket Club.

Sham Patel and Matty Hehir both netted a brace for the victors, with Metin Muztuccari also scoring, while Oliver Highfield and Charlie Munro struck for Bury.

Division Two

Bushey Bimecc finally regained top spot after a very tight contest against previous leaders Old Fullerians by the odd goal in five thanks to efforts from two-goal Paul Kenwright and Tom Bimbashi against goals from Niall Leung and Dan Woosley.

Sun Postal Sports continued their fine form with a 2-1 win at Hammer Reserves to go third through a Nicky Thomas brace. Henry Peters scored for Hammer.

Wellington Arms Reserves couldn't emulate their first team with a victory and were well beaten 4-1 at home by Victoria, whose marksman Rob Sterry claimed all four goals for a man-of-the-match performance. Dave Purne hit Welly's consolation.

Division Three

Ebury Guild produced probably their best performance of the season when comprehensively beating league leaders Shenley Wood 3-0.

This match was vital for both teams in terms of their promotion aspirations but Ebury were 2-0 up by the break thanks to Ollie Edwards' sweet strike from the edge of the box and an opportunistic Dan Pippin header.

James O'Connell completed the scoring 15 minutes from time to close the gap on Shenley to two points.

AFC Oddfellows moved into second place, winning 2-0 at Railway Arms through Connor Flanagan and Dale Freeman, but third-placed Evergreen will remain confident over their title prospects as they have five games in hand on the top two.

Hertsmere (Sunday) struggled to get the better of Sun Postal United 3-2, with John Heyfron, Olu Adekoya, James Haighs netting against goals from Graham Driscoll and Ryan Yule.

Oxhey Estates Reserves had an easy 4-0 victory over local rivals The Pavillion as Paul Danslow and Sam Addinall struck two apiece.

Division Four

Oxhey Lions maintained their grip on top spot with a 3-1 away win at Gadeside Rangers Reserves.

Ben Woodman, Gavin Shepherd and Ollie Brinton securing the win, while Jaoa Ribiero scored Gadeside's consolation.

Green Dragon Reserves (Tony Browne) drew 1-1 against AFC Bushey Reserves (Rob Simmons), while Rickmansworth Athletic beat West Watford by the odd goal in five through Simon Lee (2) and Shane Kitts.

Racing Santandome were leading West Herts Reserves 3-2 when the match had to be abandoned after 55 minutes due to a serious player injury.