The latest round-up of the action from the Spartan South Midlands League

Oxhey Jets are through to the second round of the South Midlands Floodlit Cup after they claimed a 3-2 win at home to Royston Town on Tuesday.

Jets applied themselves well in the opening period and were unfortunate to go behind when Mitch Bryant converted a clever pull back.

But it took the home side just 60 seconds to draw level. The ball broke to Karl Bull on the edge of the area and he thumped his shot into the net.

The game was level at the interval but Jets went ahead five minutes after the restart as Jamie Moran lashed his shot from 25 yards past the Royston goalkeeper.

Again the lead was short-lived and Carl Edwards found the net for Town to equalise.

Both teams could have found the winner but it went to Jets as Luke Beardsworth fired home from an acute angle.

Jets were in Premier Division action on Saturday and were beaten 4-3 by Stotfold. Ryan O’Sullivan, Adam Lowton and Simeon Armstrong netted but it wasn’t enough for Oxhey.

Berkhamsted exited the Herts Senior Cup on Tuesday as a battling display wasn’t enough to avoid a 3-2 defeat against Boreham Wood.

Austin Lipman had put Wood ahead but James Towell equalised following good work from Ed Canham.

Another Lipman goal re-established the visitors lead and Tony Jeffery added the visitors’ third just after the restart.

Berko batted back and Towell grabbed his second of the evening as intercepted a pass and finished well.

The hosts worked hard to try and level the game but Wood held on to seal victory.

In Premier Division action on Saturday, two goals in two minutes helped Berko defeat Hertford Town 2-0.

Jamie Gavin headed his effort inside the post from a Josh Chamberlain free kick and moments later Jordon Frederick fired past Harry Ricketts.

Tring Athletic exited the Herts Senior Cup on Tuesday as they were beaten 4-0 by Stevenage who had Rory Dean, Dean Parrett, Greg Tansley and Jordan Burrow on the scoresheet.

Athletic didn’t fare any better in Premier Division action on Saturday as they lost 2-1 against Hanwell Town.

A brace from Billy Healy put Hanwell in front and Chris Salmon’s strike for Tring was only a consolation.

Kings Langley are fourth in Division One and they were in fine form at the weekend as they thrashed Arlesey Town Reserves 5-0.

It took such six minutes for Kings to break the deadlock as Paul Insley tapped them ahead following Alex Campana’s mazy run and cross.

The advantage was soon doubled as Adam Hallissey finished after good work by Insley. There were two further goals before the break as Gary Connolly converted a penalty and Campana rounded the goalkeeper before slotting in.

With the game effectively over at the break, Langley eased off in the second period but did add a fifth when Lewis Pritchard finished well.


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree