The latest round-up of the action from Watford's Olympian League

Herts Sunday Junior Cup Round Four

The league's sole remaining team in the Junior County Cup, Hertfordshire Lions, made it through to the last 16 following a 2-1 away win over Potten End.

Lions went ahead after five minutes when Jack Middleton headed in from a corner and second followed after half-an-hour from Tom Weaver after Carl Biggs forced the Potten keeper into a mistake.

Potten pulled a goal back before half-time, but in the second period the home side were reduced to ten men when a player was sent off for simulation and Lions held on comfortably for the victory.

They will now face Watford Sunday League side Shenley Wood on January 5 for a place in the quarter-finals.

Premier Division

Tudor Arms are back at the summit following a 4-0 win over bottom-placed Kings Langley after Reed Rangers' game with Old Danes Athletic was called off.

Arms took the lead with an early goal from James Roope and it remained that way until the break as the leaders failed to translate their dominance into further goals.

Tudor finally broke through Langley’s stubborn resistance when an excellent team goal finished by Tom Inch doubled the lead. That was soon followed by a free-kick from Ian Hurst to make it 3-0 before Roope completed the scoring in the final five minutes.

Headstone Athletic enjoyed a 5-2 win over Bovingdon AFC.

Marc Gibbs headed Headstone ahead before Bovingdon equalised through Tommy Gray’s well-taken goal. But Athletic struck a further three times in the first half through a double from Terry Flaherty and a single from Pete Owen.

Both sides scored a goal each in the second half with Shiva Kurup finding the net for Headstone and Matt McMahon for their opponents.

Division One

Brookside took the chance to cut Hertfordshire Lions' lead the top of the table to just three points after a 7-0 win over nine-man WD Athletic.

Marc Horn scored the first goal of his hat-trick in the first minute of the match with the others coming from a Jack White brace and singles from Ashley Coleman and Barrie Horn.

FC Revolution's good league form continued with a 3-2 victory over Woodlands United.

James Brophy scored to give Woodlands the lead after ten minutes but Adam Rawlings netted a hat-trick, including two goals late in the first half, to put his side fully in charge of the match.

Brophy did score his second of the game late on it was two late for the home side.

Another side in form are Meriden Ballers, who enjoyed a 4-0 success against Radlett Road.

Anthony Williams gave Meriden the lead after six minutes, but it took until seven minutes into the second half to double the tally through Daps Joshua. Two further goals arrived in the final six minutes through Jamie Seabrook and Tom Dettmer.

Cassiobury Revolution had a 3-1 away win over Colne Valley Reserves.

Andy McKenzie-Bell scored for the home side, with the Cassiobury goals coming from Paul Coleman, Rob Dilkes and Paul Shelock.

Watford Labour Club defeated Roundbush 6-1 to leave them firmly anchored to the foot of the table.

John Barker scored a brace with Charles Linsley, Paul Dennis, Carl Conibere and Stuart White the Labour target men. Rob Hales got the Bush goal.

Inter and Dynamo Croxley battled out a goalless stalemate.


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree