Reading and Watford agree compensation fee for Uche Ikpeazu

Watford Observer: Uche Ikpeazu has yet to make his Watford debut. Picture: HOLLY CANT Uche Ikpeazu has yet to make his Watford debut. Picture: HOLLY CANT

The Hornets and Reading have agreed a compensation fee for striker Uche Ikpeazu after months of talks, the Watford Observer understands.

The new EPPP compensation system has yet to be launched which means Watford and The Royals would have been set for a tribunal had they failed to reach an agreement over the fee for the 18-year-old.

It is understood the clubs will not disclose the figure when an announcement is made.

Reading were disappointed to see Ikpeazu leave in the summer after he ended last season as the top scorer in the country at academy level with 28 goals in as many games.

However, Ikpeazu is yet to make his first team debut and currently finds himself behind Troy Deeney, Mathias Ranegie, Fernando Forestieri and Diego Fabbrini when it comes to Watford's two attacking positions, with academy graduate Bernard Mensah, who made his debut in November, another first-year professional challenging.

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:49pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Hampshire hornet says...

Get him playing Saturday to really rub it in....
Get him playing Saturday to really rub it in.... Hampshire hornet

12:49pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Harry's Bar says...

So presumably there never was a contract stipulating an additional fee if Ikpeazu plays for the first team this season.
So presumably there never was a contract stipulating an additional fee if Ikpeazu plays for the first team this season. Harry's Bar

12:53pm Wed 8 Jan 14

AngelHornet says...

Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace! AngelHornet

12:58pm Wed 8 Jan 14

jasonwatford says...

AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
[quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other jasonwatford

12:59pm Wed 8 Jan 14

stevyweavy says...

May explain why he has not been given any first team playing time as yet. They probably didn't want to give any reason for Reading to demand more than they were wanting to pay. Will be interesting if he now starts getting some game time.
May explain why he has not been given any first team playing time as yet. They probably didn't want to give any reason for Reading to demand more than they were wanting to pay. Will be interesting if he now starts getting some game time. stevyweavy

1:02pm Wed 8 Jan 14

soulfulhornet says...

Now Ranegie arrived, I'd be surprised if we had two big strikers in the 18 for Reading. I think it is most likely he will go out on loan, as at present we have 7 strikers on the books including Mensah and Ikpeazu. If not, might be on the bench for FA Cup replay.

No mention of Acuna in this piece from Frank re strikers Uche is behind , does that mean he has already left the club ?
Now Ranegie arrived, I'd be surprised if we had two big strikers in the 18 for Reading. I think it is most likely he will go out on loan, as at present we have 7 strikers on the books including Mensah and Ikpeazu. If not, might be on the bench for FA Cup replay. No mention of Acuna in this piece from Frank re strikers Uche is behind , does that mean he has already left the club ? soulfulhornet

1:09pm Wed 8 Jan 14

jasonwatford says...

soulfulhornet wrote:
Now Ranegie arrived, I'd be surprised if we had two big strikers in the 18 for Reading. I think it is most likely he will go out on loan, as at present we have 7 strikers on the books including Mensah and Ikpeazu. If not, might be on the bench for FA Cup replay.

No mention of Acuna in this piece from Frank re strikers Uche is behind , does that mean he has already left the club ?
Yes gone back to Italy to sort out his move
[quote][p][bold]soulfulhornet[/bold] wrote: Now Ranegie arrived, I'd be surprised if we had two big strikers in the 18 for Reading. I think it is most likely he will go out on loan, as at present we have 7 strikers on the books including Mensah and Ikpeazu. If not, might be on the bench for FA Cup replay. No mention of Acuna in this piece from Frank re strikers Uche is behind , does that mean he has already left the club ?[/p][/quote]Yes gone back to Italy to sort out his move jasonwatford

1:11pm Wed 8 Jan 14

AngelHornet says...

jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity
.com/en-gb/2013/01/0
8/mn-remember-the-na
me-uche-ikpeazu-read
ing-fcs-very-own-fut
ure-dr/
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/ AngelHornet

1:14pm Wed 8 Jan 14

jasonwatford says...

AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity

.com/en-gb/2013/01/0

8/mn-remember-the-na

me-uche-ikpeazu-read

ing-fcs-very-own-fut

ure-dr/
I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men
[quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/[/p][/quote]I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men jasonwatford

1:29pm Wed 8 Jan 14

AngelHornet says...

jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity


.com/en-gb/2013/01/0


8/mn-remember-the-na


me-uche-ikpeazu-read


ing-fcs-very-own-fut


ure-dr/
I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men
So are you saying he is no quicker than for example Deeney?
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/[/p][/quote]I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men[/p][/quote]So are you saying he is no quicker than for example Deeney? AngelHornet

1:53pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Mickey Quinn, not so thin says...

Need to think what's best for his and Mensah's development. With no decent reserve matches, they either need to be getting some time on the pitch at 1st team level, or getting some league experience on loan at Div1 or 2 level, maybe with an instant recall clause.
Wonder why he left Reading ? An independent observer would think they had the better facilities and immediate prospects and he'd obviously developed well there....
Need to think what's best for his and Mensah's development. With no decent reserve matches, they either need to be getting some time on the pitch at 1st team level, or getting some league experience on loan at Div1 or 2 level, maybe with an instant recall clause. Wonder why he left Reading ? An independent observer would think they had the better facilities and immediate prospects and he'd obviously developed well there.... Mickey Quinn, not so thin

2:06pm Wed 8 Jan 14

jasonwatford says...

AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity



.com/en-gb/2013/01/0



8/mn-remember-the-na



me-uche-ikpeazu-read



ing-fcs-very-own-fut



ure-dr/
I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men
So are you saying he is no quicker than for example Deeney?
Yes...He is no Anya...Vydra...He is no speed merchant
[quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/[/p][/quote]I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men[/p][/quote]So are you saying he is no quicker than for example Deeney?[/p][/quote]Yes...He is no Anya...Vydra...He is no speed merchant jasonwatford

2:11pm Wed 8 Jan 14

AngelHornet says...

jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity




.com/en-gb/2013/01/0




8/mn-remember-the-na




me-uche-ikpeazu-read




ing-fcs-very-own-fut




ure-dr/
I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men
So are you saying he is no quicker than for example Deeney?
Yes...He is no Anya...Vydra...He is no speed merchant
That article is incorrect then.

Lets hope he gets a bit of game time, whether with Watford or on loan.
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/[/p][/quote]I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men[/p][/quote]So are you saying he is no quicker than for example Deeney?[/p][/quote]Yes...He is no Anya...Vydra...He is no speed merchant[/p][/quote]That article is incorrect then. Lets hope he gets a bit of game time, whether with Watford or on loan. AngelHornet

2:30pm Wed 8 Jan 14

bigmeuprudeboy says...

Bring him on off the bench for his debut against, im sure he will be well up for it. There must be a reason he wanted to leave, maybe he dislikes Adkins as much as I do?
Bring him on off the bench for his debut against, im sure he will be well up for it. There must be a reason he wanted to leave, maybe he dislikes Adkins as much as I do? bigmeuprudeboy

2:31pm Wed 8 Jan 14

bigmeuprudeboy says...

bigmeuprudeboy wrote:
Bring him on off the bench for his debut against, im sure he will be well up for it. There must be a reason he wanted to leave, maybe he dislikes Adkins as much as I do?
*Against..... Reading


DOH!
[quote][p][bold]bigmeuprudeboy[/bold] wrote: Bring him on off the bench for his debut against, im sure he will be well up for it. There must be a reason he wanted to leave, maybe he dislikes Adkins as much as I do?[/p][/quote]*Against..... Reading DOH! bigmeuprudeboy

2:36pm Wed 8 Jan 14

bigmeuprudeboy says...

jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity


.com/en-gb/2013/01/0


8/mn-remember-the-na


me-uche-ikpeazu-read


ing-fcs-very-own-fut


ure-dr/
I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men
How do you rate him Jase? Is he the next big thing?

Iv never seen him play, is he what you would call in Football/Championshi
p Manager as a 'Wonder kid'?
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/[/p][/quote]I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men[/p][/quote]How do you rate him Jase? Is he the next big thing? Iv never seen him play, is he what you would call in Football/Championshi p Manager as a 'Wonder kid'? bigmeuprudeboy

2:52pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Stoney77 says...

bigmeuprudeboy wrote:
Bring him on off the bench for his debut against, im sure he will be well up for it. There must be a reason he wanted to leave, maybe he dislikes Adkins as much as I do?
Not sure if we'll see him against Reading, much as he'd no doubt be chomping at the bit, as you say, but I would imagine Ranegie will be on the bench. I think we'll see him on the bench against BC, and if we get to 2-0 up midway through the 2nd half hopefully he'll come on.

Heard a lot about him, would love to see him in action
[quote][p][bold]bigmeuprudeboy[/bold] wrote: Bring him on off the bench for his debut against, im sure he will be well up for it. There must be a reason he wanted to leave, maybe he dislikes Adkins as much as I do?[/p][/quote]Not sure if we'll see him against Reading, much as he'd no doubt be chomping at the bit, as you say, but I would imagine Ranegie will be on the bench. I think we'll see him on the bench against BC, and if we get to 2-0 up midway through the 2nd half hopefully he'll come on. Heard a lot about him, would love to see him in action Stoney77

3:15pm Wed 8 Jan 14

jasonwatford says...

bigmeuprudeboy wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity



.com/en-gb/2013/01/0



8/mn-remember-the-na



me-uche-ikpeazu-read



ing-fcs-very-own-fut



ure-dr/
I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men
How do you rate him Jase? Is he the next big thing?

Iv never seen him play, is he what you would call in Football/Championshi

p Manager as a 'Wonder kid'?
He has a lot to do...No doubt his eye for goal but his whole round game needs attention. How many kids score loads at youth level then can't take the next step...Liam Henderson scored for fun as a kid...He looked worse than a sunday league forward on a professional pitch. Next big thing No........Decent player in time Maybe
[quote][p][bold]bigmeuprudeboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/[/p][/quote]I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men[/p][/quote]How do you rate him Jase? Is he the next big thing? Iv never seen him play, is he what you would call in Football/Championshi p Manager as a 'Wonder kid'?[/p][/quote]He has a lot to do...No doubt his eye for goal but his whole round game needs attention. How many kids score loads at youth level then can't take the next step...Liam Henderson scored for fun as a kid...He looked worse than a sunday league forward on a professional pitch. Next big thing No........Decent player in time Maybe jasonwatford

3:45pm Wed 8 Jan 14

lockerbiehornet says...

Mickey Quinn, not so thin wrote:
Need to think what's best for his and Mensah's development. With no decent reserve matches, they either need to be getting some time on the pitch at 1st team level, or getting some league experience on loan at Div1 or 2 level, maybe with an instant recall clause.
Wonder why he left Reading ? An independent observer would think they had the better facilities and immediate prospects and he'd obviously developed well there....
I understand it that he left Reading to improve under the eagle eyes of GFZ but HC and RogerUK but paid to that!!
[quote][p][bold]Mickey Quinn, not so thin[/bold] wrote: Need to think what's best for his and Mensah's development. With no decent reserve matches, they either need to be getting some time on the pitch at 1st team level, or getting some league experience on loan at Div1 or 2 level, maybe with an instant recall clause. Wonder why he left Reading ? An independent observer would think they had the better facilities and immediate prospects and he'd obviously developed well there....[/p][/quote]I understand it that he left Reading to improve under the eagle eyes of GFZ but HC and RogerUK but paid to that!! lockerbiehornet

3:55pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team!
I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team! Hornets number 12 fan

4:33pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Goldenboy1960 says...

Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team!
Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.
[quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team![/p][/quote]Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield. Goldenboy1960

4:35pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Oldhorn says...

jasonwatford wrote:
bigmeuprudeboy wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
AngelHornet wrote:
Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace!
Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other
Read this report from a while back.
http://hereisthecity




.com/en-gb/2013/01/0




8/mn-remember-the-na




me-uche-ikpeazu-read




ing-fcs-very-own-fut




ure-dr/
I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men
How do you rate him Jase? Is he the next big thing?

Iv never seen him play, is he what you would call in Football/Championshi


p Manager as a 'Wonder kid'?
He has a lot to do...No doubt his eye for goal but his whole round game needs attention. How many kids score loads at youth level then can't take the next step...Liam Henderson scored for fun as a kid...He looked worse than a sunday league forward on a professional pitch. Next big thing No........Decent player in time Maybe
Couldn't agree more. Each time I've seen him play, it's clear that he has ability, but I suspect he has a bit of an attitude. Always gets the hump when substituted. I don't mind a bit of passion in players and can understand him not wanting to come off, but I've also seen him spend phases in games telling all the other players what they should have done instead of what they did do. My fear is that your comment about Liam Henderson may be spot on, although I'd love to see him prove me wrong.
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bigmeuprudeboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AngelHornet[/bold] wrote: Hope he's on the bench Saturday. Much needed pace![/p][/quote]Where do you get this pace from ?? He is big...strong...know how to score a goal...but pace.....no more than any other[/p][/quote]Read this report from a while back. http://hereisthecity .com/en-gb/2013/01/0 8/mn-remember-the-na me-uche-ikpeazu-read ing-fcs-very-own-fut ure-dr/[/p][/quote]I can read whatever you put in front of me but I know for real with my own eyes what I have seen. Maybe looks amazing at Academy level but lets give him time to come to terms with playing against men[/p][/quote]How do you rate him Jase? Is he the next big thing? Iv never seen him play, is he what you would call in Football/Championshi p Manager as a 'Wonder kid'?[/p][/quote]He has a lot to do...No doubt his eye for goal but his whole round game needs attention. How many kids score loads at youth level then can't take the next step...Liam Henderson scored for fun as a kid...He looked worse than a sunday league forward on a professional pitch. Next big thing No........Decent player in time Maybe[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more. Each time I've seen him play, it's clear that he has ability, but I suspect he has a bit of an attitude. Always gets the hump when substituted. I don't mind a bit of passion in players and can understand him not wanting to come off, but I've also seen him spend phases in games telling all the other players what they should have done instead of what they did do. My fear is that your comment about Liam Henderson may be spot on, although I'd love to see him prove me wrong. Oldhorn

4:39pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Hampshire hornet says...

Goldenboy1960 wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team!
Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.
Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here?
If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...
[quote][p][bold]Goldenboy1960[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team![/p][/quote]Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.[/p][/quote]Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here? If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading... Hampshire hornet

4:41pm Wed 8 Jan 14

soulfulhornet says...

Those that have seen him play (including the coaches), which excludes me, seem to think he is not yet ready and only has potential at the moment. Slowly but surely would appear sensible, we do not wish to destroy another prospect by premature exposure at Championship level and to the derision that the likes of Hodson received when they were called upon (too) young an age. Give the lad time. Anyway we have enough strikers already, who need to step up to the plate on a regular basis.
Those that have seen him play (including the coaches), which excludes me, seem to think he is not yet ready and only has potential at the moment. Slowly but surely would appear sensible, we do not wish to destroy another prospect by premature exposure at Championship level and to the derision that the likes of Hodson received when they were called upon (too) young an age. Give the lad time. Anyway we have enough strikers already, who need to step up to the plate on a regular basis. soulfulhornet

4:44pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Hampshire hornet says...

Hampshire hornet wrote:
Goldenboy1960 wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team!
Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.
Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here?
If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...
play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that
[quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Goldenboy1960[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team![/p][/quote]Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.[/p][/quote]Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here? If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...[/p][/quote]play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that Hampshire hornet

4:48pm Wed 8 Jan 14

Hampshire hornet says...

Just heard Doyley to Millwall player coach -- that means Uche goes up the striker pecking order
Just heard Doyley to Millwall player coach -- that means Uche goes up the striker pecking order Hampshire hornet

4:50pm Wed 8 Jan 14

jasonwatford says...

Hampshire hornet wrote:
Hampshire hornet wrote:
Goldenboy1960 wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team!
Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.
Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here?
If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...
play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that
Just think Hampshire Hornet some of us might be a little better placed to give opinions rather than what is just reported ? For the 2 you have named there are hundreds that have scored loads at youth level and struggle in real pro football.
[quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Goldenboy1960[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team![/p][/quote]Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.[/p][/quote]Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here? If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...[/p][/quote]play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that[/p][/quote]Just think Hampshire Hornet some of us might be a little better placed to give opinions rather than what is just reported ? For the 2 you have named there are hundreds that have scored loads at youth level and struggle in real pro football. jasonwatford

7:38pm Wed 8 Jan 14

watfordrick says...

jasonwatford wrote:
Hampshire hornet wrote:
Hampshire hornet wrote:
Goldenboy1960 wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team!
Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.
Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here?
If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...
play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that
Just think Hampshire Hornet some of us might be a little better placed to give opinions rather than what is just reported ? For the 2 you have named there are hundreds that have scored loads at youth level and struggle in real pro football.
Yeah Hampshire the Oracle has spoken now shut it!
[quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Goldenboy1960[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team![/p][/quote]Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.[/p][/quote]Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here? If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...[/p][/quote]play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that[/p][/quote]Just think Hampshire Hornet some of us might be a little better placed to give opinions rather than what is just reported ? For the 2 you have named there are hundreds that have scored loads at youth level and struggle in real pro football.[/p][/quote]Yeah Hampshire the Oracle has spoken now shut it! watfordrick

10:11am Thu 9 Jan 14

Hampshire hornet says...

watfordrick wrote:
jasonwatford wrote:
Hampshire hornet wrote:
Hampshire hornet wrote:
Goldenboy1960 wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team!
Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.
Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here?
If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...
play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that
Just think Hampshire Hornet some of us might be a little better placed to give opinions rather than what is just reported ? For the 2 you have named there are hundreds that have scored loads at youth level and struggle in real pro football.
Yeah Hampshire the Oracle has spoken now shut it!
point taken .. I am now silenced....
[quote][p][bold]watfordrick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jasonwatford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Goldenboy1960[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: I think he should be given a chance! he's old enough big enough and quick enough so get him in the team![/p][/quote]Yes he scored a lot of goals at Youth level but only because he was bigger and stronger. in his age group I conclude with a previous post and suggest he is a long way off the first team. In fact I would put Bernard miles ahead of him. And watch out for Alex Jukubiac. He could have a very big future and is a typical Arsenal type of player who can score goals both up front and from midfield.[/p][/quote]Tommy Smith scored for fun at Youth level as did Wayne Rooney -- the rest is history -- shall we see how many more pointless posts we can get on here? If in doubt get your arses down to Basingstoke next Thursday and watch him pay in the cup against Reading...[/p][/quote]play - not pay -- porbably get the club a fine for writing that[/p][/quote]Just think Hampshire Hornet some of us might be a little better placed to give opinions rather than what is just reported ? For the 2 you have named there are hundreds that have scored loads at youth level and struggle in real pro football.[/p][/quote]Yeah Hampshire the Oracle has spoken now shut it![/p][/quote]point taken .. I am now silenced.... Hampshire hornet

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree