Herts Junior Sunday Cup Round Five

Shenley Wood advanced into the sixth round after a ruthless performance helped them complete a 7-1 win at Hertfordshire Lions.

Jamie Hazel scored a fine hat-trick and was supported by Dean Lewis, who notched a brace, and one each for Rick McDonagh and James Percival.

Premier Division

Hammer clinched a vital win in their battle against relegation as they recorded a 5-2 victory against fellow strugglers AFC Spartians.

It was a real team effort from Hammer whose goals were shared among five players. Vilson Culaj, Myles Cash, John Smith, Brett Kelly and Mark Hansard all found the net while Daniel Horton and Jamie Hunt replied for Spartians.

The other three matches that were set to take place in the division were postponed after falling victim to the weather.

Division One

League leaders Mill End Sports underlined their title credentials with a 7-2 victory against Bushey Bimecc.

The stand-out performance came from Adam Cadmore, who struck five times in the win. Also on target for Mill End were Dean Brownsell and Callum Lee. Paul Kenwright netted the Bushey consolation.

Evergreen showed they will push Mill End all the way as they thumped bottom-of-the-table Croxley FC 8-1.

Joe Kelly and Andrew Murphy both scored twice and there were singles from Anthony Benvenga, Callum Rimmer, Jamie Harper and Josh Dunham.

Leroy Odle was on target for Croxley but it was of little comfort for the beaten side.

Division Two

Dean Parrett netted six times as title challengers Green Dragon thrashed AFC Bushey 12-0 to maintain their 100 per cent record this season.

Parrett was the star of the match with his double hat-trick while Joe Margerisson bagged a brace and there was one apiece for Dave O'Sullivan, Keifer Shuttleworth, Lars Burkhardt and Luke O'Malley.

Dragon are three points behind leaders Hammer Reserves but look set to take top spot as they have three games in hand.

Third-placed side Old Fullerians had to work hard to overcome Langleybury Cricket Club but they eventually ran out with a 3-2 victory.

Goals from Sam Parker, Neal Leung and Joe Rylett were enough for Fullers and cancelled out strikes from Colin Wilson.

Division Three

Leaders Rickmansworth Rovers recorded a very comfortable victory against Dome Bar Area, scoring five goals without reply.

Adam Seabrook, Tom Gibson and Ian Huggett all notched singles while a double from M. Whiting sealed the rout.

Rovers sit top of the table and have a seven-point gap over Croxley FC Reserves, although the title challengers have two games in hand.

Croxley had to work hard on Sunday to secure victory but they eventually did enough to defeat AFC Oddfellows 3-2.

Rishi Doshi netted a brace while Dan Rippin was also on target for Croxley while AFC's goals were from Michael Lambert and Dale Freeman.

Amici came out on top 5-3 in an entertaining contest against Racing Santandome.

David Morish and Craig Gorry both struck twice with Bradley Thompson rounding off the scoring for Amici.

Chris Dunn struck a brace and Robert Walter netted for Racing but it wasn’t enough to complete victory.

Division Four

Only one match took place in the division with two postponed and one abandoned.

In the sole game to be played, second-placed North Watford defeated Sun Postal United 6-2 thanks to a hat-trick from Mansoor Ali, a double for Shoaib Ali and one from Billy Brewer.

Sun's goals came from Richard McCrossan, Liam Coles and Ben Lewens.

Invitation Cup Group A

Division Two side Colne Valley didn’t show any sign of rustiness as they completed a 3-2 win against West Watford.

Valley hadn’t played since mid-December but managed to overcome their opponents despite the atrocious conditions and on a saturated pitch.

It wasn’t a game for the purists as both teams struggled to adapt to the conditions but it was Valley who opened the scoring as Tony Pitt netted.

West Watford hit back before half-time however, as Kasim Shah scored the equaliser.

Valley regained the lead early in the second half through Louis Collar-Smith but West Watford again responded as Aamir Hussein’s strike went through a sea of bodies before nestling in the net.

However, Valley grabbed victory with a few minutes remaining as Lawrence Anscomb converted Gary Mumford's cross to secure the points.