Birkdale Trophies Challenge Cup Semi-Final

Tudor Arms emphatically booked their place in the Challenge Cup final after a comprehensive one-sided 14-2 win over Headstone Lions.

On a wet and windy morning on a barely playable pitch, clear favourites Tudor went ahead after just five minutes through Tom Herbert. Two minutes later James Roope doubled the Tudor lead and it was soon followed by two more from Dan Robertson in the 11th and 17th minutes.

Four became five two minutes later when Jack Robertson got in on the goalscoring act and after only 20 minutes play Roope scored his second the game to put Arms six up.

Headstone were awarded a penalty after a rare attack but it clearly wasn’t going to be their day when the spot-kick was fired against the foot of the post and away to safety.

Roope then completed his hat-trick six minutes before the break with the eighth goal coming after 42 minutes from Jack Robertson.

There was no let-up in the Arms onslaught after the break as half-time substitute Ian Hurst scored eight minutes after the restat. This was soon followed by a Jack Plunkett goal on the hour-mark to take the Tudor tally into double figures before Jack Robertson completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot five minutes later.

Lions never gave up though, and they pulled a goal back from Joe Manfredini. However, they kept pushing forward at every opportunity and were caught on the counter-attack twice, on 71 minutes by Lee Taylor and then four minutes later by Jack Robertson, with his fourth of the game, to make the score 13-1.

There was still time for two more goals, one for each team, with a second consolation for Headstone from Connor Goldstone before Hurst rounded off the scoring for Tudor three minutes from the end.

Premier Division

Headstone Athletic took advantage of Tudor Arms' cup action and Reed Rangers' morning off to take over at the top of the table following a 9-3 win over Kings Langley.

Sheva Kurup scored early on and it was soon followed by others from Pete Owen and Anthony Ball before Kurup got a second. Langley then pulled a goal back from the penalty spot from Tom Carter.

In the second half, Matt Irons struck a hat-trick supported by a second from Ball and one for Jermaine Abrams.

The two Langley goals after the break came from Rob Heeney and Nelson De Santos.

Division One

Cassiobury Revolution, whose form has been inconsistent this season, enjoyed a 6-1 win over Woodlands United.

Chris Massey was the star of the show, scoring a hat-trick supported by strikes from Darren O'Brien, a penalty from Max Earthrowl and Callum Hearn.

Ian Beasley scored the only Woodlands goal in the first half.

Meriden Ballers' unbeaten league form continued following a 4-3 win over Watford Labour Club.

Anthony Williams, John Hall, Morgan Charles and Daps Joshua scored for the home side with Stuart White, Paul Collett and John Barker replying for Labour.

WD Athletic caused a shock with a 2-1 win over another in-form side, FC Revolution.

Tom Bryon and Danny Hall scored the Athletic goals in each half, before Revolution got a late consolation from Ahmet Top.

Dynamo Croxley beat Inter 2-1 as Kieron Harvey and Karl McCormick got the Croxley goals either side of Alex Fairlie’s equaliser.

Herts Sunday Junior Cup Round Five

Hertfordshire Lions' hopes of reaching the quarter-finals were ended by Watford Sunday League side Shenley Wood as they eased to a 7-1 win.

They trailed 5-0 at the break and all they had to show for their morning’s work was a goal from Daniel Rosson.