Vinnie Jones saw Bedmond throw lock, stock and barrel at Sun Postal in a classic Herts Senior Centenary Trophy semi-final tie on Saturday afternoon but Sun held on to reach their first senior final in more than a decade.

The Hollywood actor, who started his football career at Bedmond, turned up at the club with his friend Chris Godman, the club's former manager, midway through the second half with Bedmond 3-2 down against their local rivals from the league above, the Spartan South Midlands League.

Sun Postal's James Armstrong killed the tie soon after Jones arrived with Sun's fourth and Bedmond never really stood a chance of mounting a comeback once Scott Corley had been shown a straight red card for what could be described as a Jones-esque tackle on Dan Tompkins.

Tompkins, who possesses a gifted left foot, had earlier struck twice in the first half, including one from the spot, either side of a Bedmond own goal. But County League outfit Bedmond refused to be pushovers and reduced the deficit to 2-1 and then 3-2 with goals from Aaron Lewis and poacher Gary Sippetts.

They were arguably the more progressive side in the second half and caused the visitors a few heart-stopping moments but they could not find a way past Ross Hampton and some last-ditch defending.

The best chance of the second half fell to Sun's Craig Lynskey but he blazed over from eight yards out with just Tom Kerby to beat. Armstrong was far more clinical when given his first and only chance, rolling the ball under the Bedmond keeper to book his team's place in the final at the County Ground, Letchworth.

Sun will face Belstone, another County League side, who beat FC Broxbourne Borough 3-2 in extra time in the other semi-final.

Sun's last cup final appearance was 12 years ago in the Aubrey Cup when they lost 2-1 to Oxhey Jets. You have to go back even further for their last piece of silverware, won under the management of Roger Cowen. But top of Division One, they are on course for the double this season under Paul Hobbs.