Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Quarter-Finals

Both Headstone Athletic and Tudor Arms made Olympian League history on Sunday as they both progressed to the last four of the Herts Intermediate Cup.

It is the first time in more than a decade that an Olympian team has reached the semi-finals of any Herts FA cup competition, as both sides look to be the first in the league's 42-year history to reach a County final. It's also the first time that the final four teams come from the same town with Watford Sunday League sides Mill End Sports and Rifle Volunteer making up the rest of the semi-final line-up.

Headstone’s 3-1 away win over Queens Hand Sandridge was a fourth victory on the road and also the fourth time they had to come from behind to progress in the competition this season.

Queens Head went behind after 20 minutes when keeper Scott Calaby’s clearance was lobbed back over his head by a Sandbridge player. But Headstone drew level five minutes before the break when Dan Page headed home a Chris Gough corner.

Athletic took control of the game in the second half seeing efforts cleared off the line and having a goal disallowed, only for Gough to be sent off for a second yellow card, reducing his side to ten men, with still over a quarter of the game remaining.

The loss of the player didn’t affect them though, and with 12 minutes left Page was tripped in the area and Anthony Ball slotted home the spot-kick.

The victory was wrapped up with five minutes to go when Harry Healy headed in the third to set up another away game in the last four against Mill End Sports.

Tudor Arms also scored three but did not concede as they defeated Doves United 3-0.

Doves had the better of the first half but it was their opponents who broke the deadlock when Jack Robertson scored with a half-volley from the edge of the box.

United missed a great to equalise at the start of the second half when Callum O’Connor cleared off the line following a one-on-one chance.

They where left to rue that miss soon after when James Roope fired home an effort from 20 yards.

Ian Hurst completed the scoring with a fine solo effort just before the end to secure a last-four date with Rifle Volunteer.

Ken Simmons Memorial Cup Semi-Finals

This season's Ken Simmons Cup final will be an all-Premier Division affair between Kings Langley and Old Danes Athletic after both sides came through tight semi-finals.

The morning game saw Langley beat first division Woodlands United 2-1.

Langley went ahead through Rob Henney before James Brophy equalised in first-half injury-time.

Both sides missed chances after the break, including a Brophy free-kick which struck the underside of the cross bar and bounced clear allowing for a swift Langley counter-attack which saw Tom Minton score the winner.

The afternoon game between Bovingdon and Old Danes Athletic was a close and nervy affair.

It looked like to be heading for extra-time until three minutes from the end of the 90 minutes when Josh Oliver touched home a Chris White free-kick.

Division One

The title race looks to be a two-horse race between Brookside and Hertfordshire Lions after both sides took maximum points from double headers.

Brookside overcame bottom-placed Roundbush 7-1 and 2-1 as Ashley Defries scored a brace with singles from Jack White, Matt Gee, Barrie Horn and John Armitt in the first match. Blaise Shervington scored the Bush goal.

In the return game, Shervington scored once again with the Brookside goals coming from John Armitt and Jack White.

Hertfordshire Lions enjoyed 3-0 wins in both games over Watford Labour Club.

George Bendetti scored a double in the first fixture, supported by a single from Joe Tuberfield.

The second game saw Tom Weaver net twice along with a single goal from Carl Biggs.

Meriden Ballers are in third place after they came from 3-0 down to Cassiobury Revolution to draw 3-3.

Paul Sherlock and two from Darren O’Brien looked to have given Revolution all three points early in the second half before Meriden fought back through goals from Daps Joshua, Morgan Charles and an equaliser from Jamie Seabrook with six minutes left.

Elsewhere, Colne Valley Reserves beat Dynamo Croxley 4-0.

All the goals come in the second half thanks to a double from Paul Oxley and further efforts from Lewis Cole and Perry Rogers.

Inter took six points from their two games with WD Athletic.

The first match was won 3-1 thanks to two goals from Chris Stead and a single from Dominic Friston with Tom Bryron replying.

A Dayo Akinlabi effort was sufficient to secure another victory in the second match.