Oxhey Jets continue to move away from the Premier Division relegation zone after they recorded their fourth consecutive league victory with a 3-2 win against London Colney on Tuesday evening.

Colney started the game brightly but fell behind as Jets struck on the half-an-hour mark. Lee Armitt collected the ball 30 yards out and released a stunning strike which nestled in the net.

It gave the home side a narrow half-time advantage and they doubled their lead after the restart. A corner was swung to the back post and Sim Armstrong was unmarked and fired home.

Colney pulled a goal back through Jimmy Hartley and they levelled with 12 minutes remaining as Spencer Clarke-Mardle towered above Harry Beaumont and headed in.

It seemed the momentum was with the visitors but Jets retook the lead from the penalty spot with nine minutes left on the clock.

Armitt took on the defence and was brought down in the area. The referee pointed to the spot and the striker coolly converted his 100th senior goal for the club to seal victory.

On Saturday, Jets produced a clinical display to defeat Biggleswade United 4-1.

Armitt opened the scoring and Ashley Fongho struck soon after to double the lead.

Adam Lowton and Joseph Kelly both netted before the break to put Jets firmly in command at the interval.

United did pull a goal back in the second period but it proved no more than a consolation as Oxhey comfortably saw out the match.

Oxhey Jets Reserves advanced in the Reserve Floodlight Cup after overcoming Onley Town Reserves 4-3 on penalties after the game ended 3-3 in normal time.

Berkhamsted’s Premier Division title hopes suffered a blow on Tuesday as they fell to a 1-0 defeat against third-place side Hanwell Town.

Both teams produced a number of chances in the opening period. Connor Calcutt, Jamie Gavin and Frankie Jowle all went close for Berko.

Hanwell went ahead from the penalty spot on the 30-minute mark as Ed Canham handled in the area and Dominic Rhone sent Carl Tasker the wrong way from 12 yards.

After the break, Hanwell substitute Eion Casey had the chance to seal the win with his first touch but Tasker saved his shot.

Berkhamsted boss Mick Vipond sent on three forward substitutes to try and rescue the game but it was to no avail.

Berko had moved into top spot at the weekend after defeating London Tigers 3-1.

Tigers had gone ahead through Marcus Lansiquot but Calcutt fired the visitors level just after the break and Canham then put the side ahead a minute later.

The victory was rounded off late on as Adiel Mannion found the net.

Tring Athletic sit ninth in the table after they were beaten 2-0 by Colney Heath at the weekend.

Two late goals for Heath were enough to overcome Tring.

On Saturday, Athletic grabbed a 97th-minute equaliser to secure a 1-1 draw against Holmer Green.

Green had taken a first-half lead after Ashley Kelynack sped down the wing and crossed for Dean Powles, who calmly slotted home.

It seemed as though that goal would be enough but in the dying moments of the game, Adam Toone headed in to earn his side a share of the points.

Kings Langley remain in the title hunt in Division One after a goal from Alex Campana saw them defeat Buckingham Athletic 1-0.

A Jack Johnson header and a Paul Insley shot which struck the bar were a prelude to Campana’s perfect free-kick in the 16th minute.

Kings were reduced to ten men in the first half after Lee Burgoyne was dismissed after receiving a second yellow card.

Despite their man disadvantage, Kings were still able to create chances. But, in the last minute, Buckingham were awarded a spot-kick.

However, the referee changed his initial decision and Langley saw out the closing moments to seal victory.