WSFL Challenge Cup Quarter-Final

Current Challenge Cup holders Oakview are through to the semi-finals of the competition after a hat-trick from Lee Armitt secured a 3-1 win against old rivals St Josephs.

Armitt’s treble proved the difference between the two sides, with Sean Sonner netting the reply for Joes.

Oakview’s victory has booked a last-four clash against Green Dragon, which will be played on Sunday.

Dragon, who play in Division Two, have only lost one fixture this season and have a 100 per cent league record.

WSFL Intermediate Cup Semi-Final

Green Dragon were also in cup action on Sunday and they booked a spot in the final after defeating Mill End Sports 1-0.

A tight game was settled by a single goal which was scored by Dean Parratt.

Green Dragon will take on Evergreen in the final after they completed a 2-0 win against Hammer Reserves.

Andrew Murphy and Jack Garrett both found the net to book Evergreen’s spot in the final, which will take place on April 13.

Invitation Cup Round Two Division Two outfit AFC Bushey are through to the semi-finals but they had to work hard to overcome Division Four side Carpenders Park Rangers 1-0.

It was a struggle for Bushey throughout the contest but a Mark Ferguson goal eventually sealed their passage into the last four.

Premier Division

Hammer secured a 2-1 win against Gadeside Rangers in what was a battle between two struggling teams in the top flight.

Gary Wickes and Shamir Patel both scored for Hammer and their strikes were enough to cancel out an effort from Jay Evans.

An entertaining mid-table contest saw Croxley Green Community Centre draw 3-3 against West Herts.

Robbie Martin scored twice and Jamie Evans also found the net for Croxley. However, it wasn’t enough as Daniel Strachinaru, Sam Saleh and Adam Randall replied for the Stags to earn them a share of the points.

Division One

Rifle Volunteer returned to league action and moved into third place in the table after they clinched a 5-0 win over Bushey Bimecc.

Myles Hall, George Wells, Stuart Ross, Daryl Gillibrand and Jake Woolhead all struck for Rifle who will take on Mill End Sports in the County Intermediate Cup final this Sunday in Letchworth. Paul Kenwright netted the Bushey consolation.

FC Crescent moved up to sixth place after securing an impressive 5-1 win against bottom-of-the-table Croxley FC.

A brace from Luke Pochetty and singles from Dean Collum, Craig Bartlett and Tyler Connor rounded off a comfortable win.

Division Two

Top-of-the-table Old Fullerians were made to work hard in their 2-1 win against Hertsmere (Sunday).

Ben Williams scored for Fullers but Michael Adyemi levelled the contest for Hertsmere. However, an own goal settled the game and secured victory for the home side.

Division Three

Amici FC continue to chase down league-leaders Rickmansworth Rovers and they completed a 6-1 win against Oxhey Lions.

Craig Gorrie netted a brace while there were singles from Chris Coleman, Ruben Maciera, Josh Noyes and Dave Stewart. Lions’ reply was scored by Liam Hanley.

Croxley FC Reserves are third in the division after they eased to a 3-0 win against Railway Arms with Gino de Antonis, Alex Tomlinson and Michael Gillman all on target.

Mid-table sides AFC Oddfellows and Dome Bar Area played out a 2-2 draw.

Mick Wehrle netted twice for AFC but it wasn’t enough as goals from Paul delta Savina and Hayden Smith earned Dome Bar a share of the points.

RD FC recorded a 2-1 win against Racing Santandome thanks to strikes from Adam de Swart and Nathan Jallow. Dean McKane grabbed the Racing consolation effort.

Division Four

Met Police (Bushey) moved to the top of the table with a 4-1 away win over our bottom team Watford Town.

With three games left to play, Met are two points in front of Rickmansworth Athletic with a game in hand.

Dan Branch scored twice in the victory and there was one each from Steve Smyley and Dave Wilmot.

The biggest score of the day saw West Watford thump Sun Postal United 10-2.

Bilal Akram hit four goals and there was a hat-trick from Stephen Harper. Aamer Kahn and Rizwan Ahmed also netted. Kevin Malski and Dan Parkes struck for Sun but they were well beaten.