The Gary Norman President’s Cup Final

Headstone Athletic retained the President’s Cup after they eased to a 4-0 win over Old Danes Athletic on Sunday.

The match was effectively won in the opening quarter-of-an-hour as Headstone struck three times in quick succession.

The deadlock was broken in the 11th minute. Old Danes centre-back Ed Shurville failed to clear a Harry Healey cross, the ball fell to Shiva Kurup who turned his marker and confidently fired home from six yards.

Athletic doubled their lead moments later. Healey exchanged passes with Dan Page on the edge of the area before he confidently finished.

A third goal was added on 15 minutes. Jermaine Abrams was given far too much space and time and he rifled a shot home from 18 yards.

With the game all but over, it was just a case of how many times Headstone would find the back of the net.

They should have had a fourth when Page’s powerful header appeared to cross the line, however, the assistant referee did not award the goal. Headstone continued to attack in the second period. Old Danes worked hard to restrict their opponents but a fourth goal was added with ten minutes remaining.

Anthony Bell received the ball, dribbled past several defenders and finished superbly to round off a comfortable victory.

Headstone Athletic: Calaby, Taylor (Price 74), Gibbs (Shields 45), Abrams (Spires 45), Richardson (O’Malley 74), Owen, Devine, Healey, Kurup (Flaherty 64), Page, Ball.

Old Danes Athletic: Callaghan (Mussi 88), Chappell Van Gilst, Wilson, Janusz (Spooner 87), Shurville, Foskett (Rossister 82), Johns (McCann 72), Bennett (Battaler 45), Mussi (Gross 82), Rossister (Oliver 33), White.

Premier Division

With none of the title-chasing teams in action, the only game in the division saw Bovingdon overcome Evergreen Olympians 4-0. Adam Putman and Chris Truman both netted braces in the victory.

Division One

Hertfordshire Lions clinched the league title following an 8-0 win over Woodlands United.

The side were expected to seal top spot but did so in style.

Mitchell Holt grabbed a double with the other goals coming from Carl Biggs, Dennis Fraser, Joe Turberfield, Jack Middleton and Tom Carroll.

Meriden Ballers and Brookside are in the race for runners-up after both sides achieved wins.

Meriden edged out WD Athletic 2-1 thanks to goals from Daps Joshua and Junior Bullen, the WD reply was a late penalty.

It was a more straight forward morning for Brookside who enjoyed a 4-1 win over Dynamo Croxley.

Jack White struck a hat-trick and was supported by a goal from Jordan Cocmazzi. Aaron Bright struck the Dynamo goal in the second half.

FC Revolution won the ‘Revolution’ derby with a 2-1 win over Cassiobury Revolution.

James Waldon and Lee Woodward grabbed the FC Revolution goals with Rob Dilkes on target for Cassiobury.

Roundbush were beaten 6-1 by second bottom side Watford Labour Club.

Lloyd Turner found the net for Roundbush while the Labour goals were scored by Paul Collett (2), Peter Hurwood (2), Charles Linsley and Carl Conibeere.

A single goal in the first half from Gareth Heavey was enough to give Inter the three points against Colne Valley Reserves.