WSFL Intermediate Cup Final

Evergreen proved too strong for Green Dragon as they lifted the cup following a 4-1 victory on Sunday.

Dragon went into the game having lost only two games this season – both cup ties – but they found themselves 2-0 down at the break after Andrew Murphy and Joe Kelly had scored.

The Division Two side briefly looked as if they would get back into the contest when the league’s top scorer Dean Parratt left his mark on the final with a well-taken effort.

But their first division opponents took charge again and two fine long shots from Jack Smith sealed the first division side’s victory.

Premier Division

Oakview closed to within one point of second-placed St Josephs after hammering West Herts 10-1.

Lewis Putman led the rout with five goals, Adam Lowton also scored a hat-trick and Lee Armitt and Lee Grace netted singles, with Lawrence Olorunfemi scoring the Stags’ consolation.

Bushey also enjoyed a comfortable victory, seeing off AFC Spartians 6-2 thanks to goals from Jamie Brown (2), Ashley Lewis, Ashley Harewood, Brad Wadkins and Connor Flanagan. AFC’s replies came from Callum McCarroll and Tom Horton.

Division One

Mill End Sports retained the upper hand in the two-horse race for the title after they thumped FC Crescent 6-1 to remain two points clear and with a game in hand over second-placed Evergreen.

Adam Cadmore led the way with a treble and there was one each for Matt Morris, Darren Girdler and Glen O’Malley. Tyler Connor scored Crescent’s consolation.

Despite enjoying a memorable season, particularly in the cup competitions, Rifle Volunteer now find themselves eight points behind the top two after being held to a 3-3 draw by bottom side Chorleywood Club in the first game of a double header.

Goals from Volunteer’s Adam Doe, Wayne Jackson and Paul Skuse were cancelled out by Michael Rockett, Andrew Chapman and Michael East.

A brace apiece from Myles Hall and Mark Lomas did give Volunteer a 4-2 win in the second match as Scott Sansom and East responded for Chorleywood.

Division Two

The only fixture in the division saw Hammer Reserves overcome Hertsmere (Sunday) 5-2, meaning the victors will have to win their final game to secure a top-three finish.

Alan Dunton and Connor Toomey netted two goals each for Hammer with Ben Dunton also on target. Marcus Mingle and Michael Adeyemi were the Hertsmere marksmen.

Division Three

Croxley FC lost their chance to finish in second place when they were beaten 2-0 by Oxhey Lions for whom Jamie Kern and Liam Hanley scored.

A Michael Napolitano goal was enough to give Dome Bar Area the points against RD FC.

Invitation Cup Semi-Final

A Matt Honey goal proved to be the difference as Langleybury Cricket Club edged out Railway Arms 1-0 to set up an Invitation Cup final showdown against Hammer Reserves.

The final will be played on Wednesday at Oxhey Jets FC, kick-off 7.30pm.