Evergreen made club history on Saturday as they reached the final of the Aubrey Cup for the first time after defeating Bedmond Sports & Social Club 3-1.

Bedmond were favourites to progress from the last four clash but Evergreen went in front in the 25th minute as Curtis Donaldson converted a penalty.

It was a lead the visitors held until the interval. After the restart their advantage was doubled thanks to a fine strike from Chris Blunden.

Bedmond pulled a goal back through Aaron Lewis but it wasn’t enough as a spectacular effort from Evergreen’s goalkeeper Callum Woods in the dying moments rounded off the victory.

Woods collected a late Bedmond corner and, with every player in his penalty area, the keeper launched a long kick forward which eventually nestled in the unguarded Bedmond goal.

Evergreen will take on Standon & Puckeridge in the final after they defeated Letchworth Garden City Eagles 2-0.

Evergreen’s Easter weekend ended with an entertaining 4-4 draw with Bushey Rangers in Division One on Monday.

Ryan King (2), Ricardo Faux-James and Alex Willerton netted for Rangers while Donaldson grabbed a hat-trick for Evergreen and Krasi Makaveev also struck to secure a share of the points.

Two days earlier, a goal from Faux-James and a Chris Dunn brace earned Bushey a 3-0 win against Cheshunt Ambers.

It was a weekend to forget for Old Parmiterians who were thumped 8-2 by AFC Hatfield. Glen O’Malley and Mark Montgomery grabbed their consolations.

While their Aubrey Cup hopes are over, Bedmond continued their push for the Premier Division title with back-to-back league wins.

Last Thursday the side defeated Belstone 4-1. Gary Sippetts (2), Toby Ashcroft and Dan Campbell found the net for Bemond while the Belstone consolation was scored by Darren Turner.

It was the same scoreline on Easter Monday as Bedmond overcame Mill End Sports. Lee Taylor, Steve Harper, Ian Hurst and Jamie Higgs were all on target for the title challengers while the Mill End reply came from Meyrick Cook.

Belstone claimed four points from their two Easter matches. They drew 2-2 against Hinton on Saturday - Danny Tilbury and Jamie Arthur netted - and then beat Letchworth Garden City Eagles 2-0 on Monday. Billy Sentence and Gavin Hart struck to secure victory.

Dan Brown and Paul Branson scored for Chipperfield Corinthians in their 2-0 win against Sandridge Rovers while Bovingdon lost 4-0 to Whitwell.

Sarratt were beaten 4-1 by Cuffley on Saturday and then lost 2-1 to Sandridge on Monday.

There was also bank holiday disappointment for Bushey Sports Club. They lost 5-0 against Bush Hill Rangers.