Sun Postal Sports could be crowned Spartan South Midlands Division One champions tomorrow.

Sun, who defeated sixth placed FC Broxbourne Borough 3-1 last night thanks to goals from Steve Noonan, James Armstrong and Danny Tomkins, need just a point against Baldock Town tomorrow to secure top spot and their first piece of senior silverware since 1995.

They defeated fellow challengers Kings Langley 1-0 on Saturday – Armstrong scored the winner – and followed that up with a 5-2 win against Welwyn Garden City on Tuesday.

“We’d be disappointed if we didn’t win it now,” said manager Paul Hobbs after the win over Langley. “I would have bitten your arm off at the start of the season had you offered me promotion but now I’d be disappointed if we finished second.”

Kings Langley put Saturday’s defeat behind them with a 3-1 win at Southall on Monday and they then progressed to the Division One Cup final after defeating Chesham United Reserves 5-2 on Wednesday.

It’s the third successive year the club have reached the final and they did it in style.

The deadlock was broken in the eighth minute. Paul Insley saw a shot blocked but the rebound dropped to Nick Jackson who finished from close range.

Mitchell Weiss showed good composure to double Kings’ advantage and they went into the break two goals in front.

Insley scored one minute after the restart but Reece Cameron reduced the deficit in the 62nd minute.

Langley restored their three-goal margin through Weiss moments later and young striker Matt Bateman added the side’s fifth.

David O’Connor grabbed a late goal for Chesham but it was only a consolation as Kings progressed to the final which takes place on May 7 against Risborough Rangers.

Oxhey Jets’ unbeaten run now stands at 18 matches after they drew 1-1 with Hillingdon Borough on Tuesday in the Premier Division.

It was an entertaining contest and Jets had the better of the first half. They went in front through Lee Armitt and had further chances to add to their lead.

Hillingdon improved after the interval and equalised late into the contest to secure a share of the points.

There was another draw for Jets on Saturday as they played out a 0-0 stalemate at Cockfosters.

Chances were at a premium throughout; the best was missed by Adam Lowton in the second period.

It was a disappointing week for Berkhamsted, who suffered back-to-back Premier Division defeats.

They were beaten 3-0 by Holmer Green on Tuesday night. Andy Shed put Green ahead and Tom Peddle-Jones doubled the lead soon after.

Berko had controlled possession throughout but conceded a third in the second period when Dean Allen tapped home to complete the victory.

On Saturday, Tring Athletic produced a fine performance to beat Berkhamsted 4-2.

Berko went in front in the 22nd minute through Jordon Frederick who fired home after he was teed up by Frankie Jowle.

It was Tring’s final home game of the campaign and they equalised when Chris Vardy’s shot took a deflection and looped over Berkhamsted goalkeeper Carl Tasker.

The game was level at the interval but Tring took control in the second half. Greg Deer converted a Vardy cross to put Athletic in front but Josh Chamberlain equalised for Berko soon after.

However, a second goal from Vardy and a rare strike from Ryan Sturges sealed the three points for Tring.

Leverstock Green suffered a heavy defeat on Saturday. They were beaten 6-0 by Holmer Green and that defeat came two days after a narrow 1-0 loss against Ampthill Town.