Kings Langley made club history on Saturday as they secured promotion to the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division and the side made it a double celebration with victory in the Division One Cup final on Wednesday.

A 1-1 draw with promotion rivals Bedford in the league was enough for Kings to hold on to second place and the final promotion spot.

Both Langley and Bedford were locked on identical points before the game. However, Kings’ superior goal difference meant a draw would suffice to secure promotion.

Bedford started strongly but the visitors faded and Kings improved. The game was level at the interval but, in the 66th minute, Langley went in front.

Jonny Munday, making only his third appearance of the season, headed home a Tom Carter cross.

Kings were in control but they conceded an equaliser with 12 minutes remaining as Luke Knight struck.

Langley were able to keep their opponents at bay in the closing stages and managed to hold on for a draw.

The result meant Kings were promoted on goal difference and they have reached their highest level in the football pyramid in their 128-year history.

Not content with that success, Kings clinched the Division One Cup with a 3-0 win over Risborough Rangers on Wednesday.

Mitchell Weiss broke the deadlock and Danny Hutchins doubled their advantage before the break.

The victory was rounded off with two minutes remaining as captain Gary Connolly added the third goal for his side.

There was also cup success for Oxhey Jets as they defeated Leverstock Green 3-2 in the West Herts St Mary’s Cup final.

Jets, who lost 4-2 against Stotfold in the Floodlight Cup semi-final on Thursday of last week, have improved as the campaign has progressed. They went in front in Monday’s clash as Lewis Putman fired into the corner.

Liam Hinds equalised for Green and the game was level at the interval. An own goal from Chris Killer put Leverstock in front but Jets fought back and struck twice in the final 15 minutes to secure victory.

Adam Lowton finished superbly and then Putman slotted in to seal the win for Jets, who ended their campaign in style.

Berkhamsted finished their Premier Division campaign with a 2-1 win against AFC Dunstable.

Jamie Gavin put Berko in front and Connor Calcutt won and converted a first-half penalty.

Jamal Harvey pulled a goal back in the second period for Dunstable but it was only a consolation and the result was enough for Berkhamsted to finish fifth in the table.

Tring Athletic ended the season in ninth after they beat Leverstock Green 2-1 thanks to a brace from Stewart King.