Hemel Hempstead overcame Potters Bar by eight runs on Saturday in the Herts Premier Division.

A closely-fought game was finally decided with Brett Penny bowling Jamie Icke with two balls remaining.

Batting first, Hemel had made 242 for eight with 65 from Adam Winchester.

Potters Bar’s reply was largely built around 91 from Harry Palmer.

Hemel almost gave it away a couple of times but once Gareth James had taken Palmer the job was almost done.

Icke kept Potters’ hopes alive but he was snared by Penny with two balls to go.

Chorleywood notched their first win of the season with a 59-run victory at West Herts in the Championship.

Having been asked to bat first, Wood posted a competitive total of 202 all out.

Andrew Dunning, coming in at number six, top-scored with 48 after Will Pendred had hit 37.

Peter Dunning chipped in with 28 late on as Wood were bowled out for 202.

Dave Bushnell blew away West Herts’ top order to record figures of four for 20 from his nine overs.

Pendred continued his fine game with a miserly spell as he picked up a couple of wickets, whilst there were two wickets also for Lyndon Ryan.

Wood’s dominance with the ball meant the Stags failed to build any significant partnerships, with only three batsmen reaching double figures as they were bowled out for just 143 in the 45th over.

Langleybury suffered a five-wicket defeat at home to Hoddesdon.

Having won the toss, Langleybury chose to bat.

Mo Manzoor fell leg before wicket to the first ball he faced and was soon joined back in the pavilion by partner Nahim Amin just a few balls later.

Rhys Williams and Josh Godden batted sensibly but once again Langleybury’s batsmen fell in quick succession as both were bowled by good deliveries.

Those dismissals left Langleybury in all sorts of trouble at 39 for five before skipper Richard Oxley was caught at slip after a lifter caught the handle of his bat.

A recovery of sorts was then staged by the excellent Richard Soulsby, ably supported by Ross Channer. However after he fell for 28, the tail end followed quickly with Soulsby last out for a fine 48.

In reply, Hoddesdon’s opening pair also struggled against some tight bowling, however the early breakthrough never came and they began to get on top.

It was a mix-up with their running that caused the first wicket to fall and number three came and went quickly as the hosts fought their way back into the game.

In the end Langleybury’s total of 146 all out was always 40 or 50 short of par and the visitors chased down their target for the loss of five wickets.

In Division One, Kings Langley slipped to a three-wicket defeat at the hands of hosts Dunstable.

Batting first, Kings were all out for 118 with Ricky Mohamed (48) top scoring and Simon Walker (13) the only other batsman to reach double figures.

Dunstable, in reply, reached their target in the 39th over with Christian James taking five for 24 and Mark Brazier claiming two for 47.

Watford Town continued their winning start to the season in Division Two with a three-wicket triumph at home to Wheathampstead.

The visitors won the toss and elected to bat first.

Pavan Chesetty made the first two breakthroughs, finishing with two for 25.

Muhammed Abid impressed once more with three for 69 as Wheathampstead finished on 192 for eight.

The Watford innings got off to a steady start with opener Obbad Shahid (34) and Ravi Panchal (53) scoring well.

Watford were seen home by Mobeen Ahmad (33 not out) to finish on 193 for seven.

Hemel Hempstead Seconds secured a convincing 54-run win at Redbourn.

Put into bat, Hemel made it to 209 for six before declaring with 88 from Matt Potton and 44 not out from Matt Dale.

Redbourn’s last pair lasted ten overs before Bryan Davies (six for 42) wrapped up proceedings with Redbourn dismissed for 155.

Kyle Claxton’s exquisite 95 made Ickleford regret asking Leverstock Green to bat first at Bedmond Road.

The hosts racked up 200 for four declared from 51 overs; Marc Simonds’ unbeaten half-century and 37 from opener Lewis Koch putting Levy in a commanding position at tea.

The Hitchin-based visitors provided middle-order resistance but succumbed after Simonds’ leg-spin took the wicket of Matt Bowyer, leaving a stunning run out and one-handed catch from three-wicket Green spinner Brad Klosterman to wrap up a 53-run victory.

Abbots Langley fell to a four-wicket defeat against Radlett Seconds.

Batting first, steady contributions from Dave Carlisle (34), Jimmy Davies (24) and Steve Wallis (23) saw Abbots stumble to a disappointing 132 all out.

Although Abbots took six wickets – with Wallis claiming three – Radlett cantered home in 42 overs.