Herts Cricket League

Division Three

Bushey claimed their fifth victory of the campaign after they thumped Old Millhillians Seconds.

The side’s bowlers did the damage as they skittled Millhillians for just 87. Qamar Shazad took four wickets while Mohammad Asif chipped in with three.

In reply Bushey openers Chandan Sharma and Narendra Gogna had to be at their best as they faced a hostile opening burst.

The two classy openers saw off the new ball and easily knocked off the runs without any problems with a vast array of stroke-play.

Gogna finished with 46 not out and Sharma ended unbeaten on 40.

Northwood Town are still searching for their first win of the season after they were beaten by North Mymms Seconds.

After being asked to bat, Akshay Loomba (32) and Raj Ahluwalia (58) got Town off to a good start with an excellent 78-partnership.

However, after they both returned to the pavilion, Mymms reverted to spin and Town’s run rate dried up.

Northwood made 179 before being skittled but would later rue their failure to bat the 53 overs and post a competitive 200-plus total.

With the old ball, Town opened with Krunal Patel (three for 43) and Raj Kotecha (one for 26) and the duo made early inroads.

After 18 overs Veer Vadgama (three for 71) was handed the new ball and blew away the opposition’s top order with a superb display of line and length seam bowling.

With North Mymms eight wickets down and still needing 50 runs, Town fancied their chances of of victory.

However, Mymms managed to creep their way towards the target and a patient 46 from Shoaib Anwar eventually saw them home with two wickets to spare.

Town earned a valuable 14 points for their efforts and maintained their steady improvement in an undoubtedly tough division.

Division Four

Rickmansworth maintained their position at the top of the division with a tight one-wicket victory over third-placed Bishop’s Stortford Seconds.

Ricky won the toss and chose to bowl. On a flat wicket Stortford batted through their 53 overs and scored 212 for nine.

There were three wickets apiece for Ash Shah and Fraser Paterson while Ben Cutler claimed two dismissals.

Rickmansworth chased down the total with a wicket to spare. Opener Chris Morris provided the majority of the runs and ended on a superb 133.

His innings played a vital role for and Ricky were able to seal their victory in the 38th over.

Chorleywood Seconds crashed to a nine-wicket defeat at St Albans Seconds in a game dominated by the batsmen on both sides.

The match saw only four wickets fall in 92 overs.

Having chosen to bat first, Wood ran up what they thought was a competitive score as they closed on 226 for three from their 53 overs.

James Rose starred for the visitors as he scored exactly 100. There were also half-centuries for fellow opener Chris Tweedie (60) and Rohan Lee (50) as Wood appeared to be in control at the break.

However, St Albans came out for their innings with all guns blazing and charged to their target in the 40th over for the loss of just one wicket.

Jamie Smithson was the only successful Wood bowler as the attack was hit to all parts of the ground and the home side made use of a docile track and a lightning-quick outfield to easily secure the 30 points.

Langleybury Seconds recorded a five-wicket win against London Colney in a low-scoring contest.

Bury skipper Matt Fry lost the toss and the side were put into the field. Colney had made a solid start but wickets then began to tumble.

Ollie Ilott (two for 21), Ian Woodward (two for nine) and Rishil Druva (two for ten) did the damage with the ball as London Colney were skittled for 125. In reply, Bury started well and at 20 without loss, looked in a good position. But four quick wickets fell and the innings looked in danger of collapsing.

However, Kevin Affleck (27 not out) joined Matt Fry (47) and they put on a match-winning partnership of 75.

Division Five

Imran Iqbal’s five for 65 from 18 overs paved the way for a fifth straight bowl-first win for Leverstock Green Seconds.

Along with three dismissals for skipper Dayle Littlejohn, the pair restricted Wheathampstead Seconds to only 138 all out on a belter of a track at Bedmond Road.

Green opening batsman Ben Parkes hit 57, his third half-century of the summer, as he and Mark Landau (32) set up the run chase for the hosts.

Four wickets fell in reaching 141, so Levy were grateful to a steadying 27 not out from Luke Weston as another win moved them within four points of table-topping Harpenden Thirds.

Chipperfield Clarendon Seconds held on for a draw against Welwyn Garden City Thirds.

After winning the toss and deciding to bat, Chipperfield went on to post a strong total of 278 for seven.

Michael Edwards scored 46 but the main run contributor was Shawn Mepham, who struck 115.

Welwyn’s reply was well constructed and Chipperfield struggled to make the breakthrough. However, Saj Mahmood eventually found a way through and the introduction of Mepham brought on a mini-collapse as City lost seven wickets for 53 runs.

With six overs remaining and one wicket in hand, Welwyn decided to play for the draw and they were able to see out the game to earn a share of the points.

A below-par display with the bat proved Kings Langley Seconds’ downfall as they were beaten by five wickets against Clifton Tony Morton scored 45 while Shandy Ratnakuran struck 23 for Kings who were dismissed for 155.

The total was never going to be enough and Clifton reached their target in 31st over despite Duane Smith and Josh Oldham taking two wickets each and Richard Whitlock claiming the other Clifton wicket.

Watford Town Seconds completed a resounding 87-run victory against Hemel Hempstead Thirds.

Watford batted first and were dismissed for 181. Charlie Hoskins took three for 14 while Ed Langley (two for 21) and Rory Fraser (two for 31) also chipped in.

It seemed as though Hemel were in the driving seat but their reply was short-lived. Anjam Khan scored 23 and Hoskins posted 22 but Hemel were all out for just 94.