Goalkeeping coach Ruben Martinez appears to confirm he has joined Oscar Garcia at Watford

Ruben Martinez. Picture: Action Images

Ruben Martinez. Picture: Action Images

First published in Sport
Last updated
Watford Observer: Photograph of the Author by , Deputy Group Sports Editor

Goalkeeping coach Ruben Martinez appears to have confirmed he has joined Oscar Garcia’s coaching staff at Watford.

Martinez and fitness coach Juan Torrijo have followed new Watford head coach Garcia to Brighton & Hove Albion and Maccabi Tel Aviv in the past so are expected to be on his staff.

Martinez has changed his Twitter biography to “We have returned to England Watford FC”, although mobile devices still show his old message of “GK coach without goalkeepers” and list his location as Barcelona.

He had also previously posted a picture of his family stating “New adventure. Let’s go” and retweeted Watford’s announcement of Garcia’s appointment.

Garcia’s assistant manager at Brighton, Nathan Jones, remained with the Seagulls following Garcia’s departure in the summer.

Garcia was announced as Watford’s new head coach this morning and it is believed he has signed a contract until the summer of 2016.

However, the Golden Boys refused to confirm which members of coaching staff will be joining, and leaving, the club this afternoon.

Former head coach Beppe Sannino brought assistant coaches Francesco Troise, Giovanni Cusatis, Alfredo Sebastiani and goalkeeping coach Paolo De Toffol to the club. Sebastiani left the staff in the summer.

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:48pm Tue 2 Sep 14

buckler says...

Alec's easy life is over!
Alec's easy life is over! buckler
  • Score: -54

11:08pm Tue 2 Sep 14

jalvin says...

Wow shock news, new head coach brings own assistant coaches with him!!!
Wow shock news, new head coach brings own assistant coaches with him!!! jalvin
  • Score: -10

11:09pm Tue 2 Sep 14

EltonForever says...

Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.
Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you. EltonForever
  • Score: 58

11:16pm Tue 2 Sep 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.
Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified. Hornets number 12 fan
  • Score: 129

11:20pm Tue 2 Sep 14

Poppet Bear says...

Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.
Me to !!!
[quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.[/p][/quote]Me to !!! Poppet Bear
  • Score: 44

11:25pm Tue 2 Sep 14

The BestTrip2011 says...

Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.
Couldn't agree more. A tremendous player for us and what a difficult position he was placed in with the media every week. He's been very loyal to us. Why some people choose to have a pop at him is beyond me.
[quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more. A tremendous player for us and what a difficult position he was placed in with the media every week. He's been very loyal to us. Why some people choose to have a pop at him is beyond me. The BestTrip2011
  • Score: 87

11:35pm Tue 2 Sep 14

Rosty'srocket says...

Appalling treatment of Alec if so, and a real pro who has held the fort in the media and no doubt the coaching side too . Superb club man , Over the years Alec has been brilliant. I hope he can stay on.
Appalling treatment of Alec if so, and a real pro who has held the fort in the media and no doubt the coaching side too . Superb club man , Over the years Alec has been brilliant. I hope he can stay on. Rosty'srocket
  • Score: 51

12:21am Wed 3 Sep 14

Noodlehornet says...

So, Martinez takes over as gk coach, Alec becomes Gomes' cover and Bondy goes out on loan. Everyone's a winner.
So, Martinez takes over as gk coach, Alec becomes Gomes' cover and Bondy goes out on loan. Everyone's a winner. Noodlehornet
  • Score: -9

12:31am Wed 3 Sep 14

Bobbyhowfield says...

Alec has been a great servant for many years but you can't hide fact that we have had a succession of young goalkeepers who have failed t reach their potential .
Alec has been a great servant for many years but you can't hide fact that we have had a succession of young goalkeepers who have failed t reach their potential . Bobbyhowfield
  • Score: 15

7:24am Wed 3 Sep 14

Happy-Hornet says...

Francesco and Giovanni were released yesterday. Nice guys.
Francesco and Giovanni were released yesterday. Nice guys. Happy-Hornet
  • Score: 2

8:12am Wed 3 Sep 14

McHornet says...

I think this shocking treatment of Alec Chamberlain stems from when he was coaching Scott Loach and some people blame him for Loach's decline. In my opinion Loach thought he had made it at the age of 22 and stopped putting the effort in. Loach was his own downfall. Chamberlain has been an excellent servant for us and i hope it continues!
I think this shocking treatment of Alec Chamberlain stems from when he was coaching Scott Loach and some people blame him for Loach's decline. In my opinion Loach thought he had made it at the age of 22 and stopped putting the effort in. Loach was his own downfall. Chamberlain has been an excellent servant for us and i hope it continues! McHornet
  • Score: 24

8:14am Wed 3 Sep 14

loyalhemel says...

Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.
being a nice guy & a true pro does not mean your a good coach
Alec has had a nice run for a few years & we have a lot of poor keepers under his watch
I wish him all the best but his time is up
[quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.[/p][/quote]being a nice guy & a true pro does not mean your a good coach Alec has had a nice run for a few years & we have a lot of poor keepers under his watch I wish him all the best but his time is up loyalhemel
  • Score: -8

9:14am Wed 3 Sep 14

MJ1 says...

Appears tha Frank didn't ask the questioon about Alec's future which seems to me quite central to the story. Alec is part of Watford's rapidly disappearing identity so I hope he stays.
Appears tha Frank didn't ask the questioon about Alec's future which seems to me quite central to the story. Alec is part of Watford's rapidly disappearing identity so I hope he stays. MJ1
  • Score: 10

9:30am Wed 3 Sep 14

bristol hornet says...

EltonForever wrote:
Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.
Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!!

What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.
[quote][p][bold]EltonForever[/bold] wrote: Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!! What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum. bristol hornet
  • Score: 9

9:34am Wed 3 Sep 14

bristol hornet says...

I think Alec will stay on.

Beppe had his own Italian GK coach as well as Chamberlain, so I see no reason why the same scenario cannot happen here with Garcia?

Either way, Alec has been a great and faithful servant to WFC over very many years and deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.
I think Alec will stay on. Beppe had his own Italian GK coach as well as Chamberlain, so I see no reason why the same scenario cannot happen here with Garcia? Either way, Alec has been a great and faithful servant to WFC over very many years and deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. bristol hornet
  • Score: 13

9:42am Wed 3 Sep 14

gloryhornet4 says...

Having seen Alec whilst still playing and captaining the reserves doing all sorts of organising tells me maybe he has been an unsung clubman.

No one else has managed to make Loach a first team regular so I cannot see it is down to Alec.

Ben Foster was full of praise for the things Alec does and even talked of how he helped him.

The goalkeeping problem is I feel we look for someone else's goalkeeper replaced by an imported keeper and then give our home grown talent league cup games and the odd stand in game.

It is a wonder from what is said that our goalkeepers get junior England call ups, so Alec must have some respect in the game. Loach was not that far from a full England cap, until he as has been said here thought he had made it. I noticed before the trolls started scribing that Loach was being beaten too often from 25/30 yards. That says to me a fitness problem - a Cinderella - late for the ball - no spring in his legs.
Having seen Alec whilst still playing and captaining the reserves doing all sorts of organising tells me maybe he has been an unsung clubman. No one else has managed to make Loach a first team regular so I cannot see it is down to Alec. Ben Foster was full of praise for the things Alec does and even talked of how he helped him. The goalkeeping problem is I feel we look for someone else's goalkeeper replaced by an imported keeper and then give our home grown talent league cup games and the odd stand in game. It is a wonder from what is said that our goalkeepers get junior England call ups, so Alec must have some respect in the game. Loach was not that far from a full England cap, until he as has been said here thought he had made it. I noticed before the trolls started scribing that Loach was being beaten too often from 25/30 yards. That says to me a fitness problem - a Cinderella - late for the ball - no spring in his legs. gloryhornet4
  • Score: 12

10:02am Wed 3 Sep 14

willia6692 says...

Being a good servant for the club, and making tv appearances on the Fl Show, because the manager is unable to speak sufficient english to communicate, doesn't mean that the should necessarily stay at a football club in a job that appears to be too big for you. Over the last few years he has had GKs to coach and improve, I would suggest that not one has improved and in Almunias case he appeared to be sending him backwards. Loach never pushed on from an u21, Bond is needing to be helped, Bonham was woeful. I hope that chamberlain is moved on, not because I don't like the guy, or because I want to slag him off, but because he's not up to the job!
Being a good servant for the club, and making tv appearances on the Fl Show, because the manager is unable to speak sufficient english to communicate, doesn't mean that the should necessarily stay at a football club in a job that appears to be too big for you. Over the last few years he has had GKs to coach and improve, I would suggest that not one has improved and in Almunias case he appeared to be sending him backwards. Loach never pushed on from an u21, Bond is needing to be helped, Bonham was woeful. I hope that chamberlain is moved on, not because I don't like the guy, or because I want to slag him off, but because he's not up to the job! willia6692
  • Score: -14

10:35am Wed 3 Sep 14

buckler says...

bristol hornet wrote:
EltonForever wrote:
Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.
Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!!

What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.
You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard..
[quote][p][bold]bristol hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EltonForever[/bold] wrote: Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!! What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.[/p][/quote]You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard.. buckler
  • Score: -8

12:03pm Wed 3 Sep 14

davidhornet says...

buckler wrote:
bristol hornet wrote:
EltonForever wrote:
Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.
Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!!

What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.
You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard..
I would be happy to visit you at home at a convenient time. I may masquerade as the meals on wheels guy or the care in the community outreach office or the bloke who changes your incontinence pads. Please provide the address of your care home. Alec will also be calling you sad f#ck.
[quote][p][bold]buckler[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bristol hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EltonForever[/bold] wrote: Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!! What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.[/p][/quote]You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard..[/p][/quote]I would be happy to visit you at home at a convenient time. I may masquerade as the meals on wheels guy or the care in the community outreach office or the bloke who changes your incontinence pads. Please provide the address of your care home. Alec will also be calling you sad f#ck. davidhornet
  • Score: 0

12:03pm Wed 3 Sep 14

davidhornet says...

buckler wrote:
bristol hornet wrote:
EltonForever wrote:
Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.
Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!!

What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.
You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard..
I would be happy to visit you at home at a convenient time. I may masquerade as the meals on wheels guy or the care in the community outreach office or the bloke who changes your incontinence pads. Please provide the address of your care home. Alec will also be calling you sad f#ck.
[quote][p][bold]buckler[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bristol hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EltonForever[/bold] wrote: Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!! What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.[/p][/quote]You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard..[/p][/quote]I would be happy to visit you at home at a convenient time. I may masquerade as the meals on wheels guy or the care in the community outreach office or the bloke who changes your incontinence pads. Please provide the address of your care home. Alec will also be calling you sad f#ck. davidhornet
  • Score: 0

12:11pm Wed 3 Sep 14

loyalhemel says...

davidhornet wrote:
buckler wrote:
bristol hornet wrote:
EltonForever wrote:
Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.
Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!!

What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.
You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard..
I would be happy to visit you at home at a convenient time. I may masquerade as the meals on wheels guy or the care in the community outreach office or the bloke who changes your incontinence pads. Please provide the address of your care home. Alec will also be calling you sad f#ck.
You only have to press post comment once,i know it's difficult for you.
anyway I thought you had to be back at school today?
now be a good boy & leave the forum to the adults(that means you as well bristolhatter)
[quote][p][bold]davidhornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]buckler[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bristol hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]EltonForever[/bold] wrote: Buckler - I have often wondered about your credentials as a true Watford fan. I no longer wonder. Indeed, some of your more recent comments seem to overlook the fact that you too will someday be old, and dribbling, as you so inelegantly put it, in your post dated 27 August last. Shame on you.[/p][/quote]Buckler is already old, bald, ugly and dribbles into his beer at the salon where he still proudly worships his "I Love Bas" banner!! What a sad little Luton supporter he is who loves to be so spiteful to WFC on this forum.[/p][/quote]You know so much about me and still rufuse to have a chat man to man! Just rude comments behind your keyboard..[/p][/quote]I would be happy to visit you at home at a convenient time. I may masquerade as the meals on wheels guy or the care in the community outreach office or the bloke who changes your incontinence pads. Please provide the address of your care home. Alec will also be calling you sad f#ck.[/p][/quote]You only have to press post comment once,i know it's difficult for you. anyway I thought you had to be back at school today? now be a good boy & leave the forum to the adults(that means you as well bristolhatter) loyalhemel
  • Score: -1

12:50pm Wed 3 Sep 14

hongkongyellow says...

buckler wrote:
Alec's easy life is over!
How do you spell cnut in your country?
[quote][p][bold]buckler[/bold] wrote: Alec's easy life is over![/p][/quote]How do you spell cnut in your country? hongkongyellow
  • Score: 6

1:04pm Wed 3 Sep 14

lutondown says...

hongkongyellow wrote:
buckler wrote:
Alec's easy life is over!
How do you spell cnut in your country?
Isn't that the guy who tried to turn back the tide?
Anyway, if you write tnuc on a bit of paper, stand in front of a mirror...there you have it, that's you.
[quote][p][bold]hongkongyellow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]buckler[/bold] wrote: Alec's easy life is over![/p][/quote]How do you spell cnut in your country?[/p][/quote]Isn't that the guy who tried to turn back the tide? Anyway, if you write tnuc on a bit of paper, stand in front of a mirror...there you have it, that's you. lutondown
  • Score: 0

1:07pm Wed 3 Sep 14

lutondown says...

The BestTrip2011 wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.
Couldn't agree more. A tremendous player for us and what a difficult position he was placed in with the media every week. He's been very loyal to us. Why some people choose to have a pop at him is beyond me.
Because the goalkeepers he's brought on have been poor to average.
The proof is always in the eating
[quote][p][bold]The BestTrip2011[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more. A tremendous player for us and what a difficult position he was placed in with the media every week. He's been very loyal to us. Why some people choose to have a pop at him is beyond me.[/p][/quote]Because the goalkeepers he's brought on have been poor to average. The proof is always in the eating lutondown
  • Score: -5

1:09pm Wed 3 Sep 14

lutondown says...

bristol hornet wrote:
I think Alec will stay on.

Beppe had his own Italian GK coach as well as Chamberlain, so I see no reason why the same scenario cannot happen here with Garcia?

Either way, Alec has been a great and faithful servant to WFC over very many years and deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.
Oh I'm so nice, please thumb me up. I'll do better than that down at the salon.
Wtf do we need two GK coaches, we only have one viable keeper as it is.
[quote][p][bold]bristol hornet[/bold] wrote: I think Alec will stay on. Beppe had his own Italian GK coach as well as Chamberlain, so I see no reason why the same scenario cannot happen here with Garcia? Either way, Alec has been a great and faithful servant to WFC over very many years and deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.[/p][/quote]Oh I'm so nice, please thumb me up. I'll do better than that down at the salon. Wtf do we need two GK coaches, we only have one viable keeper as it is. lutondown
  • Score: -6

4:11pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Hornets number 12 fan says...

lutondown wrote:
The BestTrip2011 wrote:
Hornets number 12 fan wrote:
Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.
Couldn't agree more. A tremendous player for us and what a difficult position he was placed in with the media every week. He's been very loyal to us. Why some people choose to have a pop at him is beyond me.
Because the goalkeepers he's brought on have been poor to average.
The proof is always in the eating
He's a Goalkeeping coach not a Magician!
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The BestTrip2011[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hornets number 12 fan[/bold] wrote: Alec Chamberlain has been nothing but a true professional for us as a Goalkeeper then behind the scenes on the coaching staff! I get rather angry when people slag him off ad I think it's totally unjustified.[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more. A tremendous player for us and what a difficult position he was placed in with the media every week. He's been very loyal to us. Why some people choose to have a pop at him is beyond me.[/p][/quote]Because the goalkeepers he's brought on have been poor to average. The proof is always in the eating[/p][/quote]He's a Goalkeeping coach not a Magician! Hornets number 12 fan
  • Score: 3

5:13pm Wed 3 Sep 14

chrisptrifle says...

willia6692 wrote:
Being a good servant for the club, and making tv appearances on the Fl Show, because the manager is unable to speak sufficient english to communicate, doesn't mean that the should necessarily stay at a football club in a job that appears to be too big for you. Over the last few years he has had GKs to coach and improve, I would suggest that not one has improved and in Almunias case he appeared to be sending him backwards. Loach never pushed on from an u21, Bond is needing to be helped, Bonham was woeful. I hope that chamberlain is moved on, not because I don't like the guy, or because I want to slag him off, but because he's not up to the job!
I would argue that over the years Alec has made average keepers punch well above their weight... To turn your argument around - he even made Loach look good for a while ! However, theres only so much you can do and ultimately each individual has to take responsibility for their own performances.
Another poster mentioned that Ben Foster credits Alec highly with regard to his development and I also recall Alex Fergurson stating that he knew Ben would be in good hands with Alec Chamberlain, and the latter is an accolade which shouldnt be ignored. Irrespective, times change and its down to the Pozzos to determine if he is good enough at the present time and whether he will continue to have a role at the club. Whatever their decision you cant argue that Alec has been a great servant to the club for many year. I for one will be sad if he goes.
[quote][p][bold]willia6692[/bold] wrote: Being a good servant for the club, and making tv appearances on the Fl Show, because the manager is unable to speak sufficient english to communicate, doesn't mean that the should necessarily stay at a football club in a job that appears to be too big for you. Over the last few years he has had GKs to coach and improve, I would suggest that not one has improved and in Almunias case he appeared to be sending him backwards. Loach never pushed on from an u21, Bond is needing to be helped, Bonham was woeful. I hope that chamberlain is moved on, not because I don't like the guy, or because I want to slag him off, but because he's not up to the job![/p][/quote]I would argue that over the years Alec has made average keepers punch well above their weight... To turn your argument around - he even made Loach look good for a while ! However, theres only so much you can do and ultimately each individual has to take responsibility for their own performances. Another poster mentioned that Ben Foster credits Alec highly with regard to his development and I also recall Alex Fergurson stating that he knew Ben would be in good hands with Alec Chamberlain, and the latter is an accolade which shouldnt be ignored. Irrespective, times change and its down to the Pozzos to determine if he is good enough at the present time and whether he will continue to have a role at the club. Whatever their decision you cant argue that Alec has been a great servant to the club for many year. I for one will be sad if he goes. chrisptrifle
  • Score: 4

10:03pm Wed 3 Sep 14

willia6692 says...

I'd like to see him leave, if nothing just to see the meltdown from our 'Special' fans,
I'd like to see him leave, if nothing just to see the meltdown from our 'Special' fans, willia6692
  • Score: 0

10:10pm Wed 3 Sep 14

lutondown says...

willia6692 wrote:
I'd like to see him leave, if nothing just to see the meltdown from our 'Special' fans,
Lol
And most of them are on here
Window lickers
[quote][p][bold]willia6692[/bold] wrote: I'd like to see him leave, if nothing just to see the meltdown from our 'Special' fans,[/p][/quote]Lol And most of them are on here Window lickers lutondown
  • Score: 0

10:10pm Wed 3 Sep 14

willia6692 says...

Maybe get a petition up if he does, could save money and have chamberlain on the front and shorty on the back
Maybe get a petition up if he does, could save money and have chamberlain on the front and shorty on the back willia6692
  • Score: -1

10:25pm Wed 3 Sep 14

lutondown says...

Happy-Hornet wrote:
Francesco and Giovanni were released yesterday. Nice guys.
So what?
[quote][p][bold]Happy-Hornet[/bold] wrote: Francesco and Giovanni were released yesterday. Nice guys.[/p][/quote]So what? lutondown
  • Score: 0

10:38pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Hampshire hornet says...

willia6692 wrote:
Maybe get a petition up if he does, could save money and have chamberlain on the front and shorty on the back
Where does Lloyd Donkey go then? He's the true legend.. Maybe he should become a defensive coach?
[quote][p][bold]willia6692[/bold] wrote: Maybe get a petition up if he does, could save money and have chamberlain on the front and shorty on the back[/p][/quote]Where does Lloyd Donkey go then? He's the true legend.. Maybe he should become a defensive coach? Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 1

10:40pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Hampshire hornet says...

Hampshire hornet wrote:
willia6692 wrote:
Maybe get a petition up if he does, could save money and have chamberlain on the front and shorty on the back
Where does Lloyd Donkey go then? He's the true legend.. Maybe he should become a defensive coach?
Lloyd Donkey. Lloyd Donkey , **** you auto correct D O N K E Y oh ffs Lloyd
[quote][p][bold]Hampshire hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]willia6692[/bold] wrote: Maybe get a petition up if he does, could save money and have chamberlain on the front and shorty on the back[/p][/quote]Where does Lloyd Donkey go then? He's the true legend.. Maybe he should become a defensive coach?[/p][/quote]Lloyd Donkey. Lloyd Donkey , **** you auto correct D O N K E Y oh ffs Lloyd Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 3

10:41pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Hampshire hornet says...

lutondown wrote:
Happy-Hornet wrote:
Francesco and Giovanni were released yesterday. Nice guys.
So what?
They did a 15 year stretch, released on parole I read somewhere ...
[quote][p][bold]lutondown[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Happy-Hornet[/bold] wrote: Francesco and Giovanni were released yesterday. Nice guys.[/p][/quote]So what?[/p][/quote]They did a 15 year stretch, released on parole I read somewhere ... Hampshire hornet
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree