A serious injury to a Wembley player clouded Oxhey Jets’ performance as their South Midlands Premier Division clash was abandoned.

Jets raced to a 2-0 lead as Antoine Akinola scored two fine strikes from tight angles to put his side in the ascendency.

The visitors looked good value for the lead and would have fancied their chances of taking all three points, before the unfortunate Wembley man went down with a suspected broken leg.

With an ambulance needing to be called, the referee had little choice but to call the game off just before the half-time interval.

The severity of the injury was enough to ensure the Wembley player was kept in hospital overnight.

Jets return to action with an away trip to Tottenhoe tomorrow.

Sun Sports continued to rebuild after almost folding a fortnight ago as they took on Biggleswade United.

They couldn’t match their opponents on the pitch and went down to a 2-0 defeat, despite a good man-of-the-match performance from Chris Gosling.

United took the lead with 30 minutes played as some good vision from Jay Taylor saw him catch Matty Evans off his line and score with a lob from 35 yards.

They made it 2-0 before the break when a persistent run from Jaiden Irish ended with a smart finish.

Sun never really looked like getting back into the game and the frustration got the better of Tom Gibson late on as he was sent off in injury time.

United were then involved in cup action against Tring Athletic on Tuesday night as the pair faced off in the Challenge Trophy.

It took a penalty shoot-out for Tring to force a win after they had snatched a late equaliser through Chris Blunden’s 85th-minute free-kick.

With no extra-time being played in the competition, the game went straight to a shoot-out, which saw Biggleswade fall apart.

After Jack Hope saved United’s first effort, they missed their next two and all of Tring’s men converted to give them a 3-0 win.

The cup triumph provided the ideal tonic to a 3-1 defeat against Hoddesdon Town in the league on Saturday.

Athletic fell 3-0 behind before Dave O’Connor added some semblance of respectability with a goal for the home side.

Berkhamsted suffered differing penalty fortunes as they crashed out of the Challenge Trophy to Hoddesdon.

An entertaining first half yielded no goals before strikes from Jon Mundy and Alex Campana ensured the match ended 2-2 and headed for the lottery of penalties.

Both keepers made a save apiece before a Berko miss allowed Town to move 3-2 ahead.

Berko levelled the scores, but the final Town taker kept his cool to send his side into the next round.

The Comrades’ FA Cup hopes ended with heads held high in front of a club record crowd at Broadwater on Saturday after Slough Town won the first qualifying round tie 3-1.

It might have been a different story had Berko taken any of three good chances they created in the first 15 minutes, before the visitors from two divisions higher made the breakthrough.

Two further goals made sure of Slough’s place in the next round, before Stacey Field pulled one back.