After weathering heavy pressure, Oxhey Jets would have been delighted to take a share of the spoils from a 2-2 draw with Wembley on Tuesday.

The sides’ original meeting was called off with Jets leading 2-0 after a Wembley player sustained a bad injury.

This time round Wembley were the better side and started strongly, forcing the lead with a heavily deflected 15th-minute effort.

Jets hit back with 10 minutes of the half remaining after a goal-mouth scramble fell to Nick Kerley and he finished smartly.

Wembley carried their overall dominance into the second half and were given a perfect chance to restore their lead when Dan Taylor gave away a penalty.

The Wembley man kept his cool to send the keeper the wrong way and score.

The introduction of Tom Gibson for his debut followed in what proved to be an inspired change.

Gibson provided much-needed support to the Jets attack and they eventually forced a leveller after a handball deep in injury time have them a spot-kick.

Kerley stepped up to smash home from 12 yards to seal a dramatic draw.

Elsewhere in the South Midlands League Premier Division, Berkhamsted claimed top spot with a 4-1 win over St Margaretsbury on Saturday.

Stacey Field continued his fine form as he got the ball rolling with the opener before going on to grab a brace for Berko.

His strikes came either side of a Saints equaliser and the win was sealed by a Dan Jones penalty and a further Ashley Morrissey goal.

Berko continue their title pursuit with a meeting with Biggleswade FC tomorrow as first meets second with goal difference separating the sides.

There was no shortage of goals for Tring Athletic as their two matches saw the net bulge 10 times.

Saturday saw Athletic blow a three-goal lead to draw 3-3 with Biggleswade in their league meeting.

Once again the prolific Chris Blunden led the way for Tring as he scored a hat-trick, only for the high-flying opponents to hit back with three unanswered goals.

The Premier Division Cup also provided a happy hunting ground for Blunden, who notched in a 2-2 draw with Biggleswade United on Tuesday.

Luke Dunstan was also on target as the game went to penalties.

Tring keeper Jack Hopwood took his chance to be the main man and saved twice as Tring held their nerve to win the shoot-out 4-2.

A visit to Hadley awaits Tring in their next game as they get back to league commitments tomorrow.

Leverstock Green’s Premier Division Cup campaign came to an emphatic close on Tuesday with a thumping 6-0 loss at the hands of Welwyn Garden City.

They had far more fortune on Saturday as David Lawrence inspired them to a 3-0 league win over Stotfold.

Lawrence bagged a brace in the win to add to an effort from Matt Bateman, which saw Green ease to a comfortable win.

Green remain in trouble despite the win, but it will come as a relief to have picked up their first victory of the season.

They will hope to make it two on the spin when they take Oxhey Jets on home turf tomorrow.