Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
Watford want 'all the facts' before deciding whether to sack Troy Deeney
Watford's new chief executive Scott Duxbury has confirmed the club are in talks with Troy Deeney and stated they want "all the facts" before making a decision on his future.
Hornets striker Deeney was sentenced to ten months in prison for affray on June 25, although he could be out as early as December.
Watford have yet to decide what action they will take against Deeney and the club's new regime are keen to speak to last season's top scorer before making an announcement.
Duxbury told the Watford Observer: "We are talking to his people and talking to him. We need to get all the facts and see what his position is.
"I have not seen an apology yet or whether he is remorseful and we need to get more information from him.
"As a club we want to do the right thing but for now we just don't have enough information.
"We are in dialogue with him and once we have the full picture then we will make a decision on what is best for Watford Football Club."
You can read more about Deeney's court case here.
One Watford player whose immediate future was confirmed last night was midfielder Stephen McGinn.
The Scot's contract expired on July 1 but he initially decided against signing the new one-year deal, which was offered at the beginning of May.
McGinn decided he wanted to remain at Watford before his previous contract expired but by that point, the Hornets were in the middle of a takeover and the new regime were reluctant to sign off the deal before seeing the midfielder in training.
Duxbury said: "It was simply that we didn't know him. Gianfranco needed to see him and I think Stephen had been out for quite a long time so we wanted to see who he was and what he was about.
"But the contract had been offered and he is a good player."