Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
Discuss the action as Watford take on Charlton Athletic at the Valley
3:00pm Tuesday 2nd October 2012 in Sport
The Watford Observer is hoping fans will enjoy interacting pre-match, during the game and after the final whistle has blown on our website.
Twitter users can contribute just by adding the #WatfordFC hashtag and for those of you not on the social networking site, you can still read the comments here and add your own views in the Observer's comment section below.
If you have any questions for our reporter about the match or other Watford- related matters then you can contact him via Twitter by tweeting @Observer_Owl.
- Watford beat Charlton Athletic 2-1 despite spending the whole of the second half with ten men after Fernando Forestieri's sending off.
- The Hornets went 2-1 up after Almen Abdi curled a delightful free kick into the top corner with 70 minutes on the clock.
- At half-time it was Charlton 1 Watford 1 but the Hornets were reduced to ten men just before the break as Fernando Forestieri was sent off for a second yellow card. The first was for handball at a free kick and the second was for diving.
- Watford took the lead just before the half-hour mark when Fernando Forestieri sent in a corner which was glanced on by Marco Cassetti and then Tommie Hoban headed past Hamer, with the help of a deflection from a Charlton defender.
- But Charlton equalised in the 35th minute through Ricardo Fuller. He was through one-on-one on the right-hand side of the area and slotted past Manuel Almunia
Charlton: Hamer; Wilson, Morrison, Cort, Solly; Green (Hulse 79), Stephens, Hollands (Pritchard 79), Kerkar; Fuller, Wright-Phillips.
Subs: Button, Evina, Dervite, Razak, Wagstaff.
Watford: Almunia; Hoban, Hall, Neuton (Ekstrand 75); Cassetti, Hogg, Chalobah (90+1), Abdi, Pudil; Forestieri, Deeney (Iwelumo 90+5).
Subs: Bond, Yeates, Murray, Vydra.
Referee: Mike Dean.
Comments are closed on this article.