Herts Sunday Intermediate Cup Round Five

Only one fixture went ahead in the competition but it was an entertaining contest as AFC Spartians defeated Roving Reporters 5-2.

The Horton brothers yet again found the net, with Tom and Daniel each scoring. Darren Lancaster bagged a brace and Jamie Hunt was also on target in the victory.

Oxhey Jets Vets’ match against Thames Albion was called off due to an unfit pitch.

Turner Trophies Challenge Cup Round Two

Woodlands United moved into the next round after overcoming Ebury Guild 4-2.

Ashley Leeander and Steve Lawrence both netted braces, while goals from Alex Tomlinson and Dan Dare weren’t enough for Guild.

Turner Trophies Challenge Cup Round Three

Division Two side Evergreen caused a big cup upset as they dumped third-placed Premier Division outfit Hammer out of the competition after an emphatic 5-0 win.

Callum Rimmer netted a hat-trick, along with further goals from Jamie Harper and Adam Carpenter.

WSFL Intermediate Cup Round Two

Hammer Reserves succeeded where their first team failed by thumping Bushey Bimecc 8-2.

Luke Tarrant and Paul Kenwright both scored three times, while Kevin Kenwright and Tom Binbashi were also on target.

Mark Smith struck a brace for beaten Bimecc.

Premier Division

Top-of-the-table Bushey remain in top spot after they completed a 2-0 win away at Oxhey Estates.

The scorers were Jamie Brown and Ashley Harewood.

Oakview stay in second place after they thrashed Croxley Green Community Centre 7-0.

Lee Armitt was in clinical form as he struck five times, while Tom Inch and an own goal sealed the win.

Gadeside Rangers’ hoodoo against St Josephs continued as they suffered a 3-2 defeat.

Rangers started well and created a couple of half changes in the opening exchange but Tom Mitchell and Jay Evans were unable to convert.

It was slightly against the run of play when the hosts took the lead on 19 minutes when Ben Hammond was tripped in the box by Justyn Walcott.

Jon Croft stepped up to fire the penalty powerfully past Gadeside’s debutant keeper Tim Piper.

The goal knocked the stuffing out of Gadeside and their opponents came back into the game, though chances were at a premium.

Joe Pizans came close to a leveller on the half-hour mark as he brought a superb save from O’Grady following a goalmouth scramble.

However, the hosts doubled their lead moments later when referee Guy Bispham awarded another penalty.

A deep corner saw Joe Cowen head back across goal and Jay Evans nudged Jack Brown as he was about to head home.

Croft dispatched his second spot kick and Gadeside had a mountain to climb.

The visitors looked for a quick response and should have had one when Ross Popplewell broke free. However, his pass to Pizans was over-hit and again St Josephs recovered.

The second half started evenly but Tom Mitchell wasted a good chance to draw Gadeside level as he sent a shot over the crossbar from 12-yards.

Popplewell then missed the target after breaking through on goal and those missed chances proved costly as St Josephs wrapped up the game on the hour.

A poor goal kick caught out the Gadeside defence and Liam Sonner ran through to lob the ball over the advancing keeper.

Gadeside continued to create chances and Evans’ excellent cross found the head of Pizans, but his effort was cleared off the line by Lee Benning.

Evans then finally grabbed a goal that Gadeside deserved as he strode forward, cut inside and curled a superb effort into the top corner from 20 yards.

Gadeside threw everything forward in the final ten minutes and pulled a second goal back when Adam Hills fired home a half-volley.

Bottom side FC Crescent recorded their second league win of the season, 1-0 away to Wellington Arms thanks to Liam Hanley.

Division One

West Herts have finally reached the summit of the division after they overcame Rifle Volunteer 3-1 through goals from Roger Lake (2) and Phil Barnard.

Mark Lomas was on target for Rifle.

Old Garston Juniors made hard work of beating Green Dragon 3-1 but Mark McLauhln, Metin Muztuccari and Patric O’Boyle were all on target to seal victory.

Mike Roache replied for Dragons.

Langlebury Cricket Club and CK Guild fought out a 1-1 draw, with Louis McNamara’s goal for Bury cancelled out by Aaron Farrell’s effort.

Division Two

Old Fullerians consolidated top spot in the division with a 5-1 hammering of bottom club Wellington Arms Reserves.

Ben Williams bagged a brace and there was one each for Joe Rylett, Phil Siedler and Dan Woosley.

Sun Postal Sports won a high-scoring game against Dome Bar Area 5-3 in a match in which two sets of brothers all scored.

For Sun, Nicky Thomas netted twice, while the Hakner brothers, Louis and Sam, had one each and Mark Harris also netted.

Dome’s scorers were Glen Smith and their two brothers, Michael and Angelo Napolitano.

AFC Bushey had a difficult 2-1 win over Victoria thanks to goals by Carl Mitchell and Ryan Turnbull, with Joe Cheshire replying for Vic.

Division Three

Shenley Wood wasted a chance to put more points between them and Evergreen when they lost 3-1 at home to Hertsmere (Sunday).

Tokie Oougbesan and two from Lewis McGregor cancelled out Jerry Moore’s strike for Shenley.

In a battle for the last two places in the division, Oxhey Estates Reserves claimed a 1-0 win over Sun Postal United thanks to a Keith Woodgate strike.

AFC Oddfellows recorded an impressive 4-1 win away at The Pavillion.

A brace from Connor Flanagan was added to by goals from Dean Orsmond and Geoff Jones.

Daryll Gillibrand netted for Pavillion.

Division Four

Racing Santandome moved to the top of the division but they struggled in their 2-1 win over Carpenders Park Rangers.

Martin Regan and Ollie Bird were on target for Racing, while the Rangers goal was scored by George Mole.

Oxhey Lions lost top spot as they were held to a 0-0 draw by a stubborn Rickmansworth Athletic side.

West Herts Reserves had a narrow 3-2 win over AFC Bushey Reserves.

Cedric Felder, Ian Geddes and David McConnon all found the net for the Stags, while Scott Mitchell and David King found the net for Bushey.

Gadeside Rangers Reserves fought back from two goals down to grab a point against West Watford.

Despite enjoying a lot of possession, Gadeside found themselves a goal down at the break after Aamar Khan’s strike.

Gadeside were forced to play the second half with ten men as Ryan Baker had to leave and worse followed when Khan doubled his and West Watford’s tally.

However, Gadeside kept plugging away and they pulled a goal back when a visiting defender turned Harry Lock’s cross into his own net.

The home side continued to attack in search of an equaliser and Ray Constant smashed home an unstoppable drive from 25 yards to earn his side a share of the points.