Spartan South Midland League Premier Division side Sun Sports continued their pre-season preparation with a 3-1 defeat against Harefield United.

In truth, Sun were never truly in the game on Saturday as Harefield controlled proceedings throughout.

They took the lead through Elliot Dobbs’ penalty before finding the net again to give themselves breathing space.

A superb strike from United skipper Robert Graham all but put the game to bed, but there was still time for Sun to hit back and grab a consolation goal.

Oxhey Jets enjoyed a more productive weekend as they recorded a 1-0 win against a competitive Wadham Lodge side.

At the time of going to press they were preparing for a clash against Kings Langley and continue their pre-season schedule with a game against Colliers Wood tomorrow.

Berkhamsted’s pre-season form shows no sign of picking up as they extended their winless run to a fifth friendly clash.

Saturday’s meeting with Hayes and Yeading proved to be a punishing one as the visitors ran in three goals without reply.

Their mid-week clash with Risborough Rangers offered little respite as Berko were beaten 2-0.

Rangers were ahead with 24 minutes on the clock, when Lamar Mason-Williamson showed great composure to finish smartly with his side’s only shot on target of the first half.

They doubled their advantage with just seven minutes played in the second period as Martin Griggs stepped up to convert a penalty.

Tring Athletic had no such issues as they dispatched Chalfont Wasps with an impressive 4-1 triumph.

The victory, which saw Tring score three late goals, makes it three wins on the spin to continue a productive pre-season.

Tring broke the deadlock in the 55th minute when some smart link-up play between Tommy Twelves and Chris Blunden allowed the former to convert.

The lead lasted just four minutes as Chalfont levelled from the spot after a clumsy challenge had given them a penalty.

Tring’s response could not have been more emphatic as fine individual goals from Max Hercules and Blunden put them in control of the contest.

They completed the win through Qwam Thomas’ goal, which saw Thomas latch onto a fine pass from new signing Josh Hart to convert.

Leverstock Green were on the receiving end of a 2-1 defeat against Barton Rovers, despite putting in a good performance.

Barton went ahead in the 27th minute after Charlie May’s smart save fell invitingly for Nathan Olakube, who converted the rebound.

They were in front for less than 10 minutes though, after a goalmouth scramble allowed David Lawrence to stab home.

The visitors were ahead before half-time as Joshua Oyinsan completed the scoring with a well-taken finish.