Who was your man-of-the-match in Watford's win at Leeds United?

There are a few candidates but who is your Watford man-of-the-match following yesterday’s 6-1 victory at Leeds United?

Matej Vydra may be a popular choice after returning to the starting line-up and scoring a brace, while Almen Abdi gave the visitors the comfort of a two-goal lead before his game was ended through injury.

Perhaps you might opt for Ikechi Anya, who caused problems for the home defence with his pace and his involvement was such that four Leeds players were booking for fouling him, or perhaps you’d select another player.

Either way, have your say by voting in the ballot below.

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:43am Sun 11 Nov 12

WatfordTalk says...

Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young! WatfordTalk

10:43am Sun 11 Nov 12

D.unstable says...

I'm voting Colin #numbnuts
I'm voting Colin #numbnuts D.unstable

1:03pm Sun 11 Nov 12

rogeruk says...

WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
[quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés. rogeruk

1:32pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Bush Hornet says...

rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
Roger, the whole team's too good for this league. That's why we're going up sooner rather than later.

Here's a few other cliches for you:

We outclassed them. We have quality. We were rampant. Jesus loves you. The Republicans can't offer America a candidate worth voting for.

All cliches, all true. The last 2 are for my friend Lutondown.
[quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]Roger, the whole team's too good for this league. That's why we're going up sooner rather than later. Here's a few other cliches for you: We outclassed them. We have quality. We were rampant. Jesus loves you. The Republicans can't offer America a candidate worth voting for. All cliches, all true. The last 2 are for my friend Lutondown. Bush Hornet

2:46pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Smilingburkinshaw says...

Who is this 15 year old kid we're signing? Anyone know please??
Who is this 15 year old kid we're signing? Anyone know please?? Smilingburkinshaw

2:49pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Holly68 says...

Smilingburkinshaw wrote:
Who is this 15 year old kid we're signing? Anyone know please??
Maradinho Peledinho cousin's of Lloyd
[quote][p][bold]Smilingburkinshaw[/bold] wrote: Who is this 15 year old kid we're signing? Anyone know please??[/p][/quote]Maradinho Peledinho cousin's of Lloyd Holly68

2:55pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Smilingburkinshaw says...

Haha - come on Holly you've normally got your finger on the pulse
Haha - come on Holly you've normally got your finger on the pulse Smilingburkinshaw

3:23pm Sun 11 Nov 12

DuffmanWFC says...

Easy this! Vydra was by far man of the match!
He is the best finisher we have at the club and must start every game from now on!
Easy this! Vydra was by far man of the match! He is the best finisher we have at the club and must start every game from now on! DuffmanWFC

3:37pm Sun 11 Nov 12

WatfordTalk says...

Bush Hornet wrote:
rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
Roger, the whole team's too good for this league. That's why we're going up sooner rather than later.

Here's a few other cliches for you:

We outclassed them. We have quality. We were rampant. Jesus loves you. The Republicans can't offer America a candidate worth voting for.

All cliches, all true. The last 2 are for my friend Lutondown.
It may be a bit of a cliche but as Bush Hornet has said, it's true. If you're confused as to what exactly it means; it means that he could quite easily do well in a league higher than the one he is currently in. As could Abdi, Forrest, Chalobah, Pudil, Hoban and many others! Get it now?
[quote][p][bold]Bush Hornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]Roger, the whole team's too good for this league. That's why we're going up sooner rather than later. Here's a few other cliches for you: We outclassed them. We have quality. We were rampant. Jesus loves you. The Republicans can't offer America a candidate worth voting for. All cliches, all true. The last 2 are for my friend Lutondown.[/p][/quote]It may be a bit of a cliche but as Bush Hornet has said, it's true. If you're confused as to what exactly it means; it means that he could quite easily do well in a league higher than the one he is currently in. As could Abdi, Forrest, Chalobah, Pudil, Hoban and many others! Get it now? WatfordTalk

3:58pm Sun 11 Nov 12

SAHornet says...

rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
Its your post that is of no interest to posters in this forum roger. You take 9 lines to berate a fellow Watford fan for a perfectly legitimate post. Grow up, man.
[quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]Its your post that is of no interest to posters in this forum roger. You take 9 lines to berate a fellow Watford fan for a perfectly legitimate post. Grow up, man. SAHornet

4:17pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Stoney77 says...

rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
So, Roger, your contribution was of interest to readers was it? I think not.
Nor was it original or interesting... but you still posted it. So, Roger, follow your own advice and 'Please think on that'.
By the way I have never read comments about Vydra being 'unbelievably composed in 1 on 1 situations for someone so young'... so Watfordtalk's comment was actually original.
[quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]So, Roger, your contribution was of interest to readers was it? I think not. Nor was it original or interesting... but you still posted it. So, Roger, follow your own advice and 'Please think on that'. By the way I have never read comments about Vydra being 'unbelievably composed in 1 on 1 situations for someone so young'... so Watfordtalk's comment was actually original. Stoney77

7:59pm Sun 11 Nov 12

Jon_mk says...

SAHornet wrote:
rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
Its your post that is of no interest to posters in this forum roger. You take 9 lines to berate a fellow Watford fan for a perfectly legitimate post. Grow up, man.
SA - well said that man. Took the words out of mouth!
[quote][p][bold]SAHornet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]Its your post that is of no interest to posters in this forum roger. You take 9 lines to berate a fellow Watford fan for a perfectly legitimate post. Grow up, man.[/p][/quote]SA - well said that man. Took the words out of mouth! Jon_mk

12:19am Mon 12 Nov 12

Poppet Bear says...

Excellent performance, just need some consistency now.
Excellent performance, just need some consistency now. Poppet Bear

10:04am Mon 12 Nov 12

Alexander Hilcroft says...

rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
That's more like it! This forum has become more akin to some kind of dating web site where sad individuals go to make new friends. Let's have more argumentative posts like Roger's and less agreement and general back slapping
[quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]That's more like it! This forum has become more akin to some kind of dating web site where sad individuals go to make new friends. Let's have more argumentative posts like Roger's and less agreement and general back slapping Alexander Hilcroft

11:19am Mon 12 Nov 12

Bush Hornet says...

Alexander Hilcroft wrote:
rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
That's more like it! This forum has become more akin to some kind of dating web site where sad individuals go to make new friends. Let's have more argumentative posts like Roger's and less agreement and general back slapping
I totally agree Alex, whatever your point is. Let's date
[quote][p][bold]Alexander Hilcroft[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]That's more like it! This forum has become more akin to some kind of dating web site where sad individuals go to make new friends. Let's have more argumentative posts like Roger's and less agreement and general back slapping[/p][/quote]I totally agree Alex, whatever your point is. Let's date Bush Hornet

1:36pm Mon 12 Nov 12

rogeruk says...

Alexander Hilcroft wrote:
rogeruk wrote:
WatfordTalk wrote:
Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young!
“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that!

Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.
That's more like it! This forum has become more akin to some kind of dating web site where sad individuals go to make new friends. Let's have more argumentative posts like Roger's and less agreement and general back slapping
Sadly my comments have gone over the heads of some of the posters on here.

Watford Talk even felt the necessity to answer my ironic question!

As to being of no interest, I think the various comments on my post could possibly disprove that, had I not done so possibly the whole theme would have been devoted to clichés.

I did enjoy Bush Hornet's post using clichés he or she put together an amusing piece, even clever.

I had no intention of berating anyone believe me if I was to berate somebody they would know about it!

To some (not all) my misunderstood point was given we had won 6-1 away at Leeds with spectacular finishing it would have been great to hear fans express their joy in original terms without resorting to the 'speak' of tired old ex-boring footballer hacks heard regularly on various sports radio.

If our team can put on a performance like that then we the fans should raise our game in our appreciation of our golden boys and be individual and express our delight and thanks to them.

The lack of media comment, video or time given to Watford’s incredible performance and finishing is proof of the antagonism the BBC and others have towards this club. However, I take this as a positive the media together with other clubs managers and fans begrudge our success and future.

Man Utd (for their fame) then Chelsea (envious of Abramovich’s money) get bad press, the upside is the birth of a club where senior management, players and fans become ‘one’ and take on the world.

If you analyse ‘The Special One’ it’s a fundamental reason for his success. Had he stayed at Chelsea I believe Chelsea would have ruled the world, unfortunately the two men’s egos broke the spirit. There is a lesson here for us.

Mowbray, Pierson and Warnock hardly mentioned Watford’s name let alone a single word of praise, this is good, and this is fear. I love it!

Only now are fans starting to understand the momentum, the quality from management to players and what that can achieve, fans are absolutely integral to the success, in difficult times as well as good.

All these what I would call as premier middling clubs, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Blackburn and clubs like QPR, Southampton and so on is where we used to be at, and now aspire not only to match, I believe we really can if the plan goes to form aspire to the next level after that i.e. the 6 to 12 premier category of clubs. Why not?

Watford’s catchment area is in London North, North West London plus the counties around the potential is there t long term to be a big club.

We have to move on, no more 'Luton' no more ‘little Watford’ no more 'Mr nice guy'!

How exiting is that?
[quote][p][bold]Alexander Hilcroft[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rogeruk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]WatfordTalk[/bold] wrote: Vydra simply too good for this league. Unbelievably composed in 1-on-1 situations for someone so young![/p][/quote]“Too good for this league” what does that mean? It’s a football cliché! Used by people who can't think of anything original or interesting? Please think on that! Lately we have experienced interesting and mature posts from the great majority of Watford fans, following disappointing five years of appalling senior management decisions which took us to the point of ruin, we finally have our club back. Reason enough to contribute something of interest for readers, not clichés.[/p][/quote]That's more like it! This forum has become more akin to some kind of dating web site where sad individuals go to make new friends. Let's have more argumentative posts like Roger's and less agreement and general back slapping[/p][/quote]Sadly my comments have gone over the heads of some of the posters on here. Watford Talk even felt the necessity to answer my ironic question! As to being of no interest, I think the various comments on my post could possibly disprove that, had I not done so possibly the whole theme would have been devoted to clichés. I did enjoy Bush Hornet's post using clichés he or she put together an amusing piece, even clever. I had no intention of berating anyone believe me if I was to berate somebody they would know about it! To some (not all) my misunderstood point was given we had won 6-1 away at Leeds with spectacular finishing it would have been great to hear fans express their joy in original terms without resorting to the 'speak' of tired old ex-boring footballer hacks heard regularly on various sports radio. If our team can put on a performance like that then we the fans should raise our game in our appreciation of our golden boys and be individual and express our delight and thanks to them. The lack of media comment, video or time given to Watford’s incredible performance and finishing is proof of the antagonism the BBC and others have towards this club. However, I take this as a positive the media together with other clubs managers and fans begrudge our success and future. Man Utd (for their fame) then Chelsea (envious of Abramovich’s money) get bad press, the upside is the birth of a club where senior management, players and fans become ‘one’ and take on the world. If you analyse ‘The Special One’ it’s a fundamental reason for his success. Had he stayed at Chelsea I believe Chelsea would have ruled the world, unfortunately the two men’s egos broke the spirit. There is a lesson here for us. Mowbray, Pierson and Warnock hardly mentioned Watford’s name let alone a single word of praise, this is good, and this is fear. I love it! Only now are fans starting to understand the momentum, the quality from management to players and what that can achieve, fans are absolutely integral to the success, in difficult times as well as good. All these what I would call as premier middling clubs, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Blackburn and clubs like QPR, Southampton and so on is where we used to be at, and now aspire not only to match, I believe we really can if the plan goes to form aspire to the next level after that i.e. the 6 to 12 premier category of clubs. Why not? Watford’s catchment area is in London North, North West London plus the counties around the potential is there t long term to be a big club. We have to move on, no more 'Luton' no more ‘little Watford’ no more 'Mr nice guy'! How exiting is that? rogeruk

2:18pm Mon 12 Nov 12

abbotshornet says...

After the Horns winning 6 - 1 away at Leeds I'm not suprised the Watford fans cannot think of much to argue about!
It makes a nice change after years of childish name calling on the site for most of the posters to agree about most things, ditto the fact we now have finacial stability rather than a dodgy chairman. (And L*t*n lost at home).
I know it's boring for some people not to have conflict but hopefully they will just have to get used to it.
And I agree Vydra should get more starts. COYH
After the Horns winning 6 - 1 away at Leeds I'm not suprised the Watford fans cannot think of much to argue about! It makes a nice change after years of childish name calling on the site for most of the posters to agree about most things, ditto the fact we now have finacial stability rather than a dodgy chairman. (And L*t*n lost at home). I know it's boring for some people not to have conflict but hopefully they will just have to get used to it. And I agree Vydra should get more starts. COYH abbotshornet

2:28pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Travelling Hornet says...

Very well put Rog agree with most of what you say but I'd of put it more simply and with lot less words,like' We're too good for this league !!!!'
Very well put Rog agree with most of what you say but I'd of put it more simply and with lot less words,like' We're too good for this league !!!!' Travelling Hornet

2:32pm Mon 12 Nov 12

abbotshornet says...

Another cliche for you, one swallow does not make a summer, let's see how good we are at the end of the season.
It's fun to dream though .....
Another cliche for you, one swallow does not make a summer, let's see how good we are at the end of the season. It's fun to dream though ..... abbotshornet

2:33pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Smilingburkinshaw says...

Travelling, how was Geijo? How was Deeney when he came on? Still sticking with gay boy?
Travelling, how was Geijo? How was Deeney when he came on? Still sticking with gay boy? Smilingburkinshaw

4:37pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Travelling Hornet says...

Smilingburkinshaw wrote:
Travelling, how was Geijo? How was Deeney when he came on? Still sticking with gay boy?
GI joe did just fine , an assist to the first goal that set us up. Lovely touch!
The Deeney did well too, after they were softened up.
What's the matter with you ,'burk,
Rejoice ,rejoice,rejoice!
[quote][p][bold]Smilingburkinshaw[/bold] wrote: Travelling, how was Geijo? How was Deeney when he came on? Still sticking with gay boy?[/p][/quote]GI joe did just fine , an assist to the first goal that set us up. Lovely touch! The Deeney did well too, after they were softened up. What's the matter with you ,'burk, Rejoice ,rejoice,rejoice! Travelling Hornet

10:03am Tue 13 Nov 12

Smilingburkinshaw says...

Im deilghted, I was just interested! Its fantastic that we're having the debate!
Im deilghted, I was just interested! Its fantastic that we're having the debate! Smilingburkinshaw

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree