Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
It's a duck's life
10.53am Tuesday 29th April 2008
People living in Blackwell Drive, Oxhey, waged a campaign of more than ten years to get traffic calming measures introduced to their road... if only they had known. Traffic in the busy thoroughfare was brought to a halt this week as a mummy duck, whose sat nav had clearly misdirected her, was forced to route march her five fluffy off-spring the length of Blackwell Drive, across Riverside Road, and through Riverside Park to the relative safety of the River Colne. Watford Observer editorial manager Frazer Ansell witnessed the procession and even had to hold up the traffic in Riverside Road to ensure the ducks reached sanctuary in the park and guided them safely to the river, where they promptly jumped in while one of mummy's acquaintances, probably a good friend, flew over head and did his utmost to deliver his calling card on Frazer's head. That's life.
- Watford chairman: 'Aidy's got great potential'
- Watford chairman set to explain Boothroyd's departure
- Oveg Barn Dance
- Hollywood icon visits Bushey
- Waste disposal boss jailed for dumping
- 'Vile' Oakley escapes jail
- Nick Clegg at CAB
- For the love of the Palace Theatre.
- UFO Video 3
- UFO Video 2
- UFO Video 1
- Guided tour of Bentley Priory
- Croxley Revels
- Miss Herts 2008
- Trolley Dash
- Bushey Arches roadworks
- Hoax calls put lives in danger