Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
It’ s Nearly a Brand New Year
Don’t you just love Christmas! Memories of my childhood at this time of the year are just magical. For those children who are fortunate enough to experience a happy Christmas it’s such an amazing time. With their excitement building up throughout the month, waiting with baited breath when they wake up on Christmas morning to see if Santa has come down the chimney and left the toys they have asked for.
Christmas Eve is usually the one evening of the year you can expect to get your little “angels” to bed early. They definitely don’t want to take the chance of upsetting anyone and finding they were missed out as Santa flew over their house in his sleigh.
The world is a very big place with a large population of lonely people and Watford and Three Rivers is no different. For many, Christmas time can accentuate that solitary feeling. This could be homelessness, failed relationships, not succeeding in work, unemployment, bereavement, separation, divorce or just what life has handed to them with circumstances beyond their control. Try to imagine just being completely alone and with temperatures dropping and the streets emptying out, people become more vulnerable.
There are also many elderly people who live too far from relatives or don’t have anyone around at all and spend the holiday season on their own, do consider inviting them to join you and your family at some point over the holidays.
If the weather gets really icy or snow is on the ground, do knock on their door and see if they need some shopping just in case they are too scared to go out.
To help people aged 60 and above, we are offering Lifeline Plus. This is a home support service helping individuals to maintain an independent lifestyle in their own home. (There may be a charge for this dependent on financial circumstance). This scheme is a service to help a range of people including:
• Those who need support and guidance to improve their quality of life and maintain independence in their own home.
• Those who need support to maximise their income through benefit entitlement.
• Those who need support to access and maintain social networks.
• Those who are experiencing a crisis.
Wherever you may be Season’s Greetings and a very Happy and Healthy New Year to one and all.
This year our offices will be open on Thursday, 27th and Friday, 28th December. Plans are in place for cover and should anyone have an emergency repair they should contact our Emergency Repairs phone number on 0800 2182247 or 01923 209247.
To find out more information about the Home Support Service or anything else happening at the Trust, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this section
- Sometimes it's ok to just be a patient
- Are Patients from Mars and Health Care Professionals from Venus? - Part 2
- Are Patients from Mars & Health Care Professionals from Venus? - Part 1
- Launch of Jobs At Home
- Watford Foodbank
- There's Only One Lloyd Doyley
- Social Enterprise – The Watford Cycle Hub
- Co-parenting – artificial insemination at home
- Social Enterprise – The Green Canteen