Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting WO to 80360, or email us
Over the last few weeks we have been recruiting new volunteers to help us make our services better. We’ve had loads of responses so far from people we’ve never worked with before and I am looking forward to them joining our friendly team at the Trust and doing some fun things with me too.
I just love meeting new people and I am really looking forward to seeing lots of new faces. I am always in my element when I can socialise with people and hopefully make them feel like they have known me for ages and ages. There is still time to apply if you haven’t done so already – simply go to www.wcht.org.uk/joinin, fill in a brief application form and we’ll be in contact with you shortly.
We have had an amazing response to date with approximately 58 people contacting us about joining our Gateway Committee and we haven’t even gone out into the community to meet people yet.
We have even had 3 applicants who are under 25. We are really pleased to see the skills that have been offered too. Some of the applicants have worked in marketing, local health services, social work and lots of other areas relevant to the work of the Trust. They have real community experience and many of them have worked on local projects or organising committees and have a good understanding of the way that people in Watford and Three Rivers access services and some of the issues that they face.
As a community organisation we are about much more than providing homes – our role includes investing in community projects, carrying out major improvement works to our estates and working alongside other organisations to provide additional services, such as employment and money advice. We are looking for residents to get involved with the Trust so we can make these important decisions together and help make Watford and Three Rivers the “in place” to live.
If you’re interested in finding out more about getting involved in our work, come and speak to our community empowerment team at 01923 209183 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can come and visit us at one of these local Road Shows:
- Monday 5th March Hillside: Coffee by the Green, Baptist Church Community Café, School Mead, Abbots Langley 9:00am-11:00am
- Wednesday 7th March Boundary Way: Residents Surgery, Boundary Way Community Room 2.00pm-4.00pm
- Wednesday 7th March Gateway House, 59 Clarendon Road 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Thursday 8th March Leavesden Green: Maple Leaf Community Café, Leavesden Green Community Centre, Clarke Way 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Friday 9th March Meriden: Meriden Estate Office, York Way 9.30am-12.00pm
- Friday 9th March Tudor: Coffee Shop, Horwood Court, Hillrise Avenue 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Tuesday 13th March Woodside: WAG Community Café, Church of the Nazarene, The Brow 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday 14th March Courtlands: Hollytree House, Gammons Lane 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Friday 16th March Radlett Road: Centrepoint Community Centre, Raphael Drive 1:00pm-2:30pm
- Monday 19th March, Harebreaks / Callowlands: North Watford Methodist Church, The Harebreaks 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday 21st March Sherwoods: Roman Fields Coffee Shop, Orbital Community Centre, Haines Way 10:30am-2:00pm
- Thursday 22nd March Rookery and Oxhey: Eastbury Court, Longcroft (off Eastbury Road) 10.00am-11.30am
- Friday 23rd March Holywell: Summer Place, High View 9.30am-11.00am
To find out more information about the Gateway Recruitment or anything happening at the Trust, please contact me on email@example.com or on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/WatfordCommunityHousingTrust.