SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: WAT1375201
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - JERSEY AVENUE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow for multi utility works to take place.
1. The order shall be cited as The Harrow (Jersey Avenue) Temporary Traffic Order 2019, and shall be operational on 26th September 2019 and shall remain in effect during these hours until 30th October 2019 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all works will be complete by 28th September 2019.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting Jersey Avenue at its junction with Kenton Lane.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the multi utility works.
4. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion via; Kenton Lane, Queens Avenue, Uppingham Avenue and vice versa.
Dated 26th September 2019
Ian Slaney, Head of Parking and Network Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 2XA