LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW THE HARROW (LOW TRAFFIC NEIGHBOURHOOD) (NO.4) EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1853891
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW THE HARROW (LOW TRAFFIC NEIGHBOURHOOD) (NO.4) EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDER 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow on 18 September 2020 made the above mentioned order under Section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Order will be to:-
(a) prohibit vehicles from entering the prohibited areas specified in Schedule 1 to this notice,
(b) impose a maximum speed limit of 20 miles per hour in the roads specified in Schedule 2 to this notice.
3. The prohibition referred to in Article 2 (a) of this notice will not apply:-
(a) to pedal cycles; or
(b) to vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency.
4. A copy of the order, which will come into operation on 28 September 2020, of a map of the relevant area, the notice of making and of the Council's statement of reasons for making the Order, can all be inspected on the Harrow Council website at
, until the expiration of a period of six months from the date on which the order was made.
5. The Order has provided that in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Council's Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management or some person authorised in that behalf by him, may, if it appears to him or that person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by this Order runs, modify or suspend this Order or any provision thereof.
6. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order may, within six weeks of the date on which the Order was made, make application for the purpose to the High Court
7. If the provisions of the Order continue in operation for a period of not less than six months, the Council of the London Borough of Brent will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Order should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of an Order under section 6 of the said Act of 1984. Persons desiring to object to the making of the Order under section 6 of the said Act of 1984 for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation in force may, within the afore-mentioned period of six months, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds thereof to the Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management at the address below quoting reference 2020-18.
Dated 24 September 2020
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA
Beresford Road, at the southern kerb-line of Cunningham Park, Canterbury Road, at the south eastern kerb-line of Station Road, Cumberland Road, at the south eastern kerb-line of Station Road, Klngsfleld Avenue, at the north western kerb-line of Pinner View, Pinner View, at the north western kerb-line of Bolton Road and Pinner View at the southern kerb-line of Cunningham Park.
Allington Road, Althorpe Road, Apsley Close, Balfour Road, Bedford Road, Beresford Road, Bolton Road, Brook Drive, Buckingham Road, Canterbury Road - between Station Road and Pinner View, Chandos Road, Churchfield Close, Cornwall Road, Cross Road, Cumberland Road, Cunningham Park, Devonshire Road, Dorset Road, Durham Road, Gloucester Road, Grafton Road, Hide Road, Hillfield Close, Hindes Road - from the south western kerb-line of Harrow View to its south western extremity, Holsworth Close, Kingsfield Avenue, Kingsway Crescent, Longley Road, Moat Drive, Norfolk Road, Oxford Road, Pinner View -from the south eastern kerb-line of Headstone Gardens to the north eastern kerb-line of Pinner Road, Roxborough Road, Rutland Road, Salisbury Road, Somerset Road, Surrey Road, Sussex Road, Westmorland Road, Woodberry Avenue ^^^^^^^^^^^